Saw The Chocolate Competition For Food Network Today!

Decorating By bonnscakesAZ Updated 6 Jul 2005 , 6:59am by KimAZ

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 6:58am
post #1 of 9

Hey guys! I got to go see the Chocolate compettion that is filmed for Food Network. It's part of the Pastry Championship they do each year and this year it was here. They were awesome and I had so much fun. I took pictures of all the pieces too. I will try to get them posted tomorrow. I also got to meet Colette Peters briefly. She is going to be taking part in a cake competition on Friday and I am sooooo going to that one. icon_smile.gif Just thought I would share... icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 11:55am
post #2 of 9

How totally cool!!! I've always wanted to go to one of those!

Lisa

Bubbles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbles Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 12:39pm
post #3 of 9

I am so jealous. That would have been so cool. I love watching that stuff on TV, but to see it in person would have been a real experience. Lucky you.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 12:58pm
post #4 of 9

Ooooh, lucky you! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif
Go see the cake one and give us all hte juicy details, cuz you know they are not going to show everything on tv icon_wink.gif

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 6:39pm
post #5 of 9

oh my gosh I know. I want to see how colette does everything. Thats one reason I want to be there.. How she carves, stacked, the painting... everything@ I can't wait!

melodyangel1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyangel1978 Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 7:51pm
post #6 of 9

Awesome, I love watching those on tv. I can only imagine how cool it would be to see in real life! I can't wait to see pics!

msumissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msumissa Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 11:08pm
post #7 of 9

How fun, and neat that you could meet Colette Peters!

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 1:45am
post #8 of 9

Bonnie,

Is the cake competition here in Arizona? And if so, can you give me the info on it?..I would absolutely LOVE to go. I was going to go to the Pastry Competition, but was in the process of moving, so I didn't get to go icon_cry.gif .

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 6:59am
post #9 of 9

HI Bonnie,
I was there too!!! I went on Sunday for the Cupcake Challenge, Monday for the Chocolate Challenge and again today for the Daredevil sugar challenge. And OMG!! How awesome these show pieces are! The tv doesn't do them justice! It's so great to be able to see them in person and to see all those famous decorators. I took tons of pictures too and can't wait to see it all over again on tv. They say all these shows will be aired in November most likely. We stayed for the awards too and had cameras in our faces pretty much all day so it'll be fun to see if we make the cut to be on tv. Hee hee!

Sweeterbug- If you get a chance, the final taping is on Friday the 8th at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Hotel in Phoenix. It's going to be a Mystery Cake Challenge that Collette made up and will be competing in, along with 4 or 5 other people. Should be awesome! It's from 8am-3pm, however they tend to run a little late for the awards so it could be longer if you stay for that.

KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%