Left Over Halloween Candy???

Decorating By jovigirl Updated 4 Oct 2006 , 6:13pm by jovigirl

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone!

Does anyone have any good ideas for left over halloween candy weather it be chocolate or the hard candy... I normally buy way to much & I have 2 small girls & as we all know the little ones always get more candy.... icon_wink.gif I try to use some of it for the gingerbread house at Christmas but it's just not enough....
Any ideas would be aprreciated!!!

7 replies
debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 8

I can just tell you what we do here..... our local schools donate extra candy to a homeless shelter. The day after Halloween we take all the extra candy (including the candy we pilfer from the kids' bags) and drop it off to the office. The shelter (called His House) comes by and picks up the candy and distributes the candy in two ways... the Halloween candy is given in food boxes and the other candy is held and distributed throughout the year.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 8

well, I know that milky ways and other soft candy bars...reese's cups are great to stuff a chunk in the middle of cupcake batter before you bake them....yummy surprise........but then you probably meant a way to use it so that you WEREN'T eating it uh????

maxiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maxiecakes Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 8

we love the left over candy, all the chocolate goes into cake balls, the taffy is made into roses and frozen, and all the hard candy decorates the gingerbread houses for christmas. we have quite a little town and it grows by 4 houses every year.

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 5:56am
post #5 of 8

The hard candy like lifesavers or peppermints for example can be made into tree ornaments. Arrange them in whatever shape and bake on 325 for just a few minutes until melted. I lost my recipe for this but I just watch until they are melted. Then use a straw or something like that to poke a hole in the top one for the string.

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 6:43am
post #6 of 8

Hi! I always save mine for gingerbread houses with my kids! It's our tradition every Nov. It lasts forever! What is so great about Halloween leftovers is that there is always such a wide variety of candy. Their gingerbread houses are never plain.

If you have a birthday to celebrate in Nov. or Dec. Leftover Halloween candy will keep to put in their pinatas. I often buy clearance candy for that purpose.

cmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmmom Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 6:55am
post #7 of 8

We make gingerbread houses. After two days of eating the Halloween candy, I freeze the remaining candy and when it is time to make gingerbread houses in Dec., I defrost and the kids can eat the candy while making their cool houses. Always a hit !

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 6:13pm
post #8 of 8

Wow!! Thanks for all the great ideas!!! I will be definitely be trying the cupcake idea icon_biggrin.gif I just may make my own pinata this year as my birthday does fall in Dec.... I'm sure the adults will love to give it a try!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%