Suggestions Please....

Business By midgit1205 Updated 10 Oct 2006 , 4:27am by patticakesnc

midgit1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midgit1205 Posted 29 Sep 2006 , 2:22am
post #1 of 26

Ok my fellow CCers. I have been struggling with this for about 2 mos and can't seem to come up with one on my own. Would anyone be willing to help develop a business name? I am wanting to do custom cakes (naturally) and catering. I live in MT, so I am not a gourmet cook, just simple down home food. I am trying to come up with something light and fun that doesn't sound so expensive that only the elite can afford me. Ideally, I would like to incorporate daisies and ladybugs into my logo as these are two of my very favorite things. If you are willing, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. icon_biggrin.gif

25 replies
KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 29 Sep 2006 , 2:27am
post #2 of 26

Daisies Delights. First thing that came to mind. K'ly ^,,^

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 29 Sep 2006 , 2:31am
post #3 of 26

what's ur name, kids name--do u want to use that??

here's just a few

Cake's Naturally
The Natural Ladybug--Cakes & Catering
Natural Sweetness

do a cake with daisies & ladybugs & use it w/ur logo

JMama3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JMama3 Posted 29 Sep 2006 , 2:33am
post #4 of 26

detective.gif
Perennial,that word comes to mind.Ya know meaning comes back(every year).Like a Daisy!This is going to be fun to watch ...If I can think of an actuall name,slogan,I'll jot it down for you ..Good luck...J

midgit1205 Posted 29 Sep 2006 , 2:36am
post #5 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonam

what's ur name, kids name--do u want to use that??

here's just a few

Cake's Naturally
The Natural Ladybug--Cakes & Catering
Natural Sweetness

do a cake with daisies & ladybugs & use it w/ur logo

Oops - forget to tell you that my name is Janeil. I don't have any children yet, but since my first name is unusual, I had considered using my middle name, Eva (long e short a). It was my great-grandmothers name so I thought that would be nice too.

Thanks again for all the suggestions!!

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 29 Sep 2006 , 2:51am
post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgit1205

Ok my fellow CCers. I have been struggling with this for about 2 mos and can't seem to come up with one on my own. Would anyone be willing to help develop a business name? I am wanting to do custom cakes (naturally) and catering. I live in MT, so I am not a gourmet cook, just simple down home food. I am trying to come up with something light and fun that doesn't sound so expensive that only the elite can afford me. Ideally, I would like to incorporate daisies and ladybugs into my logo as these are two of my very favorite things. If you are willing, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. icon_biggrin.gif

Namewise, it sounds like something simple would be what you are needing to speak for you...like.....

Eva's Catering

with maybe a subline in smaller italicized font of

Specializing in custom cakes.

The logo could be a simple daisy head with a lady bug on it with a swirl of buttercream around it from under the centre as a subtle visual punctuation of cake decorating. I wish I could draw what's in my head but I'm artistically challenged lol.

midgit1205 Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 2:29pm
post #7 of 26

Thanks to all for the great suggestions!!! I am going to give myself a bump to see if I can get any others!! You are all wonderful!!!

Janeil

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 2:38pm
post #8 of 26

Simply Eva
Naturally Eva
Country Cakes
Simply Sweet Eva

Sorry - just throwing them out there!

My business name came from something I say all the time - like a little catch phrase. Everytime someone would say something about calories or fat content - I'd say you gotta live Fat and Happy - Life's too short!

Good luck!!!

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 2:43pm
post #9 of 26

How about...
Natures Cakes
Eva's Natures Creations
Made Naturally by Eva
Eva's Creations
Big Sky Creations--(montana)

Good luck and hope you find something that fits you.
Your Idaho neighbor...

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 10:53pm
post #10 of 26

My daughter and I use the name Ladybug Cakes, but we aren't a "real bakerey". We just sign all our desserts with a ladybug...on the back if it doesn't go with the design.
You are certainly welcome to the name if you like, since we live in Ca. and can't sell anything baked from our home.

