Has Anyone Had Or Knows Of Anyone Who Had A Tr?

Lounge By dl5crew Updated 31 Jul 2007 , 11:31pm by dl5crew

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 19

Tubal ligation reversal. I had my tubal ligation done eight years ago and have had nothing but trouble since. I have my cycle two or three weeks out of four. I have debated about having a reversal done to see if it would help. If I was to get pregnant that would be ok, I just pray it would be a boy I have 3 girls already. I just wanted to get some opinions from my CC friends. Thank you

18 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:29am
post #2 of 19

I doubt a reversal will correct the problems. See another doctor!

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:51am
post #3 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5crew

Tubal ligation reversal. I had my tubal ligation done eight years ago and have had nothing but trouble since. I have my cycle two or three weeks out of four. I have debated about having a reversal done to see if it would help. If I was to get pregnant that would be ok, I just pray it would be a boy I have 3 girls already. I just wanted to get some opinions from my CC friends. Thank you

I wouldnt dare reverse mine because if I added any more children to my house Id honestly have to hire a zoo keeper, because Id definitely have to quit!! ....but Ive had problems and pains I have never had until I had my tubes tied....to the point of being unable to get up and in tears for days....

Have you talked to your dr about it yet? I havent...I need to make an appt just curious if you had.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 2:46am
post #4 of 19

Oh, now I'm scared!!!! I'm supposed to have my tied after this one. I can't believe that I've never heard anything negative like this before. icon_eek.gif The last thing I need is to have a looooong period or alot of pain!! I wonder how common these problems are? I would go see your doctor asap!

dl5crew Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 6:20am
post #5 of 19

I have gone to my doctor over the last three years he blew it off to "hormones". My husband finally showed out with him. He refered me to an ob/gyn. Who suggested a hysterectomy. Good let's do it. I just want this to stop. Until he realized I have crappy insurance until I get out of school & get a real job. If I have a hysterectomy I want the one where they do everyting vaginaly. He will only do the "hairline" I'm going o gut you like a fish cut. He will not see me anymore. He put mo on the birth control pill Seasonal. Where you take it for three months at a time & your not supossd to have a period whie taking it. HA, it barely slowed anything down. Sorry if that was gross.
I have a friend who had a tubal after her fourth child was born. I told her she was crazy. She should have her husband do the vasectomy. The vasectomy is safer than a tubal. Easier than a tubal. Cheaper insurance wise than a tubal. Her husband refused. He wouldn't touch me again!
The doctor that delivered my youngest girl sat in a chair beside my bed & BEGGED me, yes BEGGED me to not have a tubal. He told me the proble,s I would have. At that time my marriage was rocky. He told me about the vasectomy for my husband, BUT I wouldn't listen. I wish now I had. My husband would have done it. I didn't tell him what the dr. said. When the doctor talked to me about it, he made my husband leave the room, incase he was "making" me have it done.
I do not want to frighten any one in any way about a tubal. I'm sure there are women who don't have a problem at all with theirs. I wish I was one of them.

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:30pm
post #6 of 19

I also had a tubal after my 3rd DD. I had more pain after the tubal than I did the c-section. I don't have the constant cycle but my cycles are heavier now than they have ever been before. I do still have some pain during the ovulation but it is managable. I didn't know until after I had mine that it also increases your chance of cancer. My DH had volunteered to be fixed but since they were doing a c-section I decided to just let them take care of it while they were in there - I really regret it now! I always try and talk my friends out of it when they are talking about doing it.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:34pm
post #7 of 19

I made my husband get snipped. icon_twisted.gif I'm scared of tubal pregnancies and stuff, my doctor said it was best if the man got done because it's safer, if the vasectomy fails you're just pregnant instead of possible problems.
My husband recommends it to people who are going to have one member of the couple done. icon_lol.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 2:11pm
post #8 of 19

I feel bad if you got discouraged messybaker....bu tI would definitely do some research on it before you do. I was so overwhelmed by the combining of my husbands two and my one and having the twins that I didnt care if they wouldve yanked everything that I didnt take the time to research tubal......I wish I had because afterwards I started to look up info and found all sorts of stuff.....

my dr also passed it off as hormones when I went back 3 mths after having mine.. STILL having a period.....he also passed it off as hormones ...which was especially buyable because I had just had twins.....but a year later and so on....I wasnt buying twins hormones anymore! I dont have the constant period any more.....actually I feel worse because I hardly have a period now with way more pain then when I was having one......Ive also started to notice that what I thought was kidney pains once a month is actually my ovaries....I understand some people feel something during ovulation...but this goes beyond just feel minor pain.....

icon_lol.gif I should go to the dr icon_lol.gif

dl5crew Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 3:38pm
post #9 of 19

twinsline7 you really need to goto the dr. Don't put it off. I did for 5 years. My doctor hasn't suggested a reversal this is something I'm thinking about on my own. I'm going to talk to my doctor & the doctor who does reversals to see what they think.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 4:44pm
post #10 of 19

i just saw a segment on the today show (i think) about a non surgical method of prevention. instead of tubal ligation, they take a device that resembles a screw and insert it up into your fallopian tubes..your body produces scar tissue around it and voila! they said it's the same as having a papsmear, so you can go back to work with no time off, and that the physical discomfort of the actual procedure, which only takes a few minutes, is a 2 on a scale of 1-10. it's something i want to look into when it comes to that time in our life.

hope this helps.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 5:45pm
post #11 of 19

Oh, man! I have alot of thinking to do! I am positive I don't want anymore children though, I expecting #5 right now.

