W4 Icing Shortening

Decorating By spanky62798 Updated 30 Mar 2012 , 4:56am by lauramarykay

spanky62798 Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 1:55am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know anything about W4 icing shortening? Well at least this is what it is listed as on my list from one of my suppliers. I've been reading a lot about the Sweetex shortening, but it's kind of pricey. So I'm thinking about checking this brand out, but wanted to see if anyone had any thing to say about it.

thanks!
Cristina icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
lauramarykay Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 7:24pm
post #2 of 4

I absoutly love it. It makes the best icing it isnt greasy like crisco and when you use the buttercream flavor with it everyone will love your cakes. Its very easy to work with it spreads easy and I have never had any issues making roses or borders. I like it so much that I have my mother send it from the supply store in my hometown in ks. If anyone knowes where I can buy it in Dallas I would love to know. It costs almost as much to ship it as it cost period. My advise go for it everytime I usr it my house smells like the bakery from my childhood when we walked in the door you are hit with the best smell of buttercream. It brings back great memories every time.

cristinacarrington Posted 29 Mar 2012 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 4

Hi!! I had actually posted that many years ago. Since then I use the PS99 shortening sold by Merchant's in Dallas. It works great!!! It's about $85 for a 50# box. There is also a place online that you can purchase it from. It works out to be the same price with shipping. Here's the link...

http://www.roundeyesupply.com/Stratas-Foods-Ps-Filling-Icing-and-Shortening-p/de438663.htm?CartID=1

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,
Cristina

lauramarykay Posted 30 Mar 2012 , 4:56am
post #4 of 4

That's funny I was online looking for it today and your post was there. I don't use that much I just do a few cakes for family and friends now due to a severe back injury I only use 2 or 3 of the sm tubs maybe 20 lbs a yr but I refuse to use crisco thanks for the info will ck it out and see if they have smaller options.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%