How Many Cookie Cutters Do You Have?

Baking By southaustingirl Updated 29 Jan 2007 , 1:00pm by cookiecreations

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 2:27am
post #31 of 45

Sorry, can't help you with the mysterious cutter but I can provide a link to Simons Cutters. Really nice but the prices are just out of this world!

www.simonscookiecutters.com

Fairytale has some nice cookies in the gallery that look like they came from Simons. I wish I could do cookies like that! LOL icon_rolleyes.gif

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 3:58am
post #32 of 45

Hundreds!!! Don't really have a favorite. The most I have paid is 5.00.

MaryJanesGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryJanesGoodies Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 5:09pm
post #33 of 45

icon_biggrin.gif Fairy tale is my friend Jan who had the Simon's cutter named after her! I didn't realize that she was on here!!!! She is very talented!!!

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 5:24pm
post #34 of 45

M.J. How sweet. Your making me blush. I had no idea you had that many cutters. I have about 250. About 1/4 are copper. Of couse Simon's are my favorite. The below cutter was the one they named after me. If you look at his web site, the decorated cookies are mine. The most I ever paid for a cutter was $150. GIANT RABBIT. Bought the companion rabbit too. (They weren't made by Simons). Couldn't believe my DH let me do it. My favorite is my polar bear cutter with the fish suitcase. My most unusual is probably my pencil.
LL

ngarza07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngarza07 Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 3:17pm
post #35 of 45

Southaustingirl,

I believe your mystery cutter is a skull and crossbones. I bought the 40 piece set a couple of weeks ago and love the combination of cutters. It was such a steal - especially with a coupon.

Yomomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yomomma Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 6:07pm
post #36 of 45

Hundreds! If I were to count them (and I actually find out how many I have) I'd lay a guilt trip on myself the next time I want to buy any.

An organize freak friend decided she needed to organize my cookie cutters and bought 7 of those clear plastic three drawer "chests" and labeled each drawer according to theme. Some are too big and are in different storage boxes.

My favorites are the copper ones - can't choose though - it would be like choosing a favorite child!

MaryJanesGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryJanesGoodies Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 3:49pm
post #37 of 45

Jan...you might have 250 but they are most-likely worth more than mine!!! LOL!

I need an "organize freak friend" where can I find one of those?

I missed that Halloween cutter set at Michael's!!! I am so bummed! I love the mini's for fondant!

Happy Fall!!! thumbs_up.gif

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 4:19pm
post #38 of 45

[quote="aobodessa"][quote="yankeegal"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJanesGoodies

I have 1400 cookie cutters!icon_biggrin.gif I know a lady that has over 39,000. She is Joyce Moorhouse....her husband Al Moorhouse makes them too. He started because she collects them. The most I have paid is $19.00 for one. If I was made of money I would buy Simon's Cutters which can be around $90.00. My friend Jan just had his elf one named after her!!!! Making cookies today by the way!!!

So funny...I actually use the old line "oh ..I've had that one forever" on my husband whenever he spys a new cookie cutter. I just love finding odd ball shapes and wish I could get my hands on international ones!

aobodessa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aobodessa Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 5:59pm
post #39 of 45

[quote="Dizzymaiden"][quote="aobodessa"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJanesGoodies

I have 1400 cookie cutters!icon_biggrin.gif I know a lady that has over 39,000. She is Joyce Moorhouse....her husband Al Moorhouse makes them too. He started because she collects them. The most I have paid is $19.00 for one. If I was made of money I would buy Simon's Cutters which can be around $90.00. My friend Jan just had his elf one named after her!!!! Making cookies today by the way!!!

So funny...I actually use the old line "oh ..I've had that one forever" on my husband whenever he spys a new cookie cutter. I just love finding odd ball shapes and wish I could get my hands on international ones!

I'm with you! That's actually one of MY favorite lines, too!!!!! ("what do you mean, you've never seen it before? I've worked with this one!" or "I bought it for an order, but then never did use it, but I just don't remember why"!)

icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 5:09pm
post #40 of 45

I only have about 200, but I liquidated the stock before Christmas... I originally had about 600 plastic/metal cutters. I've since been into copper cutters, because I've been so fed up with plastic ones. I think they are cheap in price, but it gets frustrating when you have a million cutters in one place and they bend... soon enough one of the angels morphs into an unidentifiable shape... I look at it and try to bend it back into shape but it ends up looking worse than it did before!

Does anyone else have trouble with plastic cutters? I dont like how thin they are, and it's SO easy for them to get stuck! icon_cry.gif

I've since found copper cookie cutters to be worth it. Yes they are expensive but they dont bend quite easily and they last a LONG time.

I have a little cookie business here in town and it just seems easier to buy copper cutters rather than plastic. As for Simons cutters, the prices are a little steep, but they also have them on Ebay. I've read somewhere that they do custom cutters. I'm thinking about scooping up a custom logo someday from them.

J-

zoomitoons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomitoons Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 5:22pm
post #41 of 45

i have no idea how many i have now, we had a house fire a few years ago and luckily most of my cookie cutters and cake stuff survived since it was in a storage room that only got water damage.
at that time i had over 500 cookie cutters, since then a lot of friends and family have found them for me and didn't realize i had not lost them so i can honestly say i do not have a clue how many i have now. probably close to 800 if i had to guess, very few are repeats also. if i get a repeat i will usually give it to someone who i know bakes cookies.
not sure of my favorite though

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 6:41pm
post #42 of 45

wow my DH will be happy to know i only have about 200. he thinks it feel like a lot more. i have a lot of designs that i just laminated the pictures and use to cut out by hand..maybe another 200 there. i love the copper onsie too. i found that making butter cookies as opposed to sugar cookies, my cookies keep thier shapes better. COOKIES are the best!!!!

mitsel8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mitsel8 Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 7:57pm
post #43 of 45

Southaustingirl,
I have the wilton Halloween cutters also, is the cutter in question a spider?

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 10:33am
post #44 of 45

I probably have about 50 and I don't even make cookies that often! Mostly, mine are holiday only - Valentine's, St. Pat's day, Easter/Spring, Halloween, Fall, and Christmas/Winter.... and I have a couple baby shapes for a "surprise" way to announce a pregnancy at work, which I never used as we found out we were pregnant right after we moved cross country and I wasn't working!

I too am finding that metal cutters are too pliant and lose their shape too easy. I have some pretty funny looking gingerbread people!!!

melissa

cookiecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiecreations Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 1:00pm
post #45 of 45

I was going to try and count my cookie cutters but I have WAY TOO many icon_biggrin.gif . I would say it's in the 1,000's. They're all organized by theme in clear zip bags and stored in a bunch of 25 gal tubs plus in a few of those clear 3 door chests and I have baskets of the ones that I use the most often. The process alone took me two days and I'm so glad I did it! As many as I may have I still know what I have and only once bought an identical one. I'm always searching for new ones and anything different. If I can't find a particular shape that I need, I have my dad make one for me.

My favorite are the copper ones and I'm slowly replacing my most used cutters with copper ones. I don't think I have a favorite since everytime I pull out a theme those are immediatley my favorite again icon_lol.gif I actually have a HUGE list of cutters that I want. As soon as I cross some off the list I end up adding more. Vicious cycle!! icon_razz.gif The most I've paid was $12.99 for a big copper one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%