Fbct?

Decorating By dixiechick Updated 29 Sep 2006 , 2:08pm by mcalhoun

dixiechick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dixiechick Posted 29 Sep 2006 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 3

I am doing a baby showers cake with the clothsline theme with two round stacked cakes, the clothesline will be on the bottom layer of the outside of the cake I was wonderin could I do the little clothes out of FBCT they will be kinda of small and will they stick to the side of the cake and do they melt onto the cake once they thaw. Silly questions I know but Ive not tried any of these guess I should practice. The reason I was gonna do this instead of MMF is I cant find all the clothes cutouts I need for MMF. TIA

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 Sep 2006 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 3

I did one like that kinda and I just made the little clothes ahead of time out of royal icing, it worked out really well!!! When the cake was done I just stuck all the little clothes on the line I piped with bc.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=KHalstead&cat=0&pos=15

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 29 Sep 2006 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 3

I agree with KHalstead. You can do the FBCT but after you apply it to your cake and it thaws you will need to outline it in some way cause it will be a little taller than your cake.

KHalstead you cake is amazing!!! I cant wait to try something like this.
Melissa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%