Army Wives.

Lounge By TooCuteRose Updated 5 Jul 2008 , 5:48pm by lisad1

TooCuteRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooCuteRose Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:23am
post #1 of 22

Sorry ahead of time if there is already a forum in here about this wonderful show.
I've became addicted. It's an amazing show. And for those of you that have watched it. Just wondering what everyone's input was on tonight's episode.

21 replies
dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 22

I love the show!!! I TIVO it, haven't had a chance to see the whole thing, just saw the last part and it cracked me up when the the doc was talking with his patient about infidelity and he was squirming and uncomfortable with answering the questions. My favorite couple is the guy from Charmed and his bartender wife. I am so glad that one chick stood up to her husband finally and kept on working. Can't belive the hoops the wives have to jump thru for their career army husbands.

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 22

I love this show! Don't read this if you haven't finished watching the show yet.

Do you think Roland will tell Joan that he had an affair? After his comment to the patient, I doubt it but secrets sure have a way of coming out. I also can't believe the one lady (can't remember her name) started the rumor about Claudia. I felt really bad for Claudia because it was an accident. I also can't believe that the lady who was working with the art teacher was telling the dark hair lady (can't remember either of their names) that the art teacher was having an affair with Pamela. I can't stand it when people stick their noses into other peoples business and don't know the real story. I am really glad that Denise's husband saw her in action and realized that she is good at what she does.

My husband is in the military and I can relate to a lot of the story lines that are going on. Military spouses do have to jump through a lot of hoops when their spouses are high ranking officers. There is also a lot of gossip when living on bases. That is one reason we have always lived off base.

TooCuteRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooCuteRose Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 22

Roland probably will not tell. Like he said when you cheat and tell the person it's only to get rid of their guilt. He wants to start fresh with his wife. So no. But I'm pretty sure he felt bad when she brought him breakfast in bed. HAHA. Serves him right.
She's scared now that her hubby is like he is and saw that the two were having problems that she had to start something before Claudia did. Oh I don't like that woman. She's so coniving.
She started that rumor about Pamela probably because she wanted something over Pamela after her own infedility. I thought it was awesome that her husband came home. Totally cool and then sad when he left.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 6:50pm
post #5 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfin

. I am so glad that one chick stood up to her husband finally and kept on working. Can't belive the hoops the wives have to jump thru for their career army husbands.

I haven't watched the show but military families are far different than civilian, children and spouses reflect on the soldier. A child who gets in trouble can hurt dad's career and they used to have a formal spot on evaluation reports for comments on the wife. Alot of people don't really know that the people protecting your freedom of speech don't have it themselves and it extends to both the wives and children in some ways.
Part of it is the theory that if a man can't keep his family in line he won't be able to keep the men under him in line.

navywifetrat Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

[I haven't watched the show but military families are far different than civilian, children and spouses reflect on the soldier. A child who gets in trouble can hurt dad's career and they used to have a formal spot on evaluation reports for comments on the wife. Alot of people don't really know that the people protecting your freedom of speech don't have it themselves and it extends to both the wives and children in some ways.
Part of it is the theory that if a man can't keep his family in line he won't be able to keep the men under him in line.

You are so right - one little incident can sure become a problem on our military guys and gals. I don't agree that a child or a spouse can hinder your career by their actions. They are not the ones who signed the dotted line to join the military.

CherryBomb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryBomb Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 11:51pm
post #7 of 22
Quote:

Quote:

. I am so glad that one chick stood up to her husband finally and kept on working. Can't belive the hoops the wives have to jump thru for their career army husbands.

I haven't watched the show but military families are far different than civilian, children and spouses reflect on the soldier. A child who gets in trouble can hurt dad's career and they used to have a formal spot on evaluation reports for comments on the wife. Alot of people don't really know that the people protecting your freedom of speech don't have it themselves and it extends to both the wives and children in some ways.

