What Goes Good With Red Velvet Cake???

Decorating By arahsa Updated 2 Aug 2007 , 4:33pm by arahsa

arahsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arahsa Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 10

My sister has decited that she wants two of her four teirs Red Velvet. The Top teir and the third Teir. She does not know what would be a good flavor to go with that. Any Suggestions????? THANKS GUYS! icon_lol.gif

9 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 10

Are you looking for other cake flavors for the other tiers?
Or are you looking for icing flavors?
Or are you looking for Filling flavors?

As for tiers, whatever she wants to serve is what she should get, the cake flavors dont' have to match, you won't be putting the two flavors on a plate for the guest to eat together.

Icing, My favorite is mary kay icing, but others swear by cream cheese

Filling, For red velvet you could do a chocolate of some sort, but I prefer whatever it is iced in.

Scrumptious Creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scrumptious Creations Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 10

The tradition way to serve red velvet cake it with a cream cheese filling. I work at a bakery and we fill with cream cheese add chocolate sprinkles to the side walls and a rosette of chocolate buttercream on top on the cake.

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:26am
post #4 of 10

Cheese cake mouse is another great one.

Liz1028 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liz1028 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:32am
post #5 of 10

Cream cheese or bavarian cream both go great with red velvet cake. I also like to make either one into a mousse. It makes is much lighter and it compliments the cake while making the cake flavor the focal point.

sbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sbcakes Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:34am
post #6 of 10

Cream Cheese or a white choc. mousse....yum!

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:42am
post #7 of 10

I had a bride choose oreo filling and got a lot of good feedback. didn't sound like something i'd want, but people liked it.

havingfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
havingfun Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:47am
post #8 of 10

the crusting cream cheese icing on this site is very good. Just wanted to add a funny: my nephew wanted to have red velvet for his wedding cake -so I made one with the cream cheese. He and his lovely bride to be, came over and I cut the cake. Welllllll, when you cut the cake, it makes crumbs that pull through the icing. That was not going to be alright with him - he did not like the "messy cut" it made! icon_confused.gif I told him I did not think the person cutting his cake would wipe the knife after every cut icon_lol.gif !!!! Well, needless to say, he is not having red velvet. I told him most people talk about "bridezilla" - if I was not the aunt, he would be the groom from H*** in most people's books icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Torte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Torte Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 1:59am
post #9 of 10

I made this two weeks ago and I tried one with custard and one with a strawberry buttercream, both worked really nice together.

arahsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arahsa Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 4:33pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks guys for all the advise. I will let her know!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%