Forgive Me, But...

Baking By Princess3 Updated 24 Sep 2006 , 10:07pm by Princess3

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 1:42am
post #31 of 37

Ok. Must be my cold medicine working. My husband told me to go to bed. C a n 't seem to leave my c omputer.......

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 1:47am
post #32 of 37

If only my computer were powered by a tread mill then the CC addiction would not be as bad. icon_lol.gif

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 7:49am
post #33 of 37

HAHAHAHA!!! NEW - I'm busting up laughing! That's just too funny! And you know it's funny because I TOTALLY agree!!! Image

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 1:05pm
post #34 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess3

I have probably asked you before, but what part of KY are you from? Now I will remember you from your lovely "Mathew McConaughy" he's hot. icon_surprised.gif

I'm in Western KY...close to Ft. Campbell. Awwww...Matthew....he has stole many women's hearts!!! icon_razz.gif

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 1:26pm
post #35 of 37

Princess - they taste like marshmallow covered cookies. very yummy and not too sweet.

Dl5crew - I use the Wearever insulated cookie sheets and bake my cookies on parchment. That way I can just slide the whole sheet off onto a cooling rack and keep the production line going.

I haven't tried putting the fondant directly on the cookies when they come out of the oven. I usually glue it on with corn syrup when their cooled and then I put accents with royal. Very quick and easy way to make pretty cookies. I have some in my photos.

pettycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pettycakes Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 1:42pm
post #36 of 37

I have never tried NFSC. I use a receipe I got about 16 years ago. It was in a free publication that Crisco had put out for the holidays. It is called Kringle Kutouts. I either use colored sugar or mmf on mine. I am going to try the rolled buttercream on them today.
I am glad everyone is okay after all the storms and flooding you guys have had.

Kringle Kutouts

2/3 cups butter Crisco
3/4 cups sugar
1 tbls + 1 tsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
(I use self rising flour and omit the baking powder and salt)

Cream crisco, sugar, milk and vanilla. Add egg mixing until well blended. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture, beating well. Chill 2 hours.
Roll out on floured surface and cut into desired shapes. If decorating with sugar add it before baking. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack and cool.
If using mmf, I add it as soon as the cookies come out of the oven-a tip I got off of this web site that works really well.

Princess3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Princess3 Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 10:07pm
post #37 of 37

Thanks for the recipe pettycakes, and yes it was such a beautiful day today after all that rain, you would have never known!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%