Omg!! I'm So Po'd At Ups Right Now...i Could Scream!!!

Decorating By thedessertdiva Updated 11 Aug 2007 , 3:09pm by OhMyGoodies

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 96

So...I special ordered my KA on 7/16 from the Lowes about 373 miles away from me. I called this morning to find out my status and was told by the nice lady in the shipping department that it was sent UPS as of 7/26 and she gave me my tracking number.

I go onto the UPS tracking website, plug in my number and according to site, it was delivered on 7/27 at 10:20 am... icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

I never recieved it. No one ever knocked on my door. No package was left. I know this because I was home ALL day Friday and my 3 yr old son was outside playing out in the yard. My front door was open, and all my windows. Whenever the UPS or the FedEx guy comes my son yells "Mommy...your box is here!!"

So I call the UPS number and speak to an agent who tells me that once the package is entered into their system by the driver that the package was delivered, there is nothing they can do for me. I need to contact the shipper and file a complaint with them. Hmmm. So I ask to speak with the local UPS office here in my town, to see if I can get ahold of the driver for that day (Friday the 27th). Of course, the local offices have no phones that accept outside calls. The best he can do is have a manager call me and see what we can do about this.

So here is where it stands. I have contacted the great people at Lowes and explained my situation. The lady in the shipping department puts me on hold while she calls UPS to speak with someone. She was told by UPS that the problem would be taken care of and that they (UPS) would call me right away to get this fixed. So my phone beeps while I am on the line with her, I put her on hold while I answer, its UPS, and I am told that there is nothing UPS can do. Once it leaves the truck and the driver says he delivered it, its delivered. Regardless. So I switch back to Lowes and twll her this, and she is just as LIVID as I am as the UPS guy says that they will make sure the problem is fixed as it is an issue in their (UPS) end. She was told one thing, I the customer, another.

So either my UPS driver saw that it was a nice new KA (2 actually) and stole them, saying it was delivered, or the package fell off the truck and he said it was delivered or aliens beamed it off my porch.

I AM SO MAD!!!!!!!! icon_mad.gif

Lowes is going to replace them, but its the principle of the issue. Why does UPS not take resposibility for their schisty drivers. This is not the first time this has happened. I have had Pampered Chef packages mysterously not be delivered and it says they were. Once I threw such a fit about a false delivery notice...all of a sudden my package miraculosly appered in the back of the UPS wherehouse and "Oh, my, how did this get here" was the response of the UPS manager.

Ugh...watch out ladies. Just a forewarning. Hopefully your UPS guys are not as shifty as mine!!

95 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 96

The UPS here is no better. They left a package out next to my mailbox on the opposite side of the road one winter. It was almost $200.00 worth of americolors. I was so po'd. I called the company and got the run around for awhile. Finally the warehouse manager said she'd talk to him. Another time they left my kopykake airbrush system on the porch, where my 4 month old black lab was. Hello, puppies like to chew and the driver had the nerve to say someone signed for it. I didn't know my dog could write.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 96

I used to be a travel agent, and once the UPS driver left tickets on a client's steps during a snow storm, and when I pushed it further the customer service lady told me very snidely that the driver "Left them with the receptionist." It was a 3 bedroom ranch style house!

keriskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keriskreations Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 96

That sucks - I wonder if these boxes will mysteriously pop up in the next couple of days. What's up with people? Are they THAT lazy that they'd think you wouldn't notice a large box not being received, a receptionist at a home signing for something, and leaving a package with a dog? Seriously people!
A few years back, my parents sent their old TV (I was single and couldn't afford the luxury of anything bigger than a 13 inch), so when they upgraded, they shipped it to me. They sent it to my office, which then I had to haul in to my house with the help of my neighbor, only to find that the entire corner had been kicked in. When my mom called to complain, they would only pick it up from the delivery location - so yep, you guessed it, I had to pack it back in the original packaging (which I'd cut apart to get the tv out) and then take it back to my office for pick up. I took almost 3 months for my mom to get her money back from UPS insurance. She just sent me a check, and I went locally to get something.
Hope it works out!

Amy729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy729 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 10:37pm
post #5 of 96

So sorry about your experience!

