Important Question...need Help!? Suggestions!?

Decorating By Sory Updated 24 Sep 2006 , 4:24am by Sory

Sory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sory Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 3:15am
post #1 of 9

Hello, ladies! How are you all? I hope you're all doing good!!
Okay, I've been trying to decide for a few weeks already which one
of these "Compressors and Air brushes" to buy but I haven't made
a decision yet.icon_cry.gif
I need suggestions, please! They will be very well appreciated.
There is a link you can go to, to check the items I was telling you
about. Of course if you have a chance or some time to go there!
Thank you in advance!
http://cooksdream.com/store/airbrush.html
Bye!
Sory.

8 replies
auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 3:18am
post #2 of 9

Wish I could help but I don't have an airbrush yet, but here's a BUMP for you....BUMP BUMP

practiceandpatience Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
practiceandpatience Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 1:31pm
post #3 of 9

I recently purchased the Airmaster compressor and airbrush set and completely LOVE!!!! it. It is soooo easy to use and I am very happy with my purchase

mommykicksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommykicksbutt Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 9

I have an Airmaster compressor and airbrush with the adjustable knob (highly recommend!!!!). Don't settle for the cheaper steady flow 55psi unadjustable air compressor, you'll be sorry in the long run just to save about 25 bucks.

Sory Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 3:16am
post #5 of 9

Hello, auntsushi, practiceandpatience & mommykicksbutt! Thank you very much for your time! I appreciate your interest in helping me. thumbs_up.gif
I have one more question: Which of the airbrushes do you recommend?
Airbrush Single Action Small Cup (1/16oz.)
Airbrush Single Action Large Cup (1/3oz.)
Bottom Feed Double Action Airbrush (2oz bottle)
Double Action Airbrush - 1/16 oz color cup (Gravity Feed)
Double Action Airbrush - 1/3 oz color cup (Gravity Feed)

Sorry I'm bothering so much but I want to make sure I'm buying the right item and it's going to last for a while. icon_redface.gif Thank you, again!
Bye!
Sory.

practiceandpatience Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 2:35am
post #6 of 9

I have the single action small cup, which works just fine, but there are advantages to a double action. With a single action, air is continually blowing from the gun and you pull the button to release color, with a double action no air or color are released until you push the button for air and pull to release color. As a beginner myself, I think the single action is perfect for acquiring some more skill before going on to the double action if I later feel the expense is worth it.

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 3:07am
post #7 of 9

Is this the one you are all talking about?

Airmaster Compressor and Airbrush
Kopykake Airmaster: Designed for the Demanding Cake Decorator The AIRMASTER Airbrush/Compressor System was designed for heavy duty use, and has a built-in air accumulator tank to eliminate pulsation. The cake decorators best. Preferred choice of high volume and in-store bakeries.
The AIRMASTER has a bleed control valve, which allows the user to select a desired airflow. A slight turn of the knob allows you to select low pressure for very delicate work, all the way up to a large overall spray pattern. The AIRMASTER is a sturdy, clean and quiet compressor, fully enclosed and needs no maintenance. This is a piston-type compressor.
This complete airbrush system delivers 10-25 PSI, which is perfect even for fine lines and delicate shadings. This unit will handle even heavier materials, as well as liquid airbrush food colors.
The Kopykake AIRBRUSH is the highest quality, and made of precision machined brass, with chrome-nickel plated finish.
This system is a constant airflow type, which means the user merely adjusts the flow of color by a slight backward movement of the airbrush trigger. None could be easier to use.

Price: $225.00
Code: C3500R
Shipping Weight:9.00lb
Vendor:KopyKakes

In Basket
LL

practiceandpatience Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 3:20am
post #8 of 9

Yes, that is the airbrush that I have, and I LOVE it!!

Sory Posted 24 Sep 2006 , 4:24am
post #9 of 9

Hello, ladies! Thank you very very much!! Now I have an idea of what I want thanks to all of you. I really appreciate your suggestions. I'll let you know how I like it. thumbs_up.gif
Take care.

Bye!
Sory.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%