Chocolate Ganache Icing

Decorating By AKS Updated 8 Jul 2005 , 3:23pm by AnnieT

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 5

I want to make this cake for my daughter's birthday, and I have a question. This ganache is shiny, so I'm thinking that it's made with KARO rather than the straight chocolate/cream mixture. Is that right? They called it a "melted ganache". Does that mean you pour it onto the cake before the ganache has a chance to set up? I assumed that that is what I should do, but all of the ganache icing recipes I've seen says to cool the ganache and spread. Thanks in advance. I really appreciate it.
-Alysa
LL

4 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 12:07am
post #2 of 5

I made ganache and did not let it cool. Look in my phots you will see a fathers day cake made with ganache you can see that by not cooling it,
it will melt to fast and just run off cake. It left me with some see through spots. Use the recipe you found and yes let it cool. Good luck!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 2:01am
post #3 of 5

You need the ganache to cool, but not too much so that it stays in a pourable consistency.

sue_dye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sue_dye Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 2:11am
post #4 of 5

But don't wait to long or its gets too thick, like the one in my photos. I had to spread it on then.

AnnieT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieT Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 5

Sue I looked at your Gallery and must say I am truly impressed. Your Chocolate Ganache icing looked soooooooooooo enticing. Would you share the recipe with me please? I have never tasted that kind of frosting is it hard or creamy like store bought?

Thanks

Ann

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%