I have to say that around here UPS is great. I always get my packages quickly and the drivers are fantastic. The post office is who I have issues with here.icon_sad.gif

PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 96

I can relate as well. My fondant is delivered via UPS and on several occassions they have left it by my front door and never even knocked. I was home all day. Now in florida it gets really hot, so if i'm not on the ball i'm going to end up with liquid fondant. I live in a apt complex and leave specific instructions that if no one is home please leave at the office. There have been a couple of times that they have left packages at the office, but no note on my door to let me know it's been delivered. LAZY!!!! I'm going to contact the company I order from and let them know that I will not be able to order if they continue to use UPS. It's really unfortunate because I like this company I order from.

Shaynamills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaynamills Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 10:40pm
post #7 of 96

I'm not sure if you can do this from your end but I have an account set up with UPS and under shipping options you can set it up where they have to get a signature, no one home, they have to come back, they can not leave it. This has saved me many heartaches and worry. When I order something from a store I also request this type of service with their courier that way no signature shows up then they are responsible not me. Not sure if that helps you for future orders but it sure has helped me.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 10:41pm
post #8 of 96

Oh, I had a UPS driver put a package of mine IN my van that was parked in my driveway. I was home. All he had to do is ring the doorbell. I have problems with the post office too. And heavens forbid if your the shipper and UPS loses something! OMG! When I worked for this company, UPS would lose stuff all the time and basically would just say that it wasnt packaged right and wouldnt give your money back for the item.
Seems like no one cares about anything anymore. Just getting paid.

spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 10:45pm
post #9 of 96

wow I am going to go to work for UPS and "deliver" the packages, go home and toss my new "found" items on ebay...sounds like a good deal. icon_confused.gif Seems as though UPS needs to rethink their system. Let me ask you this did 2 new KA's show up on e-bay that friday?

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 10:46pm
post #10 of 96

Yah, and can you believe that they start at $27 an hour to do this?!

sun33082 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sun33082 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 10:50pm
post #11 of 96

That is just crazy. My KA was supposed to be delivered by UPS on Friday, but I wasn't home to sign, so I had to leave the little sticky note signed. Hopefully it's there today when I get home and no one has taken off with it.

You would think if I had to sign for mine, that anyone else who ordered one would have to sign too. Then you could have just said "well if I signed for it, I'd like to see my signature."

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 10:52pm
post #12 of 96

I get my stuff delivered to my husband's work, we live out in the middle of no where so it's easier.
My in-laws get stuff delivered to their home and if they have the normal driver it's okay but anyone else there's trouble. Their driveway has a gate on it, it's a real driveway but it goes through a pasture and some of the guys throw fits about this. Of course they live in a state with cow passing signs so why are they surprised? They won't order something if it has to come FED EX, the guys throw fits about having to drive into the country. My MIL got really pissed about it once, after all she's paying to get it delivered and what else do you expect in North Dakota?

mpitrelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpitrelli Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 10:58pm
post #13 of 96

I am lucky my UPS driver is great. Now my sister has a really problem. She orders from QVC and homeshopping all the time. Well she order some pans from QVC and she did not get them. Well QVC was really nice and resent them. Well about 4 months later she was cleaning out her screen room and she had a gas grill in there she was getting rid of it and low and behold but what was inside the grill but the package from QVC. The UPS drive put it in there.

sun33082 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sun33082 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:03pm
post #14 of 96

Sounds like some of you have UPS drivers who are either tryin to be nice by hiding your merchandise from others (including you lol) or they are really bored and looking for entertainment. "hmm I'll put it here, see how long it takes her to find it"

thedessertdiva Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:09pm
post #15 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaynamills

I'm not sure if you can do this from your end but I have an account set up with UPS and under shipping options you can set it up where they have to get a signature, no one home, they have to come back, they can not leave it. This has saved me many heartaches and worry. When I order something from a store I also request this type of service with their courier that way no signature shows up then they are responsible not me. Not sure if that helps you for future orders but it sure has helped me.

Funny you say this. In my calls with the UPS people, they say that the "sig required" is an issue with the shipper. If the company shipping does not require that a signature be needed, they dont ask for one and just leave it. icon_confused.gif I always thought that should be up to the customer. Go figure. I called Lowes and the really nice lady I'm working with put, in really big bold letters, in the notes DO NOT LEAVE AT ADDRESS. SIGNATURE MUST BE REQUIRED. I thought that was pretty cool.

