Rasberry Filling?

Decorating By aerorach73 Updated 7 Oct 2006 , 8:37pm by Narie

aerorach73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aerorach73 Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 8

I just got an order for a cake with Rasberry filling. What do I use? Jelly? I looked at filling recipes and only found one that called for pureeing rasberrys. I thought that was a litte extreme for what I needed. Please Help.

7 replies
patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 8

I either use the sleeve jelly filling you can buy at cake supply stores or I make the raspberry mousse filling from this site. Very simple and tasty, only 3 ingrediants.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 8

I like plain jane raspberry preserves. If you want something more creamy you can mix the preserves with some buttercream.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 8

maybe you can make a raspberry curd. same ingredients as a lemon cured but use raspberries instead of lemon.

kstgelais4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstgelais4 Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 1:44am
post #5 of 8

I just used the ra[berry filling from the wilton site today. It is basically just frozen berries, sugar, cornstarch and h2o. It was quite yummy. Enjoy!
Kelly

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 8:14pm
post #6 of 8

this is an update...i made the raspberry curd following a lemon curd recipe. YUCK. too much butter and not tangy. i did find a recipe online though. it had less butter and it also had a little lemon juice. i have not made that one yet though. but definately look for a recipe. do not just substitute.

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 8:28pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjgjam22

this is an update...i made the raspberry curd following a lemon curd recipe. YUCK. too much butter and not tangy. i did find a recipe online though. it had less butter and it also had a little lemon juice. i have not made that one yet though. but definately look for a recipe. do not just substitute.

I have been messing around with a few ideas because I've been making a few raspberry cakes the past few months and getting into filling lol. Well I dont really like the jam idea, it seems rather well jam like lol and sweet and boring? I have decided I liked the following filling or variations thereof- what I did actually for the second one was add thawed frozen (fresh were no longer around) raspberries slightly mushed folded right into the plain BC icing. The fact taht it curdled or sort of did didnt matter as it wasnt going on the outside (that was the giraffe cake, not that you can tell because I covered it, Although the border was icky red cause I was low on BC and thought I could extend it by adding the last bit of filling and well yaknow that didnt work icon_smile.gif) but the cake went over well (by everyone cept the birthday woman and her kids who dont like dense cakes hahaha,. But everyone else liked lol.

Raspberry cream filling: (from the raspberry cream cake recipe on CC)

1/2 pint extra heavy whipping cream
3 Tbsp confectioners sugar
1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam (instead of jam I subbed real raspberries and I also on the last 2 berry cakes I filled, I put a sprinkly layer of raspberries on the cake layer, then I put the filling down and then more berries. Anyway my own little concoctions lol but I like creamy fillings.
Good luck icon_smile.gif

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 8:37pm
post #8 of 8

OK, this is my pie recipe; but I think you could use the glaze part for a cake filling. I would also suggest using Solo brand canned pastry and cake filling, the raspberry is good, the cherry nasty.

Strawberry Glaze Pie or Red Raspberry Glaze Pie

1 quart strawberries
1 baked pie shell

Glaze:
1 cup whole strawberries
(From the above quart)
3/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
Glaze: Put 1 cup of strawberries and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Mix sugar and cornstarch; add to strawberry liquid and cook until clear. (You can add 2 or 3 drops of red food coloring to the glaze if you want a more intense color.)
Arrange remaining quart of cleaned and hulled strawberries in a baked pie shell, cut very large berries in half. Pour cooled glaze over strawberries. Serve with whipped topping.
Alternative: Use fresh red raspberries instead of strawberries.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%