No, it really isn't that different. The same could be said for executive and political families. For some reason, military families like to think of themselves as "special" and get caught in the trap of thinking of it as a lifestyle. It's rather sad, imo.

mbelgard Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 1:47pm
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBomb

Quote:

Quote:

No, it really isn't that different. The same could be said for executive and political families. For some reason, military families like to think of themselves as "special" and get caught in the trap of thinking of it as a lifestyle. It's rather sad, imo.

Have you ever lived on post as a memeber of a military family? As a child I knew that getting in trouble at school could get my dad in SERIOUS trouble, I knew of several families that had to clear quarters in 72 hours because of stuff the kids did (doubt that would happen with your examples). Then you have the added pressure of deployments, war, TDY, low pay, long seperations, etc. Exectutives and politicians aren't likely to get yelled at by their boss because their child isn't behaving in school, didn't stop playing while the flag was being lowered or ordered to go to parent/teacher conferences. Yes other jobs have SOME of the stresses but none are quite like that of the military. Tell me of one executive or politican's children who went 2 years without seeing their father while he was married to their mother, or of any who's father didn't live with them for half their childhood (again while married to mom) and that isn't counting TDY or field time.

CherryBomb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherryBomb Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 3:43pm
post #9 of 22

Mbelgard, your information doesn't sound very current. How long ago did you experience these things?

I'm sorry that you don't seem to realize that other families face similar hardships. It is not uncommon for politicians to be on the campaign trial for many months at a time or championing causes in other countries. My father was an attorney that specialized in international law. This required him to spend much of his time abroad. I could also make mention of all the civilian contractors who are currently working in the Middle East without the protection of the US government.

The fact of the matter is: We all face hardships in life. I, quite frankly, get sick of all the whining I hear from military families. So many of them seem to expect and extra pat on the back or a handout for their troubles. Wheres the pride and dignity in that?

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 11:48pm
post #10 of 22

Normally I don't get into the middle of these things, but please try to be sensitive to others.You don't have to listen to them or pat them on the back, or even feel sorry. Just close whatever thread you are on, or move on to the next person - but don't hurt others.

Back to the point of this thread. I love this show. I love the story lines and the characters. It is a great look into military life, and a lot of it does ring true, but you don't have to be an "army wife" to relate to it. It touches on things we all experience - just in different ways - because we are all different, live different lives, and have different limits. The themes of friendship, love, redemption, forgiveness and perserverance work for everyone.

navywifetrat Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 11:52pm
post #11 of 22

I can't believe that this Sunday is the season finale!!!!! icon_cry.gif I love this show. Has anyone heard how long before the season starts up again?

Any ideas as to what is going to happen? I wonder if Claudia Joy's daughter is pregnant?

I just looked up the website for Army Wives and it shows the same preview as what is on the TV but it does have some pictures of clips from the show.

I don't know what I am going to do on Sunday's now! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 12:29am
post #12 of 22

I don't know what I'll do either. It's on at 10 pm and hard to stay up that late - it's on again the next day at 8 pm, but I can never wait that extra day!
But the whole bomb thing looks a bit cheesy. Hopefully it won't be.

nelja5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nelja5 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 1:33am
post #13 of 22

Well I have to say the show is great! and I can not believe the season finale is this Sunday! I hope the do another season. I am a wife, sister, sister in law, daughter in law and former military. I know there some people that says the show is not real. Well, I have to laugh at that, and ask in what force are they living in. I am very involved in FRG and schools and everything you can imagine on post, And let me tell you something, whatever they are showing on tv is short and little, of what happens in bases.

You have to be part of a service in the USA military to understand what is going on. And if you are not a military member or a family member that goes thru so much in a daily base, I guess it will be hard to understand.

Sorry girls! I have to say something!

