Cookies4kids Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:21pm
post #1 of

I make lots of cookies and candies that get dipped in chocolate. After it sets, I use melted candy melts in different colors to make a little decorative squiggle on the top. Sometimes when you bite into them, the design kind of shatters and falls off, and other times it sticks there really good. I use the same dipping chocolate recipe all the time and would like to know if anyone knows why this happens?
Thanks for any help as this is so frustrating!!!!
Lilybird

2 replies
peg818 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 9:54pm
post #2 of

not an expert by any means, but i would guess that it has to do with the temp of the chocolate. IF the chocolate is hot enough to melt the base chocolate alittle, i would think that it would adhere better to the candy. I would say use base chocolate that is room temp and not right out of the fridge or freezer. I think if the base is too cold the decoration won't adhere as good as it should cause it will set up too fast.

Cookies4kids Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 8:22pm
post #3 of

Thanks Peg. I think you are right about that, so will keep that in mind the next time I make squiggles!!!!
Lily

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%