I wonder if this is something I can do online at ups.com.

statecollegecakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
statecollegecakemom Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:10pm
post #16 of 96

When we lived in a townhouse, we once had a UPS driver deliver a package during the winter to our back patio & put it in our grill. They never left a note or anything. We were not expecting a package & it was not until spring that we found it when we went to use the grill. Thank goodness I looked before lighting it. icon_rolleyes.gif

thedessertdiva Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:11pm
post #17 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun33082

Sounds like some of you have UPS drivers who are either tryin to be nice by hiding your merchandise from others (including you lol) or they are really bored and looking for entertainment. "hmm I'll put it here, see how long it takes her to find it"

I wish...I have walked around my house like 100 times now, looking under things and in things. Its just not here. Errrrr... icon_mad.gif

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:12pm
post #18 of 96

Is it at all possible the box was delivered to the neighbors house??? I've had that happen a few times because the neighbor across the street at my mom's house -- their house number is 29338 ours was 29339... got it mixed up ALOT!

Also there was a local guy (irronically lived in our neighborhood lol) that was arrested last year for a bogus check thing and when they searched his home they found over $5000.~ worth of products STILL in the boxes that he stole off the truck when he worked for UPS...

I have since moved from my parents home and once a month or 2-3 times a month I get a package for the last tentant that was here and it's her medical supplies for her breathing machine (hoses masks etc no meds though lol I accidently opened without reading I shouldn't have to read the box when I've ordered from eBay and her junk still comes here lol) then when I notice it's not mine I take it to her home... not that far away but still a PITA!!!!! She has told UPS and the med supply company her new address SUPPOSEDLY but they still bring it here....

Could be maybe it was just delivered to the wrong house.... maybe check your neighbors if you have any?

katro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katro Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:14pm
post #19 of 96

Ugh, I have had problems with UPS and USPS. I try to avoid UPS whenever possible because everytime I have a problem it seems they try to make me into a lier. Oh and get this we just moved into a newly build house and the contractor had left some stuff like wood ect out on the curb and said he would come back to pick it up next week, ok no big deal........until the mail man left me note in my mail box saying that he WOULD NOT deliver mail if their were things in his way.......he really didn't. I was so mad and still trying to talk to the post office about it, I don't think the post man is too happy with me but um that is his job. So sorry that he has to drive his little mail truck around some wood. Some people!!!!! icon_mad.gif

thedessertdiva Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:22pm
post #20 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGoodies

Could be maybe it was just delivered to the wrong house.... maybe check your neighbors if you have any?

As soon as I realized that it never showed up, I went door to door asking if anyone got my delivery (even though its been like 4 days...you'd think they'd return it by now) and nope. A couple of my neighbors say they never even saw the UPS truck...and I have really nosy neighbors. I did, however, get a phone bill that was delivered to my neighbors house...in Feb... icon_confused.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:25pm
post #21 of 96

Don't get me started on our current postman for the USPS. But I have always been lucky our UPS drivers are all great! Our regular one will stop by again if my BF isn't home during the day, he'll drive by on his way out of town and if he sees my car in the driveway then he'll stop. Such a nice guy!

The one we had when I was growing up was a guy that lived in the same small town and His daughters were right around my age. He was soo cool too! He knew everyone so he always took care of everyone. Sure miss him which I was still in the same area.

alisoncooks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alisoncooks Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:29pm
post #22 of 96

we've always had good luck with UPS (though they do just leave the boxes on the front porch). Now FedEx.... we had to have our taxes done by a friend in another city this past April and he overnighted them to us the day b/f taxes were due. Well, same story: FedEx claimed to have delivered the package with all our official financial paperwork (while I was home with my kid & a very hypersensitive dog.) I checked all the neighbors, chased down 3 FedEx trucks that passed through my neighborhood...no luck. Amazingly, this delivered package "popped up" 2 weeks after taxes were due, and amazingly, undelivered. I UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN!!

EricaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EricaT Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:29pm
post #23 of 96

Here is my ups story...The glass in my coffee table broke, still under warenty the furniture company sent me a replacement. 2 weeks later I finally get it, I open the box, and the thing is in a million pieces, i never signed for it, he just left it at my door, so i didnt get to check it. so i called the furniture co. they apologized and sent me a knew one. i get home from work a couple days later , its there...open the box broken again!!! the company resends another to me, another one broken! this is the 3rd one. The glass is packaged very firmly in a box between large sheets of styrofoam...how do you break it? so finally the co. ships it to the store from their facility and i go pick it up, the girl at the counter acted like i was ridiculous because i insisyted on opening the box to check it b4 i left the store. but somehow i managed to get it home and in one piece all by myself.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:32pm
post #24 of 96

I forgot my thought on the USPS. My big thing is we have an upright mailbox where you lift the top to put mail in and take it out b/c it is right next to the door. Well the mailbox doesn't have a flag on it since it is upright but it DID come with a flip down RED flag on the bottom for when you have mail to pick up. So when we moved in I used this a few times and I had bills that were never picked up b/c they didn't look at the flag.

Long story short I got into an arguement w/the postmaster b/c I used the flag and he said for my type of mailbox I am suppose to clip the mail to the front and not use the flag b/c it doesn't stick out.... umm helloo!! It is bright red!

Oh well... I stoped having mail picked up at the house and drop in into a p/u box a couple blocks away. GRRR.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:34pm
post #25 of 96

try this one --
this past year, UPS was supposed to deliver that latest issue of the school's newspaper.

the printing company gives you that tracking number so you can see when it will get to you.

so, I'm at school tracking it.

Day it's supposed to be delivered -- see on site that it is "out on truck for delivery"

GREAT -- YA RIGHT --- NOT!

the driver usually comes between 2 and 2:30...

hmmm so, I go up to office -- driver has come much earlier than normal, made delivery but no box of newspapers!

PANIC! --- back to computer -- no notation there.

call company --

they call UPS

answer from UPS -- oh the package was destroyed --
got wet (on a day of NO RAIN) and we threw it out.

now, did the driver tell anyone at the school? no...

did UPS call? -- no.

did they even post to web site -- the day after!

------

in the time before web tracking was available:

and once had a part being delivered for the computer.

since I'm at work, i figure they'll leave it or at least leave a sticky note.

NOPE

almost 2 weeks later get a post card saying to call XXX-XXXX to reschedule delivery. Must call by xx/xx

well don't ya know -- the date a I had to call by was 2 days BEFORE the postmark on the card.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:37pm
post #26 of 96

This is sounding so familiar! A good friend of mine has an upholstery/quilting shop in a building in the alley behind her home. She was expecting merchandise to finish a project. She waited.. waited.. called UPS they said it was delivered. She searched high and low, no package.

The company resent the order, she had to pay additional shipping in excess of $30.

She finds the original package a week later. The driver had to squeeze between her house and garage, through some rose bushes, and set it under a window A/C unit.

She has a covered porch he could have left it on, and she was in her shop when it was delivered.

I think the drivers think this must be funny?!?!?! Hide and go seek?? UPS best wise up, I love my FedEx guy and DHL have been great to me.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:40pm
post #27 of 96

I hope you get this resolved and get your KAs soon!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:44pm
post #28 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by statecollegecakemom

When we lived in a townhouse, we once had a UPS driver deliver a package during the winter to our back patio & put it in our grill. They never left a note or anything. We were not expecting a package & it was not until spring that we found it when we went to use the grill. Thank goodness I looked before lighting it. icon_rolleyes.gif

In your grill ???? icon_confused.gif
Idgits! thumbsdown.gif

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:54pm
post #29 of 96

I have never had any problem with FedX or UPS. They leave items on the front porch if not at home and when home they usually knock or ring door bell.

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:56pm
post #30 of 96

You know what you can do if you have a package that UPS says was delivered but you never received it...Call the local police dept and file a theft of property report. I work for the PD and you are allowed to make reports on this.

I used to sell on ebay and this person had ordered an item from me...she had it sent to her work...well she started emailing me that she had not received her package..i told her it was delivered on such and such date and time...told her to check w/her coworkers..apparently nobody got it....she kept getting kinda rude w/me and i finally told her to file a police report for theft of property and let the police handle it from there because apparently somebody on her end had stolen it at her work....i never heard from her again..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%