And hell yes we need a pat in the back, our kids, wifes, mothers, fathers, family members are fighting for the liberty of people that think we dont deserve our pat in the back. And we have tons of dignity and pride of being part of a great family, the military family of the USA. We just need support not people feeling sorry for us!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 1:49am
post #14 of 22

For our military and their families usaribbon.gifthumbs_up.gifusaribbon.gif

wonderwoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wonderwoman Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 12:51am
post #15 of 22

Well, I haven't posted on many topics, but I cannot pass this one up for a few reasons. My husband is in the Army. In our 7 years of marriage, we have lived together for maybe 2 (and that's not consecutive). Yes, many families face hardships of many different kinds, but the hardships of military families are different. My husband was out of the country for 2 of my pregnancies. During my second pregnancy he was deployed to Iraq. Not only did I have to worry about my health and my baby's, I never knew from day to day the danger my husband faced or when I may get a knock at the door. I spoke to him about once, maybe twice each month, and when I did, I often heard mortar fire in the background. I have never and will never expect a handout or a pat on the back from anyone. I do, however, expect that my husband be treated with the dignity and respect that he deserves for the great and incredible sacrifices he makes for not just himself or his own family, but for every family that lives in this country. It appalls me that so many men and women risk their lives in the name of freedom, the freedom which unfortunately gives people the right to speak demeaning things against them.

And finally, I love the show. I am an addict, although if Pamela would have cheated too, I think I would have had to end my addiction. I couldn't stand it if the show made it look like everyone cheated when their spouse was away.

mbelgard Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 1:10am
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwoman

I couldn't stand it if the show made it look like everyone cheated when their spouse was away.

I think that's a stereotype because it is fairly common, not everyone does it of course.
Speaking of that during the first Gulf War we were in Ft. Knox and a neighbor got sent over (he went right away during Desert Shield and didn't get home until it was over). His wife gave birth that Labor Day and managed to convince him that it was his kid. icon_confused.gif She told him that they changed how the months were counted and he actually was dumb enough to believe it. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif My parents still laugh over that, I was too young to really think much about it at the time.

navywifetrat Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 1:19am
post #17 of 22

wonderwoman

I agree with everything you said! My husband has been active duty for 11 years. We haven't had the separations like you have but we have had some and he is leaving for 9 months to Afganistan.

I do hate the sterotyping that the spouses cheat as soon as the other is deployed. Yes, unfortunately, there are some who do but there are probably just as many civilian people who cheat on their spouses when they go off to workl.

mbelgard

I can't believe that guy was that stupid to believe the kid was his. Did he ever find out he wasn't the daddy?

Only 24 hours and 40 minutes until the finale!

mbelgard Posted 26 Aug 2007 , 10:49am
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifetrat

mbelgard

I can't believe that guy was that stupid to believe the kid was his. Did he ever find out he wasn't the daddy?

I have no idea if he ever found out we got orders only a couple weeks after she gave birth and were gone the first week of October. Both of them were pretty dumb but I think everyone really started wondering how he got into the military after that one.

navywifetrat Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 2:57am
post #19 of 22

Oh my gosh - I can't believe tonight's show. I am glad to see that Amanda wasn't pregnant but it blew me away that Joan was. I hope Roland doesn't leave.

Has anyone heard when the series is starting back up?

wonderwoman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wonderwoman Posted 27 Aug 2007 , 3:09am
post #20 of 22

I know! I have to go to work in the morning and now I can't sleep after watching the show! I can't believe Joan is pregnant. Now that Amanda isn't pregnant, I just hope she isn't dead.
I think I read somewhere that the new season would be in the Spring. I can't wait that long. We have to start a letter writing campaign to Lifetime.

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 1 Jul 2008 , 9:33pm
post #21 of 22

Too bad wonderwoman was onto something. I really hated to see what happened to Amanda. That first season premier was totally misleading until the last 5 minutes. Oh well, I'm still addicted.

lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:48pm
post #22 of 22

I'm surprised more people weren't talking about the season opener!! It definitely was misleading mmgiles!! Pretty shocking... icon_eek.gif

I have to say I really like this show too! I have always loved a good cry!! And it's nice to see Joan's character softening up some! So far the new season hasn't been disappointing! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%