Our Wedding/bridal Shower/groom's Cakes...

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 13 Jul 2005 , 6:30am by flayvurdfun

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 2:59am
post #1 of 47

Hey Everyone,

I thought this might be a fun topic..... Everyone post their own wedding/bridal shower & groom's cakes!!! What do ya'll think? Just don't have your faces in them or I'll get in trouble w/ Jackie icon_wink.gif

My wedding was the 1st wedding I had ever been to!! No lie!! thumbs_up.gif I brought my wedding pics out after I decorated my 1st wedding cake for a friend. I was impressed w/ myself!! I can decorate better then that! (My head got all swollen up too icon_lol.gificon_eek.gif )

I never thought I would ever decorate cakes back then. 19 years later WOW... I'm doing it!!!

Can't wait to see everyone's wedding cakes!!

Here's mine...
LL
LL

46 replies
tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:02am
post #2 of 47

The cakes are a little blurry on CC. The wedding cake has got daisies & lattice work all over it. We got married in Japan. Misawa AFB, Japan~

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:07am
post #3 of 47

What a cute idea. It funny because at the time I just went to Publix and picked out a cake. Looking back now I can't believe I'm so picky about cakes! I'll have to find the picture.

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:13am
post #4 of 47

we didnt have a wedding cake. we got married at the JP then went to eat at tgi fridays. Sad i know.

tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:27am
post #5 of 47

That's not sad.. this is sad...

My parents had an open bar at our reception... DH & Dad along w/ all their friends got very drunk at the reception!!!! They packed my car full of the gifts we got. I mean packed from floor to the top of the car!!! When we tried to unload the gifts they just fell out of the car!!!

After we unloaded the car Dad begged us to go to his friends house for a few minutes. His friend had a computer... (not big back then as you know) Dad sat at that computer trying to make my DH a poster to frame... We were there 2 hours!!!! When Dad finally came out of the room where the computer was he had a pic frame in his hands. It said, "Welcome to the Withers (maiden name) Clan.... SON"

I couldn't be mad about that now could I? We still have it to this day! My Dad is a sweetheart!!

unforgetable2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unforgetable2u Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:28am
post #6 of 47

same with us susan except we went and ate at a local restaraunt on the water here... in fact 4 days after we were married i gave birth to our 2nd child :O

tcturtleshell Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:37am
post #7 of 47

LOL unforgetable2U!! What a blessing!!!

Peacock... I can't wait to see your pics!!

I got to get off here to decorate a cake for my family reunion. It starts tomorrow. I'll see ya'll back on here on Sunday. My family reunion starts tomorrow. It's a 5 day deal.

Post those pics ok~
Cya'll later~

susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:43am
post #8 of 47

well i wanted a small wedding my parents were married at the jp my inlaws were married at teh jp so my and dh thought why not. I couldnt see spending all that money on a wedding. After my cousin got married i had wished i had a bigger wedding. oh well when we hit 25 years we will renew our vows and i will have a real wedding then. lol

susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:45am
post #9 of 47

oh i dont feel so bad i was about 6 weeks preg when we got married. here in the bible belt i had alot of haters lol we had been together for 3 years before we got married.

unforgetable2u Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:13am
post #10 of 47

we were together for 4 years before we got married. we really didnt feel the need to get married but you know how parents can be icon_twisted.gif but we have been married now almost 16 years so its all good lol

susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:18am
post #11 of 47

lol well we just made it to 3 years on june 1st. We were going to get married before we actually did but i had gotten preg and then miscarried so i wsnt up for getting married.

unforgetable2u Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:22am
post #12 of 47

i am so sorry to hear about the miscarriage ... i have also had the misfortune of having a couple myself icon_cry.gif at least the marrige thing is working well icon_lol.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:37am
post #13 of 47

We got married 36 years ago in June. I was a mere 17. I'd forgotten I had swans on my cake until Tina and I were talking about our wedding cakes a while back. I can't say I remember too much detail about my cake. I was so caught up in all my family being there I don't think I paid much attention to the cake. Wow, what memories! I'll have to dig the pics out again.

