Cake Balls

Decorating By Babarooskie Updated 30 Jul 2007 , 9:07pm by RitzyFritz

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 11

I want to make some...but I can't find the recipe.

Can someone please help =(

Thanks!

10 replies
Danni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danni Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 11

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2099-Cake-Balls.html

There is the link that I had. I hope that helps

jeffer01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeffer01 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 11

also, try going clicking the RECIPES tab and then entering "cake balls" into the search bar...you will get almost a page of different cake balls recipes and they are very tasty!!!

Hope that helps! icon_smile.gif

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:40pm
post #4 of 11

If you click on the "home" page the recipe is down towards the bottom of the recipes.

Linda

tabbiekat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabbiekat Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 11

http://cakecentral.com/article67-How-To-Make-Cake-Balls.html

I have used these directions on how to make them and they turned out great.

Tabitha

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:42pm
post #6 of 11

If you go to the recipe section and type cake balls, there are a few recipes that come up for them. You can use about any flavor of cake with liquid coffee creamer (that is what I used). My favorite was chocolate cake with Amaretto creamer dipped in white chocolate. You can also search the forums section as there have been all kinds of forums on these with different recipes.

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:45pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifetrat

If you go to the recipe section and type cake balls, there are a few recipes that come up for them. You can use about any flavor of cake with liquid coffee creamer (that is what I used). My favorite was chocolate cake with Amaretto creamer dipped in white chocolate. You can also search the forums section as there have been all kinds of forums on these with different recipes.

Did your turn out gooey?? Like cookie dough?

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:52pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks so much everyone!!

I'm still kind of new to this website...
Thanks again for all your help =)

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:54pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebaker1957

Did your turn out gooey?? Like cookie dough?

I don't know if I would call it gooey but they were messy making them. I used gloves and it seemed not to stick to my hands as bad. It doesn't take very much liquid just enought to make it a little moist. I froze the balls after I made them and then dipped them into the melted chocolate. I prefer to eat them right out of the freezer!

JILBRY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JILBRY Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:58pm
post #10 of 11

I have never used the creamer. I used filling.. strawberry, raspberry and blackberry. Just heated a little in the microwave (the seedless simply fruit by smuckers) and added just enough to moisten to hold together. I have also added peanut butter to my BC to make them. Then dipped in white and milk chocolate whichever is your favorite. Very yummy...

RitzyFritz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RitzyFritz Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 9:07pm
post #11 of 11

One thing I did this past weekend (and I truly got RAVE reviews on them): Instead of dipping them in the chocolate, I made a thick glaze.

First I took the cake crumbs and added BC to make a dough the consistency of cookie dough or maybe a little stiffer than that. Then, I took 2 cups powdered sugar and added 1 tsp corn syrup and 7 teaspoons of flavored coffee creamer. Drizzled this over all the cake balls until well covered. Let sit until the glaze has set and no longer wet.

Flavors used were:
1. Carrot cake with plain glaze (in other words, I used plain milk instead of the coffee creamer). BUT, on this one I used CREAM CHEESE butter cream. Wow...these were tasty for sure!! This is the reason I used plain glaze so as not to overpower the flavor going on.
2. White cake crumbs with 2 different glazes - one flavored with southern pecan creamer and the other flavored with caramel chocolate creamer. On the ones flavored with pecan, I sprinkled pecans over top while the glaze was still runny. For the chocolate, I set 3 chocolate chips on the top while it was still wet. I did this so they would know the flavors (took to a church dinner).

I then put them in the small paper cups (mini muffin papers?) after they had set.

These turned out really good!! Some don't like them in the chocolate, so this is an alternative that works great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%