How Many Servings? What Would You Do?

Decorating By rigama Updated 3 Aug 2007 , 4:41pm by ccr03

rigama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rigama Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 3

I'm making a simple chocolate cake for a party on sunday and i can't decide if I want to do a 2 layer 1/4 sheet, a 2 layer round 10 inch or a 3 layer round 9 inch. I'm not a big fan of sheet cakes, but that would be the easiest. I'm partial to my 9in pans for some reason, but I'm not sure how many servings one layer will yeild. I need aprox. 30 servings total.

I know that a 2 layer 9in will give me 25, so I'm thinking I'll get another 12 out of an additional 9in, but that gives me too much cake. On the other hand a both the 1/4 sheet and the 10in will give me 32. But I just like my 9 in better! I think the extra height of the 9in will be wonderful, too.

Can you all help me make this decision???

2 replies
tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 3

a double 10" according to Earlene will give you exactly 30.. as much as I love the height of a 3 layer 9" how are you going to cut it? One person gets a 1 layer peice and the other gets a 2 layer piece? or everyone gets a 1 layer piece with no filling that just sounds like a mess to cut up to me..I think a double 10" will be much neater. Just my opinion but Im partial to my 10"

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 3

I would go with the additional 9in, even if you have some extra. Because according to your math, you would only have 7 extra serving and I always err on the side of having more rather than barely enough.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%