Need Help With Cake Idea

Decorating By sls0812 Updated 7 Jul 2005 , 9:14pm by sls0812

sls0812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sls0812 Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 6

I got a request for a cake with a waterslide and swimming pool on it, and little kids everywhere. I am going to make it cartoon looking with the big waterslide and pool, but Im not quite sure how to do the kids. I don't want to make them out of fondant, I would rather just draw them on there. I would like to put some in the pool, one or two going down the slide and some standing around the pool.
Any ideas? Thanks!

5 replies
brennafaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brennafaye Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 6

If you wanted 3 dimensional I would think you would have to use buttercream or royal icing or if you want just flat ones you could just do like stick figures on it. I saw a cake with stick figures one time that looked kind of cute. A buttercream that crusts can be used for figure piping I would think you would just have to have the right shapes on the parts to put against the cake. Sounds like a cute idea.

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 6

you could use candy clay. there is a recipe for it on cc.

melze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melze Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 6

If you want it still to be 3-dimensional- you could use tiny little dolls. I have seen this done before- and you can still get the cartoon look. I dont know where you would be able to purchase them- but they are like less trhan 5cm tall. You just pipe on bathing costumes- and use fruity lolly rings or other lollies for floaties etc. dont know if this helps, but its just an idea
mel

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 9:12pm
post #5 of 6

I've seen people use teddy grahams before and those are cute.. they made snorkel's on one and was really cute icon_smile.gif

sls0812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sls0812 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 9:14pm
post #6 of 6

I have decided not to do kids in the pool. I am just going to put 2 kids going down the waterslide, put some gumballs in the pool, and do some stick figure kids playing around the pool. Thanks for you help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%