Brushed Embroidery

Decorating By darcat Updated 29 Sep 2006 , 1:12am by Derby

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 13

I saw someone talking on here the other day about brushed embroidery can someone pls tell me what it is and how do you do it pls? I looked at the pics and it is beautiful

12 replies
kris2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris2005 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 13

Bump I'd like to know

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 13

here is a nice tutuorial for the basics

http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/brush.cfm

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 7:40pm
post #4 of 13

I did brush embroidery on my neices birthday cake .. it is in my photos .. its not perfect but it was my first time other then class doing it .. I added sugar crystals to the center ..

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 7:41pm
post #5 of 13

All it is another technique. You can use butter cream and make a flower for instants. Then you take a soft brush with some water and pull the butter cream towards the center. I did it on my class 3 final cake which is on my icon. Very simple and very pretty effect. I tried looking on Wilton but could not find it. Good Luck and happy decorating!!

rayven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rayven Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 7:52pm
post #6 of 13

I just tried brushed embroidery on a wedding cake for the first time this last weekend. It was so fun dong it and I can't wait to do it again! I just did the leaves in that technique and added royal icing flowers. Everyone at the wedding was stunned that I could do such a cake! It made me happy!

Rhonda

Mjmil7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mjmil7 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 13

Oh I just love the look of brushed embroidery! I recently tried it for the first time on a pink flip flop cake (in my photos). One thing I'll do differently next time is to use a #1 tip to outline instead of a #2. I think a #2 tip was just too thick and I had a hard time getting the frosting pulled out.

Thanks, Janice

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 8:07pm
post #8 of 13

I also have on in my photos that was done on a fondant cake. I think it is very pretty.

cakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerator Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 8:31pm
post #9 of 13

i also just tried it for the first time recently (hawaiian shirt in my photos).

i love the look of brush embroidery on all sorts of cakes. i've seen it on some beautiful wedding cakes.
you get such nice results for a fairly simple technique.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 8:32pm
post #10 of 13

you really must try it........it's a ton of fun....so easy to do and looks spectacular even if you don't know what you're doing trust me (experience lol) here is one I did recently, it was just for fun so I didn't have an actual plan for the type or placement of the flowers...just kinda went with it!!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=KHalstead&cat=0&pos=4

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 10:00pm
post #11 of 13

Thanks everyone I really have to give this a try lol and Khalstead ty it was your cake that I saw the pic of and really loved it. Sorry I couldnt remember whos cake it was icon_redface.gif lol (sigh i'm getting old) lol memory is going icon_cry.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 11:16pm
post #12 of 13

If you go to the Today Show Wedding Cake thread one of the four winners has brushed embroider, it is beautiful. Janice

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 29 Sep 2006 , 1:12am
post #13 of 13

I love the look of this technique and I can't wait to try it out!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%