Horse Cake

Decorating By Dawncurby Updated 6 Aug 2007 , 3:50am by katskreations

Dawncurby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawncurby Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 9

Hi,
Does anyone have a pretty simple idea for a horse cake, or a simple cut out design or just an idea? I had someone ask me if I could do a horse cake for a little girl and I am trying to get some ideas..thanks so much.

Dawn

8 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 9

there is one cake that comes to mind, i'm trying to find it for you. its a two tier (you could do any size) pink (i think i saw a blue one too) round cake with ribbon at the base of each tier, a gerbera daisy on top , and a chocolate transfer horse (brown chocolate ). so simple but very girly, very pretty and so stunning!

Dawncurby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawncurby Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 8:14pm
post #6 of 9

Hi,
Thanks so much for all of the ideas..

Dawn

Karabear1125 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karabear1125 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:28am
post #7 of 9

Hi,

I just did a horse cake for a young girl also, I'm not sure if it's somthing you're looking for but it's in my photos if you want to take a look. It was pretty simple - just a 10 " round with an image traced w/piping gel and transfered on the cake and I just colored it in w/the buttercream icing.

I still have the picture of the horse I used to trace with if you're interested, just let me know and I can send you it.

Thanks!

jamiet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiet Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:40am
post #8 of 9

I have 2 horse cakes in my photos. They were for really little girls. They probably wouldn't work for someone older.

katskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katskreations Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:50am
post #9 of 9

I made one several years ago that might work for you. I made the cake look like a field with some tufts of grass scattered around, and put a couple jumps and a plastic toy horse. Sorry I don't have a picture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%