susanmm23 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:49am
post #14 of 47

it happened in 2001 but every time that day rolls around i get upset. but hey i have a healthy boy now. so i am thankful for him plus my 2 step sons i have been taking care of for the past 6 years. I did have a slice of cheesecake that night lol should have taken a pic of it. lol hey look at my wedding slice of cheese cake boy i can see me doing that too

unforgetable2u Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:40pm
post #15 of 47

lol susan i always wanted a wedding too thats mainly why we are throwing a nice wedding for our daughter icon_lol.gif i may not be the bride but it will be just as wonderful thumbs_up.gif

kakesbyrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakesbyrobin Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 3:53pm
post #16 of 47

We were married by the jp as well,then went to a bar for dinner,and the regatta afterwards.

The end of July will make 23 years for us. icon_wink.gif

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:06pm
post #17 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

The cakes are a little blurry on CC. The wedding cake has got daisies & lattice work all over it. We got married in Japan. Misawa AFB, Japan~

Tina!! awesome awesome!! you did a great job!!
CONGRATS ON YOUR WEDDING!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:41pm
post #18 of 47

Our wedding cake was a sad, sad thing. It was a 1/4 sheet marble (made from a mix), plain icing with a shell border and single dropstrings around the cake. The only thing that really said "wedding" was the swan topper that was slowly sinking into the top of the cake.I will be doing our wedding cake next time when we renew our vows on our 10th anniversary.

noelcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noelcakes Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:00pm
post #19 of 47

What a great topic! My mom has been making wedding cakes my whole life, so of course she did our cakes when i got married...we just had our 1st anniversary in may! I wish i had more pictures of the cakes, but my mom didn't get to set the cake up, she could only drop them off at the reception site that morning and they put it together (long story....i grew up watching my parents set up wedding cakes and i was so upset they couldn't do mine). The only pics i have are from the photographer...i have the proofs on my comptuer (it has the photographers logo and "proof" watermark across it) but i am not sure if i can post it. I loved the cakes...they were so beautiful

sls0812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sls0812 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:15pm
post #20 of 47

I got my wedding cake from Market Basket and it had the coolwhip icing on there. It was pretty simple. I don't have a scanner or I would post it. We made 3 years on May 4th and have 2 little boys. I found out I was pregnant with my 1st 4 days before we got married and then had my 2nd little boy 14 1/2 months later. We will soon be trying for that girl, but thats it.

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:25pm
post #21 of 47

We took a horse and carriage (a good friend of mine) to the court house during the lunch rush on a Friday and my husband's aunt married us then on to Ruby Tuesday's. The whole town came out to watch us coming and going that day. We were dressed country western - me with a white dress, white cowboy boots and white cowboy hat and him with black jeans and cowboy boots and a nice western jacket with black yoke and hat. My friend hung a sign on the carriage that said "Just Hitched Y'all". We rented out the equestrian center that Saturday and had a big party - pit beef, pit ham, beer, etc. My mom used to do cakes and made mine. It was the ugliest thing. Why she used green and brown and orange, etc is beyond me. I guess it tasted good - all I ate was what was shoved into my mouth when my husband and I smeared each other with cake. We celebrated our 10th last September!

Debbie

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:27pm
post #22 of 47

This is so timely! I just dragged out my wedding album about a week ago to look at my wedding cake pics. I remember at the time being so impressed with my cake. Now I look at it, and compared to many of the cakes posted here, I think , eh, it's not too bad. LOL I'll have to hook up my scanner so I can post the pic. icon_smile.gif Great topic Tina!

brennafaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brennafaye Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:29pm
post #23 of 47

I am still looking for photos of my wedding cake. I think I may have a digital one somewhere but who knows. We had a beautiful one that had a fountain and staircases and just a few flowers. I am pretty sure we had lemon and strawberry cakes with just buttercream frosting and filling. We had a huge wedding (when thinking of our area and families) over 130 guests. It was great. When I started taking my Wilton Courses I went back and looked at the photos of the cake and realized that I could pick out errors with the cake. I guess from one cake decorator to another but I never noticed anything wrong as the bride. I showed up at the hall and it looked amazing and that was all that mattered to me.

