I Have A Fully Legal And And Licensed...

Business By missmeg Updated 4 Aug 2007 , 2:34am by tracycakes

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 21

...KITCHEN!!!!!

I tell you - I scrubbed that kitchen down like there was no tomorrow. I got dirt out of placed I didn't even know dirt could be gotten INTO. Dh came in when I was done and asked me where I had hid everything :doh:. I told him I hadn't hid anything...just put it away where it belonged in the first place icon_lol.gif.

The inspection was as easy as...well...cake icon_biggrin.gif. He came in, checked off that I had all the appropriate and necessary items (he was impressed that I had a paper towel holder installed in the bathroom - typcially he needs to follow up with applicants on that item), reminded me that I would need to sequester the cat whenever I did cakes, and discussed that if I were to sell my cakes wholesale (like to a bakery) I would need to provide a list of ingredients; if selling to the end user, I just need to provide my name and contact info.

I should have my actual license within 10 business days.

20 replies
schildwaster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schildwaster Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 21

Congratulations!

countrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycakes Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 21

icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!!!

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 21

Congrats!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:34pm
post #5 of 21

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am stoked for you Meg!!! I have been checking in to see how it went. Any tips you can give to someone who will be doing this in the mext month would be appreciated more than you know. The papertowel holder.. does it have to be screwed into the wall or can it be free standing? My son would clog the toilet on a daily basis if I had papertowels in there at all times.. icon_lol.gif

I am glad that things went so smoothly for you!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:59pm
post #6 of 21

Congrats! That's wonderful!

SCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SCS Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 21

Brilliant news - Well Done!!!

Can you post any photo's so that it can give people (me!) an idea of what you've done for future ideas?!

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:04pm
post #8 of 21

Woo Hoo!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Bec

shalderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalderman Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:07pm
post #9 of 21

Congrats! I'm glad it went so smoothly! That's SO exciting!! icon_biggrin.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:12pm
post #10 of 21

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:19pm
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmeg

...KITCHEN!!!!!

I tell you - I scrubbed that kitchen down like there was no tomorrow. I got dirt out of placed I didn't even know dirt could be gotten INTO. Dh came in when I was done and asked me where I had hid everything :doh:. I told him I hadn't hid anything...just put it away where it belonged in the first place icon_lol.gif.

The inspection was as easy as...well...cake icon_biggrin.gif. He came in, checked off that I had all the appropriate and necessary items (he was impressed that I had a paper towel holder installed in the bathroom - typcially he needs to follow up with applicants on that item), reminded me that I would need to sequester the cat whenever I did cakes, and discussed that if I were to sell my cakes wholesale (like to a bakery) I would need to provide a list of ingredients; if selling to the end user, I just need to provide my name and contact info.

I should have my actual license within 10 business days.

Congratulations missmeg~! I am interested in the paper towel question also.. does it have to be permanently installed, or can a free standing holder suffice? I am shocked at the kitty though... most States won't allow pets of any kind indoors... period... I will be having an inspection later this year, hopefully....

postcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
postcakes Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:22pm
post #12 of 21

Good for you! You are an inspiration to us dreamers!

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:31pm
post #13 of 21

Whoo hoo. If I could dance, I would do a happy dance for you.

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:39pm
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

Congratulations missmeg~! I am interested in the paper towel question also.. does it have to be permanently installed, or can a free standing holder suffice? I am shocked at the kitty though... most States won't allow pets of any kind indoors... period... I will be having an inspection later this year, hopefully....

I have no idea whether the paper towels have to be hard mounted or not. Just that you need to have someplace to wash your hands other than the food prep area, and the need to have "diisposable" towels to dry your hands afterwards.

I'm also surprised about the pet-thing. But I do love the state I live in when it comes to this icon_smile.gif.

JILBRY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JILBRY Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 3:36pm
post #15 of 21

CONGRATS!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 9:57pm
post #16 of 21

Congratulations!!

bonniesido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniesido Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 11:12pm
post #17 of 21

Congratulations! It doesn't get any better than that!! Best of luck!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 2:06am
post #18 of 21

congrats!!!! Wishing you all the best with your new business!

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 1:19am
post #19 of 21

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you. Pretty soon I will be doing the same thing. My kitchen is in the process of being finished. I'm a nervous wreck thinking about the inspection!!

KateWatson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateWatson Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 12:39am
post #20 of 21

Awesome! So now I just need to move from CA to NH, and I stand a chance of getting a business off the ground!! icon_biggrin.gif

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 2:34am
post #21 of 21

Congratulations! I know you are so thrilled!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%