Frosting Sheets From Sam's Club

Decorating By fat-sissy Updated 7 Aug 2007 , 10:00am by blessBeckysbaking

justme50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme50 Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 11:46pm
post #31 of 50

That's pretty much the way Wal Mart is. You can't get them to sell you anything out of their bakery.

However, if your Sams is telling you they can't sell you their bakery items (including anything they sell at the snack bar) you really should double check because I think you may just be getting hold of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

If Sams and WalMart are anything, they are consistent about policies nationwide. If one will do it, they all should.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 2:14am
post #32 of 50

Sam's won't sell you just one image or just one cake dome or just one box or just one of anything unless it's just one whole case or case pack.

and they don't sell everything....they don't sell icing gels, poptops, cupcake picks or some seasonal items....like their lemon cake layers and raspberry layers.

they do have gumpaste sprays that run 8.96 for 4 sprays. they have to be purchased as one variety box...no saying, "I want 4 pink ones please" you have to purchase a closed box of 4 which means the variety.

blank edible image sheets are sold by the package of 24 only...not singley(?)

they order 3 times a week...the order has to be placed by 1p.m.. If it gets ordered monday, it'll arrive wednesday....allow enough time for product to be down stacked before marching in there to get it. If you need it by a certain time, make sure you mention that to the person who takes your order. Not all Sam's clubs require you to preorder. For packaging, Bunzl orders arrive on Fridays normally, no particular time...just Friday. Best bet is to speak with the team leader and cross your fingers that there is one and that they're not new at it.

missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 2:46am
post #33 of 50

thanks for the information all4cake. the sprays you mentioned.. are they a particular type of flower or just whatever is in the box...

all4cake Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 2:58am
post #34 of 50

Have you ever seen their custom/elegant inspiration cakes?

4 sprays in box:
1 lavendar orchid
1 white w/peach accents frangipani
1 pink iris looking
1 large multi colored w/peach roses and buds

this is what is in the box
http://cakedeco.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=7975&p_catid=94&page=23

missnnaction Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 3:03am
post #35 of 50

o.k... Thanks..icon_smile.gif

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 3:22am
post #36 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

this is what is in the box
http://cakedeco.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=7975&p_catid=94&page=23

All4cake,

Does this website directly to the public?

missnnaction Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 3:30am
post #37 of 50

twooten173, they do... with a $50 min. purchase

MomoTyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomoTyty Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 3:44am
post #38 of 50

This is just great, thanks for such useful information everyone! Could you tell me approx. how many cakes the Sam's buttercream would frost?
Thanks!

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 3:51am
post #39 of 50

Maybe cosco would think twice if they knew what their major competitor was doing..

jarjam1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jarjam1026 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 4:02am
post #40 of 50

sams also sells unfrosted frozen 10' cakes. 8 to a case. and also sheet cakes unfrosted. they came in handy when i got sick with a virus. for one of my classes that is

qtcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtcakes Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 12:58pm
post #41 of 50

i always buy them at our sams club in south dakota, also cream cheese icing, containers, boxes etc.

all4cake Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 2:58pm
post #42 of 50

I could fill and base ice approx 22 10" round cakes with one bucket of Sam's buttercream.

Costco is aware that their competitor sells these items.

There is a Costco a 1/2 a block or so away from a Sam's. Costco there, displays buckets of icing under their bakery tables as if they were for sell(probably too much product and not enough space to store it and it makes it convenient for their associates to retrieve it for use) but when a member placed one in her cart, she was stopped abruptly and they explained to her they don't sell their stuff.

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 3:36pm
post #43 of 50

wow you guys opened a whole new world to me by mentioning Sam's Club!! I'm so excited, I had to travel over an hour before to get supplies or I had to order online, now I can just go to Sam's which is 25 min. away from me, I can't wait to check them out!
icon_biggrin.gif

missnnaction Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 2:08pm
post #44 of 50

all4cake, they told me that they can't sell them to me because they don't have a plu# for them...???

all4cake Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 4:33pm
post #45 of 50

hahahahahahaha....that's 'cause they don't know where to look! It's in the same book, on the same page as the gumpaste flowers and packaging.

I won't be able to hunt down the number for you until next week.

there is a plu # for it though! I've printed labels for enough packages of that stuff.

Did you go before 1? The main cake decorator should be there until at least 1. The team leader?

Just don't ask the bakery manager...no offense, but most don't know half of what they act like they know.

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 8:39pm
post #46 of 50

I went to Sam's Club today and asked for the bakery manager. I told him my friend - you guys -said I should be able to order items that they used in their bakery. He said oh yeah, told me when the deadlines are, how to order, and gave me a list (with prices) of products that they order from. Very helpful. I forgot to ask about the icing sheets but I will when I go into place my order. Thanks for starting this thread.

Leashlar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leashlar Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 9:18pm
post #47 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by okieinalaska

Hmmm.... I have a costco membership. Maybe I need to switch to Sams.

Any idea if Costco bakery will sell items?

Thanks,

yes, costo will sell you everything except the utensils

missnnaction Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 9:27pm
post #48 of 50

all4cake, i made the mistake of calling.. but she put me on hold to go talk to the main cake decorator and they were the one who said it couldn't be done...It was around 9:30 this morning.. I was actually over there today but didn;t even think about going in because of what they'd told me.. I'm gonna make another trip tomorrow and see what the response is.. Thanks to you, I'llbe able to tell them exactly what page it's on... Or at least in the vicinity... Thanks..

qtcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtcakes Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 8:57am
post #49 of 50

yes,
they should deff. sell the icing sheets to you.
my sams couldnt get the ticket to print in there machine so they just used another lable close in price. it wasnt in there system, but it is on there supply sheets with a product code and price. if they dont sell them to you, i would email the company or call...after all..sams motto...
''we are in business for small business's''

i pay 28.00 and some change.

blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 10:00am
post #50 of 50

this is shuc good info it is time to restock all my supplys ..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%