America's Next Top Model ....

Decorating By AmandaPanda Updated 13 Aug 2007 , 2:57am by AmandaPanda

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 12:32am
post #1 of 27

Not sure if anyone watches this but wish me luck .... I am going to an open casting call Next Sunday the 12th! We will see how it goes.

26 replies
Nadya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nadya Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 12:34am
post #2 of 27

Good Luck!!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 12:46am
post #3 of 27

Yes..I watched it last night!!!I hope you do really well!!!

AmandaPanda Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 12:48am
post #4 of 27

thanks! I have alwasy been told that I should be a model but had very low self confidence and was shy when I was younger but alwasy wanted to do it ... I was such a woosie ... now that I have matured I love myself and have a LOT of confidence and I figure I might as well start taking chances or I will never do anythign in life that I want to do.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 12:57am
post #5 of 27

Hey Baby...You got that right!!! I am 4Ft 11 inches so I will never be a model but hey...who cares I have 2 beautiful children and a man who loves me for me!!! Go get em!!!

AmandaPanda Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 1:07am
post #6 of 27

lol yeah I am 5'10 and have towered over people my whole life ... I need to use this blessing to my advantage .. I have 3 kids as well and just want to better our family because all we have ever done is struggle

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 1:14am
post #7 of 27

Congratulations..and good luck. I love that show!! Keep us posted....

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 1:24am
post #8 of 27

Wow...this has to be so exciting for you! Congratulations and please let us know how it goes!

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 4:21am
post #9 of 27

Oh WOW! I hope you make it!!!! You can fatten up the other contestants with special cakes you made just for them! hahaha!

Good luck!

AmandaPanda Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 4:48am
post #10 of 27

[quote="famousamous"]Oh WOW! I hope you make it!!!! You can fatten up the other contestants with special cakes you made just for them! quote]

Hey, how did you know my evil plan ..... so lol it DOES ask what my strategy is on the application guess that counts as my strategy right LOL

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 6:14am
post #11 of 27

AmandaPanda....I wish you the BEST of luck! My daughter and I love the show and have watched every single season! I'm 36 now....and MUCH "rounder" than I used to be! But, I'm also very tall and used to model for Wilhelmina Modeling Agency! It's lots of hard work and you definitely have the look and stature! Good luck...and we'll be watching!

AmandaPanda Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 6:31am
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo

AmandaPanda....I wish you the BEST of luck! My daughter and I love the show and have watched every single season! I'm 36 now....and MUCH "rounder" than I used to be! But, I'm also very tall and used to model for Wilhelmina Modeling Agency! It's lots of hard work and you definitely have the look and stature! Good luck...and we'll be watching!

thank you! I have seen that show about Wilhelmina ... they are BRUTAL lol I just think with them I would be called a "fat cow" if i ever walked into that place haha.

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 6:37am
post #13 of 27

l love the show and it would be great to "know" a contestant! Good luck!

biberbob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biberbob Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 6:59am
post #14 of 27

good luck I'll have to start watching if a fellow ccer is going to be on there.

jarjarmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jarjarmom Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 7:54am
post #15 of 27

WOW! Congratulations, that is so exciting....I will say a prayer for you. Then we can all say...."I knew that girl when she was just a caker!"

Tarabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tarabell Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 2:12pm
post #16 of 27

That's one of my favorite shows ever. Good luck, I really hope you make it!

Tara

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 2:25pm
post #17 of 27

WTG Amanda, Goodluck and Hope you get it...

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 3:16pm
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo

thank you! I have seen that show about Wilhelmina ... they are BRUTAL lol I just think with them I would be called a "fat cow" if i ever walked into that place haha.

They absolutely were BRUTAL! I didn't have much to worry about then though....I was 5'10" and a natural 115 pounds....but I was also only 17 years old! All the junk food and CAKES has caught up with me! My nickname was Twiggy in H.S.!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 12:53am
post #19 of 27

good luck at the auditions. I hope you get in.

Wow, 5'10" I can only imagine, I'm 5'2" (5'5" on a day with proper shoes!)

Brandonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandonsmommy Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 1:15am
post #20 of 27

I'm only 4'10" so you got me beat by a foot FOR REAL!!! icon_lol.gif Good Luck to you!! My neice watches it all the time!!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 7:32pm
post #21 of 27

115 and three kids.... wowowwwww isn't that a blessing, I weighed that in HS and couldn't be there if I tried now icon_smile.gif Good luck... your avatar is beautiful, I will look forward to it!

AmandaPanda Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 2:29am
post #22 of 27

Well, i didn't end up going. I ended up having some pretty bad marital problems saturday night which led to me crying all night and not getting any sleep so needless to say this morning I was in no shape to drive a couple hours plus home life isn't stable enough for me to justify trying out for something like this at this time ...... maybe next year. I still have 2 more years of eledgability lol.

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 2:41am
post #23 of 27

Sorry you didn't go icon_sad.gif Maybe next time?

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 2:44am
post #24 of 27

Oh, that's too bad..but looking at your avatar..if that is you, you have a very beautiful face! Maybe you should look into modeling while you are waiting for next season. maybe acting? You have that camera look. My kids are little actors and we are on the set all the time. You have that look to you! Well..good luck with whatever you decide!! icon_smile.gif

AmandaPanda Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 2:44am
post #25 of 27

yep I am making my calendar for next year.

JoJoMick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJoMick Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 2:55am
post #26 of 27

Keep your dreams, girl! I hope all works out okay with the marital problems . . . those can be rough. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. A committed marriage is not for the faint of heart (and with 25 years under our belt, I feel qualified to say so!!) Keep the faith, baby.

AmandaPanda Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 2:57am
post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellejoey

Oh, that's too bad..but looking at your avatar..if that is you, you have a very beautiful face!

yep, that is me ... and thank you ... I think I may have to look around and see what is out there here in Tennessee ... i haven't looked much into it, i had a couple scouts aproach me in the past (but they were those give us $500 for a portfolio places that just want to take you rmoney lol) but haven't really run with any of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%