I'm just not sure if this is the way to go or not. I do know when I've been on the pill, I don't have a sexual bone in my body! I also get very moody, or at least my DH tells me I do.lol

I'm allergic to spermicides, don't like the pill, gained weight on the depo shot.....I don't know what else to try. icon_cry.gif

You would think my DH would consider getting fixed, but he's a BIG BABY! icon_surprised.gif

dl5crew Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 5:50pm
post #12 of 19

I know my BIL got fixed while he was overseas with the Army. He said something about them being done free of charge. He said he sat on a bag of ice for a while. So, I can't inamgine it being that difficult. Why is it always the womans responisiblity or job to have the "fixing" done. Hello, it's usually not always the men who have to have sex. Maybe that's just at my house. icon_redface.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 6:09pm
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5crew

I know my BIL got fixed while he was overseas with the Army. He said something about them being done free of charge. He said he sat on a bag of ice for a while. So, I can't inamgine it being that difficult. Why is it always the womans responisiblity or job to have the "fixing" done. Hello, it's usually not always the men who have to have sex. Maybe that's just at my house. icon_redface.gif

My husband is a huge baby about being sick and stuff, he sat with the ice for several days and they give them lots of drugs. If you aren't having a c section I think that the vasectomy is cheaper than tubal ligation.

I agree that it shouldn't have to be the woman who does all the work with birth control, we give birth to the kids so you'd think that the men could endure a little pain. icon_lol.gif

sweetness_221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetness_221 Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 4:41am
post #14 of 19

I got a tubal after having my 3rd child almost 2 years ago. I haven't had any pain but I am irregular. When I went in to my obgyn earlier this year to get my annual exam I told her about my problems. She decided to have my blood work done to rule out any hormone changes. She also checked my blood sugar levels and my insulin levels. Come to find out my body produces too much insulin and causes me to be hypoglycemic. This also causes my irregular periods. Since being on metformin to help with my sugar levels my periods have regulated more. They're not a 100% like they used to be, but they are much better. You guys might think about going to your dr and getting a physical. Get your blood work done. You might find that it's not hormones or your tubal that's causing your problems. HTH.

dl5crew Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 12:24pm
post #15 of 19

sweetness_221 Thanks for the info. I have gone for the physical & blood work. I have done everything that I know to do. I'm sure thre are some on here who should see a doctor.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 6:20pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

Oh, man! I have alot of thinking to do! I am positive I don't want anymore children though, I expecting #5 right now.

I'm just not sure if this is the way to go or not. I do know when I've been on the pill, I don't have a sexual bone in my body! I also get very moody, or at least my DH tells me I do.lol

I'm allergic to spermicides, don't like the pill, gained weight on the depo shot.....I don't know what else to try. icon_cry.gif

You would think my DH would consider getting fixed, but he's a BIG BABY! icon_surprised.gif

I'm sorry, I don't have anything to contribute regarding tubal ligation...my dr. offered me one WHILE I WAS IN LABOR (bad time to make decisions!!), but I refused because DH said he'd get a vasectomy. But he never did, and I'm glad because I've heard horror stories about ongoing pain with that, too. I just wanted to mention Mirena to anyone who's looking for reliable, long-term birth control. There was another thread a while back about it, and it's definitely worth looking in to if you're looking for other options. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it.

katydid6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katydid6 Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 11:47pm
post #17 of 19

have you thought about an IUD, the one I have lasts for ten years and I have had it for 16mo. I can't say I have any problem with it. Occasional spotting but nothing major. Some of my friends though have had issues with their IUD's. So it is a personal choice, but I love the fact that it doesn't mess with my hormones and I don't have to remember to take a pill everyday. My doctor said he won't do a vasectomy on my husband right now because we only have one child and doesn't want us to change our minds later, but in a couple of years he will if we want him to. Good luck

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 10:50pm
post #18 of 19

After pushing out a baby that was 11# 2 oz., I figure I've had enough trauma to my privates and it's DH's turn.

As far as the tubal, have they checked you for fibroids? Maybe those are your problem?

dl5crew Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 11:31pm
post #19 of 19

I have been checked for fibroids & was told that I don't have them. I'm going to try to talk to mt doctor to see what he thinks. icon_confused.gif I don't know if it will do any good or not.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%