Calling All Young Cake Decorators!

Decorating By Daisys_Cakes Updated 19 Aug 2007 , 10:56pm by DecoratorJen

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 37

Hi!

I am new to cake central and I was wondering who else my age was a member (I am 14). I thought it would be cool to see how other people my age are decorating cakes. I'd love to see your cakes!

Your friend in cake decorating!
Deborah icon_biggrin.gif

36 replies
Cassie1686 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cassie1686 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 5:38am
post #2 of 37

Good for you Deborah!! I am 20 but I have a feeling both you and I are in the minority here . . . it's ok you will fit right in!!

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 7:04am
post #3 of 37

Nice to see younger people intersted in cake decorating. I am sorry to say that i'm not your age, but just wanted to say that I started decorating when I was 10 years old. Wish I had this site back then.

Keep up the great work Deborah. Your pictures are wonderful.

Daisys_Cakes Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 37

Your cakes are soooo pretty Cassie1686! They make me want to take Wilton three(I just took course two months ago!)!

wildflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflower Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 10:23pm
post #5 of 37

hi deborah!im 18 so somewhat close to your age,but i did take my first wilton class when i was about 15 i think?anyways its great to see someone close to my age here!now imma go check out ur cake picsicon_smile.gif

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 2:59am
post #6 of 37

Hello, Deborah. I am a newbie, too, but have been decorating since '91. (My Girl Scout troop is all HS girls 10-12 grades) By looking at your cakes I can say that you will be making a lot of money making cakes for friends in High School. What a great way to earn extra $$.

Keep up the good work. thumbs_up.gif

Sandy

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 3:00am
post #7 of 37

Hello, Deborah. I am a newbie, too, but have been decorating since '91. (My Girl Scout troop is all HS girls 10-12 grades) By looking at your cakes I can say that you will be making a lot of money making cakes for friends in High School. What a great way to earn extra $$.

Keep up the good work. thumbs_up.gif

Sandy

Daisys_Cakes Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 7:37pm
post #8 of 37

Still looking for people near my age...I know your out there and I hope you see this thread!

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 3:08pm
post #9 of 37

I just wanted to say that I think It's wonderful that there are younger people out there with a passion for the art of cakes. I am not young like yourself, but I started cake decorating at the age of 14 too. I became interested in the art at the age of 13. That was 32 years ago! I have one picture of a cake I did way back then that my mother took. Good luck with all your decorating!!!!

sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 3:44pm
post #10 of 37

I'm 18, and I haven't really started decorating much but I hope to in the near future. I have only decorated one cake, and I LOVE to bake cakes. My dad gets on to me every time I bake one because "we don't need that many sweets around."

azeboi2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azeboi2005 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 3:52pm
post #11 of 37

hey yal...it think it's amazing that so many people are starting out young. i'm 24 and have been baking since i was 10 or so. i love what i do, and am thrilled that caking is becoming more and more popular. wtg thumbs_up.gif ! if there is anything i could do to help yal out don't hesitate to ask!!

chris

kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 3:55pm
post #12 of 37

im 21 icon_smile.gif

kayla1505 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:00pm
post #13 of 37

im 21 icon_smile.gif

PRcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PRcakes Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:00pm
post #14 of 37

tuesday was my 21st Birthday!
Kayla1505, r u a belly dancer?? I am too!!!!!

PRcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PRcakes Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:00pm
post #15 of 37

melissa043 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissa043 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:01pm
post #16 of 37

Hey everyone! I'm 24 and have always been interested in cake decorating. My mom use to make all the cakes for family events and friends. I would always make the BC roses for her. But i just started making cakes last august(finally have a reason to make them). I havent taken any courses or anything, so what i learn is here on CC! But i love it and think its so much fun!

jreimer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jreimer Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:08pm
post #17 of 37

well - i'm going to try and fit in here - I'm 25. I just started decorating not quite a year ago - I wish I could say I started when I was 14... that would be awesome. Your cakes are cute Deborah - don't ever stop - you'll be awesome!

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:10pm
post #18 of 37

I'm 28... lol I started baking cakes when I was 8ish and started really getting into decorating 2 years ago... my daughter is 8 and she helps do some decorating but I don't have any pics of her cakes currently...

Good luck to you all!

CharMarBoBar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharMarBoBar Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:17pm
post #19 of 37

I'm also 28...but just started to get really interested in decorating. Have not yet taken any courses...Wilton is not offered anywhere near where I am...but I may be taking one a bakery offered in September! I'm excited! And CC is invaluable for what you can learn here!

kayla1505 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:28pm
post #20 of 37

yes i am, for the past 3 years now. i love it icon_smile.gif

kayla1505 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:30pm
post #21 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRcakes

yes i am, for the past 3 years now. i love it icon_smile.gif

Horselady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Horselady Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:35pm
post #22 of 37

I'm 25....Started decorating seriously last Dec. But I took it in 4-H at like 12ish....lol...but never kept up until recently!

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:39pm
post #23 of 37

I want to place my hand in as another 28 year old! I started seriously decorating about four months ago. Before that I would just bake a cake and slap some frosting on it...that's where the desire to take the Wilton courses came from...I wanted to be able to make lettering that you could READ and flowers that were more then shapeless blobs! Now, I'm completely obsessed, and I'm probably going to take a bakery position that I was offered yesterday so I can throw away my mundane retail job (even though it means a pay cut) icon_biggrin.gif!

gia2088 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gia2088 Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:39pm
post #24 of 37

Hi everyone!! I'm 27 and have always loved to bake. I have always known that I wanted to do something artistic, but couldn't find the right medium. About 4 months ago i was walking around A.C. Moore and saw they were offering wilton classes. I have been hooked ever since. And I'm totally obsessed w/ CC. Thanks to everyone for their great tips and advice.
Angie

DCHall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DCHall Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:43pm
post #25 of 37

I too am 27. I love baking and mostly made candy and cookies until recently. I wanted to make a cake for my daughter's 1st birthday. That's when I stumled across CC. I've been hooked ever since!

redrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redrose Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:45pm
post #26 of 37

Hey I am by far your age, but my daughter just turned 11 years old and she took all 3 of the wilton courses. Her cakes are posted on my web site.

ghghgh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ghghgh Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 4:55pm
post #27 of 37

I am 25 and I have only been decorating cakes since Feb of this year. I am self taught, I hve read alot of books. You will be great some day. The best thing to do is read lots of instructional books and practice. Good Luck thumbs_up.gif

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 5:00pm
post #28 of 37

Hey Daisy1993. I am no where near your age but my daughter is mem1995 on CC and she will be 12 next month. She tool the wilton course 1 and starte course two but it started cutting into her social life so she wanted to take a break. She came to me the other day and told me she ready to start again so I will have to sign her up. She did a few cakes and posted her pics. I can't wait to see all your cakes!
Welcome aboard! icon_biggrin.gif

Chani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chani Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 5:22pm
post #29 of 37

Hi Deborah,

I'm a newbie and I'm 12. Trust me if you ever and I mean EVER, need help.you can come to this site.It's the best! thumbs_up.gif

Chani

Daisys_Cakes Posted 9 Aug 2007 , 7:52pm
post #30 of 37

Wow! When I said that I was still was hoping for people to respond I did not expect to get 26 replies! I thought I would get maybe one... so when I saw 26 I was like geeze Louise what happened! Anyway it is sooo cool to see all these people who are young and share my hobby! Thanks so much for responding and I hope to have a chance to check out all your pics!

Deborah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%