Letts See Your First Cake!

Decorating By sheilaattaway Updated 7 Jul 2005 , 4:16am by sheilaattaway

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 6

I was looking at my cake pictures from when i first started. wow what a difference. A friend had a rushed wedding and for fun I made her one. Now I make them all the time I must say my flowers look HOTTTfor a first timer. I went to micheals and got the instructions for GumTex flowers and TaDa.
LL

5 replies
crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 3:48am
post #2 of 6

That is your first cake? Wow. Looks really good.

I have not been able to upload pictures recently. I am waiting for a reply from Jackie to see if she can help then I can put out some more of my pictures.

Cindy

sheilaattaway Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 6

lol, it looks good inthat picture. You should see the back of it. and up close you could be the cake through the fondant.

niki_10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niki_10 Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 6

Wow, that looks really good for your first cake. I'm not sharing mine!! (Although it's not bad given I haven't taken any classes yet! icon_surprised.gif

sls0812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sls0812 Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 6

That is a really good looking first cake. I will be making my first wedding cake on the 23rd. Any tips?
Here is my first cake ever - for my son's 2nd birthday - sorry about the picture, I had to block out my son
LL

sheilaattaway Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:16am
post #6 of 6

Very cute,is it a trasfer. It is aslo good for your first time. I have not had classes yet but entend to soon. I have only done 2 wedding cakes. I made a four tier cake and it was huge. The bottom cake was so big I had to freeze each layer. I would bake it, level it, freeze it. when they were all frozen I put in the filling and staked them. That was the only way to put it together. i also used fondant. I got of those fondant mats and the fondant stuck long enough so i could lay it on the cake, and then i pealed the mat off. it worked better than the rolling pin technique. I hope that helps a little. Trust me i know how nervous you are.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%