I Found A New Product!!!!

Decorating By mohara Updated 7 Jul 2005 , 5:39pm by justsweet

mohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mohara Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 2

Hi.
I just bought it and haven't tried it yet but at A.C. Moore (a store like Michaels - craft store), they had "frostingdoodle." These look like the icing writers that Wilton has or the candy writers that CK products makes. On the bottle it claims that they dry fast and are stackable - which to me means, the frosting will not smudge! It seems like this would be a lot easier for detail work on royal icing cookie decorating or colorflow work. Maybe even for buttercream transfers...I don't know.

To me, as long as it hardens, it seems better than tinting a bunch of different colors of royal icing for minor detail work.

Of course though, as Murphy's law would have it, just this morning I went out the www.candylandcrafts.com and decided to order a bunch of colors of the candy writers - basically for this exact same reason. When I had used the Wilton icing writers on my daughter's cookies - I did her classmates names, some get smudged. So then I decided, next time I'll do it with the candy writers - these harden great. So I went online and bought about 8 different colors. Do you think that stopped me when it came to these frostingdoodle tubes......NOPE! Bought all 11 colors!

I get very obsessive that way!
Oh well......money...easy come, easy go! hahaha

I will let you know how they work!

1 reply
justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 2

These are good. I use them for molds for chocolate and for cookies.

Enjoy them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%