Cake Show In Cincinnati

Decorating By ShariB Updated 18 Oct 2007 , 6:21pm by JacqueOH

ShariB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShariB Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 12

Hi everyone. I am happy to annouce that the Queen City Cake Decorating Club in Cincinnati, OH will be hosting a Cake and Sugar Art Show on March 7-9, 2008.

The show will be held at the Convention Center in downtown Cincinnati as part of the annual Home and Garden show. We have a great venue that will be indoors and climate controlled.

We invite anyone and everyone to enter. There will be 8 different categories to enter. Divisions will be Beginner to Professional. The categories will be Tiered, Any Ocassion/Novelty, Sculptured/3D, Garden Theme, Techniques Not on a Cake which includes Chocolate, Gumpaste, Cookies, and Other.

For more information, please feel free to go to our club website at www.geocities.com/qccakeclub. We have the information and entry forms, as well as pictures from our 2006 Confections in Bloom show.

If you require further information, please feel free to email us at [email protected].

ShariB

11 replies
barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 12

I just tried to click on your link and it said page not found icon_sad.gif

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 11:22pm
post #3 of 12

Try this:

http://www.geocities.com/qccakeclub/

or do a search on "queen city cake club" in yahoo. THat's how I found it. Hope to see you there.

ShariB Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 12

I am so sorry everyone, I think the http:// is needed before the www. Try this link.... http://www.geocities.com/qccakeclub/.

I copied and pasted exactly how its typed in the address field.

Thanks, Shari

tthardy78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tthardy78 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 4:56pm
post #5 of 12

Shari,

Glad to see this, this will be a great location. Will see you there!

Tasha

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 11:03pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks for the tip, I'm definately going to try to be there!
And, I loved the website, alot of neat pictures and ideas.

Barb

ShariB Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 1:34am
post #7 of 12

Thank you so much. Hope to see you all there. Shari

amberlee416 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberlee416 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:09pm
post #8 of 12

OK just so I get this right. I have read all the rules and things, but I cant figure out, is there a theme to this show? I know there is one category that is Garden, but what about the other categories?? Is there a theme for them?

ShariB Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:37am
post #9 of 12

There is no theme to this show. You have free will to be creative as you want. The only category that has a theme is the one Garden Theme. We have this category just to tie in with the Home and Garden Show with some of the entries.

Otherwise, the gates are open. The only restrictions are that the entries are tasteful of course, made by you and for this show, etc. (see rules).

Hope to see you at the show.

Shari

JacqueOH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JacqueOH Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 2:28pm
post #10 of 12

I got this information from Shari... exciting news!! Your cupcakes might be featured in an upcoming book!

As you know, the Queen City Cake Decorating Club of Cincinnati is hosting a Cake and Sugar Art show March 7-9, 2008. The show is being held at the downtown Cincinnati Convention Center as part of the annual Home and Garden Show.

We are happy to announce some wonderful news. Geraldine Kidwell, former ICES President, member of the ICES Hall of Fame, Author, and a judge of our past shows, has contracted with a publisher to put together her fourth book featuring a gallery of cupcake creations. Geraldine will be at our March show and will be looking at our Cupcake Category entries to possibly include in her upcoming book.

Geraldine is looking for submissions that feature winning cupcake entries from our show or other competitions as well as pictures showing other cute cupcake ideas (nothing copy written). Submissions can be mini or large cupcakes, of various shapes, or a combination of cupcakes making up one design.

She will be bringing an ICES photographer to our show in March to take pictures of our cupcake entries to be considered for the book. Anyone that has an entry accepted would be recognized in the book along with a picture of his or her creation. All entries will require a release form to be signed in order for it to be published. These release forms will be available at our show.

You may submit photos of any creations not entered in our show to Geraldine for consideration. All photos submitted will require the release of the creator as well as a release from the photographer of the submitted photo.

For more information about our show and for entry forms, please go to http://www.geocities.com/qccakeclub/ .

Please pass this information on to anyone that you think might be interested in this great opportunity. If you need further information or have any other questions, please feel free to contact either show chairpersons, Christine Clarke at [email protected] , or Shari Buchanan at [email protected] .

Shari Buchanan
Show Co-Chairperson

leasat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leasat Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 3:04pm
post #11 of 12

Does anyone know if this fills up early? Do they cut off registration? Deadline says Feb. but don't want to miss it, but also am still unsure about that weekend. Quandry!

JacqueOH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JacqueOH Posted 18 Oct 2007 , 6:21pm
post #12 of 12

Any and all entries are welcome. There's no such thing as filled up.

The entry deadline is Feb. 15, so that we can get the entrant cards (the ones that sit by the cakes), goodie bags, table layouts, etc. ready in time for the show. Plus, no doubt, we'll be scrambling to finish our own entries, lol.

Hope it works out for you leasat icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%