Spice Cake Filling??

Decorating By Everemton Updated 25 Sep 2006 , 6:34pm by gilson6

Everemton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Everemton Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone have any ideas for a spice cake filling? I'm doing a cake for a wedding this weekend and the bride wants spice cake with some kind of pumpkin filling. Any ideas???

6 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 7

I think a caramel filling would be delicious. If you have to do the pumpkin one, you could use something like pumpkin butter for it.

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 7

Now I would like a cream cheese filling and icing, but maybe there is a way to make a pumpkin/cream cheese filling?

AZrunner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZrunner Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 7

Mmmmm, cream cheese would do it!

Junecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Junecakes Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 5:55pm
post #5 of 7

I agree caramel would be yummy, I have also done a brown sugar buttercream. Yum...Yum

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 6:00pm
post #6 of 7

You know, there's this stuff I eat on Weight watchers....but you could use regular fattening ingredients and I'm sure it would be just as delicious......it's one can of pumpkin large (not pie filling) 1 pkg. butterscotch pudding, 1 pkg. vanilla pudding, 2 c. milk and some pumpkin pie spice to taste.......it's a delicious kind of pumpkin custard if you will. Mix milkand pudding with hand mixer. Add pumkin and pie spice. chill. For weight watchers: use sugar free-fat free pudding mixes and skim milk. It's delicious!!

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 6:34pm
post #7 of 7

Apple Pie Filling is really good in a spice cake. Just give the can of pie filling a whirl in the food processor. Make sure you take it out of the can first icon_smile.gif!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%