The Ranks Are Messed Up... Frequent Comes Before Regular ...

Decorating By melissablack Updated 12 Jul 2005 , 5:41am by stephanie214

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 9:36pm
post #31 of 40

I'm with you but I evidentally stepped on some toes without meaning to do so-

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 9:49pm
post #32 of 40

What are the ranks?

Ranks are not "assigned" or given out. It is simply a way of showing how active you are in the forums. It has absolutely nothing to do with being a cake decorator, or a measure of intelligence or skill.

This is a common function on most online communities. It simply gives people a quick visual representation of how many total posts a user has made. The longer you are a member of cakecentral.com, the more posts you will probably have made.

We also have special "rank" icons for our moderators and admins, so you can quickly identify which users are moderators or admins. For example if you look under my user name I have a special "admin" icon. The moderator and admin icons are the only images that are specifically assigned.

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 9:53pm
post #33 of 40

WHat the big deal. If you have experiance or you dont this is a site for fun. I dont know about anyone else but competing against a
"pro" exites me. I can count my cakes on 2 hands,but i do believe if I put my mind to it I could compete with anyone. I bet a lott of people that are pro like to come and show thier cakes off just like everyone else. And remember people that know more than you on this site always tell you thier secrets, its not like your going to a famous cake house were you have to wonder how they do that. Everyone shares here! I just love it

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 10:46pm
post #34 of 40

After reading all the posts and being a person who could care less about ranks and stars, etc. I am totally in shock.

I thought that CC was all about helping each other in any way that we can. I know that I have alot to learn, but looking at the pictures give me the incentive to try even harder.

When I have a problem with my cake or icing, I know that I can come to CC and get some outstanding suggestions. I have yet to post for help without someone coming to my resue.

I think that everyone whether a pro or beginner can be very proud of their creations. Think of the people who come to us for cakes, do you honestly think that they would pay someone else to make their cake if they could do it themselves?

Please, lets forget about the ranks and come back to where we were, helping and being helped.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 10:27pm
post #35 of 40

Hmmm, I'm wondering if anyone on CC understands what I've been trying to say? Just because I had a gold star rating does not mean that I think I am a pro. I will be the first person to say I AM NOT A PRO. I've only been decorating since Oct 04. I was just stating that I didn't think it was fair to change the ranks. If you had over 1,000 posts you would feel the same way. Alot of my posts have been made because I needed help! I have passed on what I have learned & I'm so thankful to everyone every time I decorate a cake! All the info I've learned comes back to me!!! Awesome!!!

I'd like to make a comment about everyone who helps others out (most members on CC do help out). I do not feel like we should have to tell where we learned the info that we pass on. Da... CC is an open forum... If someone looks back they'll see where me or anyone else got our info from. The info was great, so great that we could do it & then pass it on to others or perfect an easier way to do a technique.

Crashdummy... you better not stop making posts!! You have helped people too!! You have came a long way too (since coming on CC), just like I have. Do not stop making posts!!! You have a right to post just like anyone!!! So girl don't run off!! icon_lol.gif People can get glad in the same place they got mad in!! If I didn't get over things I would have already quit CC. Just smile & go to the next post~
icon_biggrin.gif

The reason posts get made Stephanie is because people do care~ Yes, things shouldn't get out of hand but that's human nature right? icon_lol.gif

Anyone wanting to argue anymore... bring it on icon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gificon_twisted.gificon_razz.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.giftapedshut.gificon_smile.gificon_surprised.gifthumbs_up.gifshhh.gifdunce.gifparty.gif

Godiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godiva Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 11:03pm
post #36 of 40

Oh my gosh! What has happened here??? It's time to get it together and just STOP girls. I couldn't even stop reading the whole thing! icon_cry.gif

What is the big issue here??? Ranks?? Stars and who has the most postings??? Here it is, Jackie, with all her good intentions creates this website for all of us to converge, to share and to learn AT NO CHARGE!!! And what has this cost her?? Nothing but headaches! icon_mad.gif Common' girls...

There are a lot of old timers here who have helped a great deal, such as TC, who have put their heart into this...Lisa, m0use, MrsMissey and Jackie herself...Then newcommers who are learning the ropes as they go, thanks to the help of these individuals...But why is it done...I'm sure it's because they love what they do...Not for show, not for glory, not for recognition.

Let's keep the peace...lets not make such a big deal about it. Deal?

On another note, mention has been made of "pros" showing off their stuff and not sharing knowledge. It is an open board where we are all entitled to share our work and have it critiqued... I don't know of anyone who brags about their achievements here. I personally have benefited greatly from it, as I've been able to show my work and receive kind and encouraging comments... I've been doing this for roughly 1 1/2 and have learned 90% on my own. What makes me "good"? I don't settle for sloppy work...I constantly beat myself if it's not right...I strive to always do better...Can I do better? Yes I can...Will I ever learn how to pipe scrolls and writing??? Only time will tell...

But let us make this a board we would want to continue comming back to...

Thanks to all of those who continue to be positive and helpful! thumbs_up.gif

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 11:26pm
post #37 of 40

I agree Godiva!! I am very new to this site but not new to cake decorating. I have been decorating for 27 years and I still don't know everything.

Even though my rank is not an addict -- I AM AN ADDICT TO THIS SITE. icon_razz.gif I can't seem to get enough of it. I haven't posted much because I have just been reading all the other posts from other people.

I never knew there was so much talent out there.

We just need to get over it and go on. It is all for the improvement of the site. I haven't seen very many pictures of cakes posted that I didn't think looked professional.

Thanks Jackie for this site -- I JUST LOVE IT. icon_biggrin.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 11:31pm
post #38 of 40

Great Godiva! We do need to get over this. It's only one misunderstanding I guess... there are a lot of positive posts. I think that's pretty good.

I've been on a mini vaction. I left right in the middle of this post so I had to comment one more time... OK... I'll be good & not post on this anymore... I will move on.. but only because my buddy Godiva asked me to~ icon_smile.gif Here's a rose for you Godiva @>->- icon_smile.gif

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 11:52pm
post #39 of 40

Wow! I have been gone from this site for almost 2 weeks because we just moved! I feel like I have missed a lot! Anyway, stars and ranks do not matter to me! I enjoy this site very much...I have learned a lot...and I try to give feedback whenever possible. I love viewing everyone's pictures too. Jackie, thank-you for such a wonderful site...and thanks to everyone else in the forum for all the great ideas! thumbs_up.gif
traci

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 5:41am
post #40 of 40

I am aware that the posts are to help people, that is my point, ranks and stars shouldn't matter. When I referred to the pros and beginners, I was not saying it in a negative way, or that people were bragging. I was giving everyone a compliment on their creations.

SORRY!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%