How To Make Hot Pink Food Coloring For Bc Icing Help

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 31 Jul 2007 , 1:15pm by cakebaker1957

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 2:37pm
post #1 of 19

Hey I need to know who to make a Hot Pink coloring for my BC cake Im doing a sweet 16 birthday cake for this Saturday, and she wants Hot Pink and Black and how can i get a true Black, with BC.
Thanks need info FAst

18 replies
crislen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crislen Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 19

Hi!

For Black buttercream, I usually start with a chocolate buttercream and slowly add Americolor Super Black - it works like a dream, and I don't need alot of black colouring to get it a true black.

I'll bump you for the hot pink, never had to acheive that colour - yet!

teasom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teasom Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 19

Wilton's rose color always gives me a pretty bright pink color.

cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:08pm
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by crislen

Hi!

For Black buttercream, I usually start with a chocolate buttercream and slowly add Super Black - it works like a dream, and I don't need alot of black colouring to get it a true black.

I'll bump you for the hot pink, never had to acheive that colour - yet!

thanks for the info however this teen hates chocolate, can you imagine that I called one of the bakerys and they said to use brown with my black

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 19

Tint bc brown let it sit for 1/2 hour then tint black..works for me every time...try using Americolor or CK coloring to always doesn the trick...as for hot pink my ck true red yields a pretty hot pink with like 2 drops...remember your colors will darken as they sit.

HTH

Have a great day!

cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:21pm
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Tint bc brown let it sit for 1/2 hour then tint black..works for me every time...try using or CK coloring to always doesn the trick...as for hot pink my ck true red yields a pretty hot pink with like 2 drops...remember your colors will darken as they si

Have a great day!

Thanks where can i get the Amerisource or Ck at

wgoat5 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:26pm
post #7 of 19

well the baking store that I shop at has it.... you can order americolor or ck products (I can't remember which from Countrykitchen.com or cakesbysam.com or even kitchenkrafts.com . I get my ck colors at the nearest bakery/supply shop.

HTH

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:40pm
post #8 of 19

I think Americolor makes an Electric Pink? I know they make fuschia.

cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:42pm
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcakes

I think makes an Electric Pink? I know they make fuschia.

Thanks for the info , im needing this by Saturday dont think i can get it here by then i will make do with what i have, wonder if i could add some other color into the Rose to tone it down a bit?

wgoat5 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:46pm
post #10 of 19

try using little squirts of red in your icing...till you get a pink color then a little more till it brightens...usually while it sits it will get brighter

cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:48pm
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

try using little squirts of red in your icing...till you get a pink color then a little more till it brightens...usually while it sits it will get brighter

Thanks once again, Do you have any suggestions on how to take a 10in cake and do stripes around it so they will come out even??

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:51pm
post #12 of 19

oh. sorry.

I don't know where you are, but countrykitchensa.com has quick shipping - if you ordered today, you might get it by then. Just a thought.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:01pm
post #13 of 19

What brand and color of colors do you have. Let us know what you have so we can help you get this done in time. You do need to make these colors asap so they are ready by Sat.
I don't recommend using red to get pink. It just is not the same. Use a pink based paste color.
Don't judge your black until several days have passed as it needs lots of time to 'develop' the color. Some browns will give a very green cast to the b'cream, but over time it changesicon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:02pm
post #14 of 19

ck red is what I made the fushia (hot pink) color on the cake in my avatar. So it worked for me.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:05pm
post #15 of 19

What brand and color of colors do you have. Let us know what you have so we can help you get this done in time. You do need to make these colors asap so they are ready by Sat.
I don't recommend using red to get pink. It just is not the same. Use a pink based paste color.
Don't judge your black until several days have passed as it needs lots of time to 'develop' the color. Some browns will give a very green cast to the b'cream, but over time it changesicon_smile.gif

cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:11pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

So how many days ahead should i make the black and pink only need a little its to do some stripes around a 10in cake in altheranting colors, and then do a border around both cakes the main color is white with these as accents, I have to do a # 16 on wire so we can put it on top of the cake coming out of a bow, What type of wire do you suggest i out the fondant #s on any directions would be helpful at this time

cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:16pm
post #17 of 19
Quote:

The Wilton kind i have rose, pink black brown violet, green etc

cakebaker1957 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:27pm
post #18 of 19
Quote:

I have Wilton right now but after Saturday im ordering Americolor, I have rose, pink , lavender, black orange royal blue,

cakebaker1957 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:15pm
post #19 of 19
Quote:

I have Wilton's colors

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%