Sugar Cookie Help

Baking By bridgettes Updated 6 Aug 2007 , 4:42am by DianeLM

bridgettes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridgettes Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 8

k i did the no fail sugar cookie recipe from CC to a t. and they taste like flour.... i didnt forget anything and didnt do too much anything.... does anyone have a good sugar cookie recipe that they would like to share? thanks!

7 replies
bridgettes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridgettes Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 12:02am
post #2 of 8

bump

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 2:22am
post #3 of 8

Martha Stewart has a rolled sugar cookie on her site that is good.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 2:38am
post #4 of 8

Penny's recipe is good. It barely spreads during baking, if it does at all. Here's the link to it: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3993-Pennys-cookies.html

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:13am
post #5 of 8

i use the wilton sugar cookie recipe. it tastes very good and esy to make

smbegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smbegg Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:21am
post #6 of 8

I use the wilton one. It is very similar to the NFSC. They taste wonderfully when frosted with RI. I think that the NFSC and the Wilton and others like it are meant to be frosted to add sweetness. If you want a really sweet cookie, go with the ones that are not rolled.

Stephanei

RaYiTo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaYiTo Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:33am
post #7 of 8

i have only used the penny cookies recipe the only 2 times i had done cookies,and at my house it doesn`t last very long. y made like 3 dozens out of one batch and belive me ,i made it at night time and by next day,all gone . my hubby like cookies with jelly in the middle,well i didnt know what to put in so i used regular jelly and then baked the cookies.woww, they were really tasty soft and yummy. LOVE THAT RECIPE..i tried to do a chocolate chip cokkies batch but didn`t like the cookies.. i bellter sitck to the penny`s!!!!!

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 4:42am
post #8 of 8

I love the no-fail recipe but find that it needs some extra flavor boost. Before Butavan became available again, I used to add 2 tsp vanilla and 2 tsp almond per recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%