Whimsical Bakehouse Chocolate Ganache?

Decorating By Kelrak Updated 29 Jul 2007 , 10:36pm by fiddlesticks

Kelrak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kelrak Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone ever tried this recipe from the book? I think it's going to be a disaster. It says "whipped ganache" but I thought I could just pour it on.

Now that I look at other ganache recipes, I realize it's waaay tooo much cream to chocolate. I have a big old batch of rich cocoa mess that I'm not going to be able to pour on my cupcakes.

These were just for my own family for my birthday, nothing fancy. I just wanted to try something new with the extra cupcakes and oreo buttercream filling from my son's birthday but now I've messed it up. Should I whip it after it cools and slop it on the cupcakes? Help!

7 replies
sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 12:23am
post #2 of 8

i use this all the time and your right.....this isn't something your going to be able to pour. it's more of a really thick creamy pudding. i use it more fillings.

if you want something to pour try the recipe they use to cover the cheesecakes. i can't think of the name of it right off hand, but it is in the front of the book. this is really really good!! this would be better for what you want.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 8

Ity's called chocolate glaze in the WBH book, Page 39

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 8

Dont have your answer .But I would love your recipe for the oreo buttercream filling ! sounds yummy !!! you can pm me please !!!

Kelrak Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the advice. Whipping the ganache turned out great, so I'll just pipe it on the cupcakes. It should make a nice swirl. I will try the chocolate glaze another time. It looks soooo good! I had a feeling I should've used that recipe.

Interestingly, I won a free birthday cake from Albertsons at the fair yesterday! They do a really funny cake decorating show with volunteers from the audience. The lady picked the most incompetent looking men as her helpers which made it more funny. Picture a gorgeous, buff cowboy making a Cookie Monster cake. It was quite a crackup.

My daughter won a cake too so I gave one away to a family with several kids. I was having a pity party about my stupid birthday cupcakes (and my husband's lack of planning), but I ended up with a nice birthday surprise...and I learned from my mistake.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 5:21pm
post #6 of 8

JMO you could have filled the cc's with the whipped ganache mmmm and made the pouring shiney ganche to pour on top.

Kelrak Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 7:33pm
post #7 of 8

that sounds good too, but I needed to use up the oreo filling

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 10:36pm
post #8 of 8

Kelrak !! Thanks for the pm! & glad your b-day turned out great !!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%