I am able to officiant a wedding now here in Maine and I performed my sisters wedding. My mother and I transported the cake from an at-home baker to the site (over 150 miles) I think the cake looked better when we got done with it than when i picked it up. I really wish I had known early enough that we were not going to self cater it because I would have made her cake for her and it would have been ten times better. I feel really bad but once we were done with the flowers that we put on it, it looked beautiful. I will try to find pictures of both.

momof3jotynjake Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:29pm
post #24 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls0812

I got my wedding cake from Market Basket and it had the coolwhip icing on there. It was pretty simple. I don't have a scanner or I would post it. We made 3 years on May 4th and have 2 little boys. I found out I was pregnant with my 1st 4 days before we got married and then had my 2nd little boy 14 1/2 months later. We will soon be trying for that girl, but thats it.

LOL!! SLS!! we have 3 boys.. and are trying now!! ha ha!!!!!!!!!
have you heard of any tricks to that girl!!!!!!!!!

momof3jotynjake Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:30pm
post #25 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakemaker

We took a horse and carriage (a good friend of mine) to the court house during the lunch rush on a Friday and my husband's aunt married us then on to Ruby Tuesday's. The whole town came out to watch us coming and going that day. We were dressed country western - me with a white dress, white cowboy boots and white cowboy hat and him with black jeans and cowboy boots and a nice western jacket with black yoke and hat. My friend hung a sign on the carriage that said "Just Hitched Y'all". We rented out the equestrian center that Saturday and had a big party - pit beef, pit ham, beer, etc. My mom used to do cakes and made mine. It was the ugliest thing. Why she used green and brown and orange, etc is beyond me. I guess it tasted good - all I ate was what was shoved into my mouth when my husband and I smeared each other with cake. We celebrated our 10th last September!

wow debbie!! that sounds like a one of a kind wedding!!!
Debbie

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 5:40pm
post #26 of 47

It was momof3jotynjake! We did the customary dances, etc and then we changed and joined the party for the afternoon. My FIL was just starting to DJ so we had him set up for music and a dance instructor actually showed up for a little while and taught some line dances. Everyone Everyone had a great time!

Debbie

wandy27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wandy27 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 7:28pm
post #27 of 47

Is my pleasure to share my cake photos hopr you enjoy, we are a cake lovers family we have cake in all our sprecial occasions.
1. My 18th surprise birthday... theme cats I LOVE CATS (I'm 32 now icon_razz.gif )

2. My wedding cake... 28 dec. 1991 the wedding colors were pink and purple, it was a lovely outdoor wedding at 9:00 am, we served traditional breakfast.

3. Baby shower cake (for my 1st baby girl)a gift from my friends
I already have 4 girls

4. My oldest daughter's Little mermaid 1st birthday

5. My oldest daughter's 2nd dinosaurs birthday.

Wandy
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

melodyangel1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyangel1978 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 8:05pm
post #28 of 47

This is my wedding cake, which was also my first cake disaster! lol I was originally six tiers. but being the procrastinater that I am, I waited til the last minute to design my cake, and ended up not having the right number of plates that I needed and improvised. The end result was having a cake half the size! Oh well, it was still pretty! and it looked like it was supposed to be that way!
LL

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 8:16pm
post #29 of 47

I'm still looking for mine...then I'll post it. A gal from work made it for us as a gift!

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 8:41pm
post #30 of 47

Yay! I forgot that I had a few digital pics from our wedding on the computer. Found my cake (bought, not made by me), we've been married 6 years now. I did the flowers between the tiers myself. As you can see, I had no clue what I was doing! icon_lol.gif LOL As it ended up, I never even got a piece of this cake. I had one little bite that Bill put in my mouth. By time we made a round of the room visiting, the caterers took my cake from where I was sitting, and there was NO cake left over. Not even the top tier. Oh well. I'll make my own! icon_smile.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%