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 1:04am
post #11 of 26

How about...Eva's Delights......Eva's Devine Delights......Eva's homemade delights.......Simply Delicious...

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 1:18am
post #12 of 26

'Best Cakes Eva'..... gotta little accent goin' on icon_lol.gif

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 2:26am
post #13 of 26

how about this--

EVA'S
Cakes, Devine Creations & Catering

i wasn't sure if you meant shasta or gerbera daisies, of course there has to be cuter clip art out there thumbs_up.gif-- oh well it won't attach, PM me ur e-mail address & i'll send it to u.

zaazzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zaazzy Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 2:59am
post #14 of 26

Hello
Got this little piece of info of the internet while surfing hope it assist you with choosing a name.
Choosing a Name for your Business
Your name should suggest conservatism and financial stability.
The name should suggest twentieth century and not twenty-first or twenty-second.
Your name must evoke the image of stability, simplicity, and longevity.
Since a new venture is radical enogh, its name should not contribute further to this image.
Use the name to counterbalance the inherent stability of your venture.
The current trend toward catchy corporate names will only highlight your conservatism and contribute to your cause.
Customers, bankers and creditors want to know that they"re dealing with a solid form and not a high flier.
Single syllable name is usually the best.
It should be simple, spellable, memorable, have dignity and not be catchy or faddish.
Your name is their first impression, make it work for and not against you.

ALL THE BEST

Spoondog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spoondog Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 3:16am
post #15 of 26

How about...

Eva's Edibles
Perennial Pastries

Just 2 that came to mind! Hope they help!

~Aimee

keriskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keriskreations Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 3:27am
post #16 of 26

Spoondog and I are on the same page, I was going to suggest Eva's Edibles as well. icon_razz.gif

You could use a daisy with a ladybug on it for your logo. Or, you could keep even more simple and use Eva's Cakes and Catering.

Keep us posted on what you decide on! icon_biggrin.gif

JMama3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JMama3 Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 5:20pm
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

'Best Cakes Eva'..... gotta little accent goin' on icon_lol.gif

CUte!!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 5:30pm
post #18 of 26

Country Cakes and Catering

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 5:39pm
post #19 of 26

Eva's natural creations & catering

When I was younger I knew a little girl named Eva Celeste. Beautiful name(EVA)

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 5:39pm
post #20 of 26

What about "Eva's Eats"? Your logo can be of a lady swathed in daisys with a lady bug incorporated somehow..... kind of a play on Adam and Eve, only instead of an apple in her hand, a piece of cake.

midgit1205 Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 6:52pm
post #21 of 26

To everyone - THANK YOU for taking the time to help me with this. You have all given me so many ideas to work with and choose from. I am having a hard time because I like so many of them!!! I think I need to start several businesses, so that I can use them!! Now, if only I could win the lottery. . . . .

momnzoes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momnzoes Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 8:20pm
post #22 of 26

Hey, neighbor- I'm from Laurel! Small world, this intenet. I live in Florida now icon_cry.gif but I'll come home someday, so maybe you can hire me then!

In the meantime-- how about Daisy Cakes, Eva's Daisy Cakes. That's all I can think of right now.

midgit1205 Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 8:32pm
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by momnzoes

Hey, neighbor- I'm from Laurel! Small world, this intenet. I live in Florida now icon_cry.gif but I'll come home someday, so maybe you can hire me then!

In the meantime-- how about Daisy Cakes, Eva's Daisy Cakes. That's all I can think of right now.

WOW icon_eek.gif - I grew up in Laurel. Graduated in 1997. This really is a small world. Have you been gone long?

midgit1205 Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:05am
post #24 of 26

Justing testing to see if my ticker is working

luv2giggls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2giggls Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:21am
post #25 of 26

How bout~~~~~>

Special Cakes, For Any Special Daisies!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:27am
post #26 of 26