My Husband Just Loves Cheescake

Baking By sheilaattaway Updated 7 Jul 2005 , 9:38pm by sheilaattaway

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:21am
post #1 of 6

My husband loves cheese cake, but I cant find a good recipe that he realy likes. Anyone have a suggestion. Their r so many in the recipes on the site it is overwelming.
thanks icon_smile.gif

5 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:26am
post #2 of 6

i always make the one on the box of the cream cheese. but for my chocolate i always try something new mostly because i cant find one that taste good. they all come out bitter. i have a few recipes for candy bar cheesecake or this last chocolate one my best friend made it uses a brownie for the crust. She said is was very easy to make it doesnt tast bitter at all. do you want a basic cheese cake or a chocolate one??? i dont know if this trick works for all chocolate cheese cakes but what we finally did on this last one was instead of all semi sweet chocolate we used half milk chocolate and half semi sweet. it came out great.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 6

Hi Sheila. I love cheesecake too and have tried a few that I really enjoyed and have gotten rave reviews on. Here are a couple that I got from allrecipes.com.

Here is the chocolate one that I have made twice and we really enjoyed it. I didn't use the topping though because I used a whipped icing to decorate. http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/ChocolateCheesecakeII.asp

This is probably my favorite one, a white chocolate cheesecake with a white chocolate brandy sauce. I have made the sauce and also tried a few variations of it but again, you don't have to make it. (You can also just make half of it) http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/WCCWCBS.asp

I hope these can help, good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:25pm
post #4 of 6

sheila,
I'm a cheesecake fanatic and the best recipe I've found is on wilton's website. If you look up their cheesecake under wraps...it is soooo good. I made it 4th of July weekend and my grandmother (who never eats sweets) had 5 pieces !!!!

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:26pm
post #5 of 6

hi sheila

go on the food network...and type in cheesecakes
the one by tyler florence is really good
i've made it a couple of time
make sure you do use the bain marie-method

enjoy
ashiana

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 9:38pm