Coffe Mate Help!!!!

Baking By MissT Updated 5 Oct 2006 , 10:32pm by NEWTODECORATING

MissT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissT Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 10

I'm sorry if this offends anybody because I know that this question has probably been answered before but I couldn't find the answer even though I searched a lot for it using different key words, etc.
icon_redface.gif
I want to use the coffemate vanilla caramel creamer for a cake today and am not sure about one thing. Do you use the exact same amount as you would water (I use the cake mix extender recipe) or use more because it is heavier???

9 replies
mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 10

I used the powdered version of this creamer. With the powder you use 2 Tablespoons. I think subsituting for all the water would be too much.

cakejunkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakejunkie Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 10

I use the liquid and I replaced some of the water with about a 1/4 of a cup of creamer and the cake was divine!!

MissT Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 10

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! You have definitely kept me from making a total mess of my cake!!!

Murnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Murnie Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 1:23am
post #5 of 10

I'm so interested in trying this also but am not sure of it.
What flavor cake with what flavor of coffee mate and what icing goes with it. If anyone could tell exatly what they did I would be greatful. I guess I'm just slow with understanding it. What was the best flavor combination anyone has tried?
Murnie
[email protected]

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 1:28am
post #6 of 10

white cake with 2T of the powder is what i used. just YUMMY!!!!!

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 1:33am
post #7 of 10

I tried it in buttercream and it was awesome! The only thing is that you HAVE to dissolve the regular creamer in hot water before adding it to your BC. If you don't the sugar granuals do NOT dissolve and will make your BC gritty.
This may not be a problem if you use the sugar-free version.

Good luck on your cake. I think I will make myself one for my b-day!

Thanks!
Diana

cakejunkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakejunkie Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 2:04am
post #8 of 10

Murnie- I made a vanilla chocolate swirl cake with vanilla caramel coffee mate and filled with caramel filling and iced with vanilla butter cream, it was sooooo good!! I also took scraps from the the vanilla chocolate swirl cake and made cake balls and my family polished them off that same day!! There are several flavors of cofffee mate, just use your imagination! I myself, prefer the liguid because I think it blends better But you can use powder also. Hope this helps icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

MissT Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 10:25pm
post #9 of 10

OK, an update on the cake I made. I used the Vanilla Caramel liquid creamer (1/4 cup to replace part of the water), then used Caramel coffee flavoring - the liquid kind in my BC for the filling (only a small amount) and frosted the whole thing in BC with French Vanilla liquid creamer used in place of the water and took it to work.

The results were awesome!!!!! I have NEVER received so many compliments on the flavor of a cake. Now I will have to try different combos too. Can't wait!!! MMMMM!!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 10:32pm
post #10 of 10

I did one last week. I used the liquid vanilla carmel coffee creamer and replaced 1/2 the liquid with the creamer and the other 1/2 milk. I put apple pie filling in the blender and then got it hot with brown sugar, cinnamon, and corn starch, (used it as a filling) and put some of the creamer in my BC, and then topped the whole thing with the carmel from a can drizzled over it. OMG OMG OMG SOOOOO GOOD!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%