Questions About Cake Order Forms

Decorating By emi Updated 3 Jul 2005 , 3:01pm by diane

emi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emi Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 4:56am
post #1 of 7

I'm wondering about this.
If you're not legal yet and you are paid for the party cakes ( not wedding ) you make for your family, friends and their friends, do you do the following:
1. use a cake order form
2. do you title that order form with your name
3. do you have a deposit and refund policy
4. when and how do you accept your payment.

6 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 6:31am
post #2 of 7

All I do is no matter who I am making the cake for, I make up a form, and I keep it, it doesnt leave me. I know people who attach the form to the cake after done and let it go that way but I dont. I dont do deposits, I dont do refunds, and I accept payment when they pick up the cake. See I am not real big so to speak, and dont find a need for all of that...if and when I get more orders (when in Virginia) then I will think further.
I also ask their email, and phone number. After I put the cake on the form I email the people and tell them what I have and then tell them to make sure it is what they want and email me back with any changes, or confirmation that the order is ok so I have it. I also will email them 2 days before they pick it up and make sure it is still what they desire, because I have had people want something different and just didnt feel right asking me to change it, so I give them a last chance to do so.....Then if there is a problem (or so they say) I have proof it was what they wanted.

emi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emi Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 7:15am
post #3 of 7

Thanks, Flayvurdfun.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 10:02am
post #4 of 7

No problem I hope I helped a little.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 1:49pm
post #5 of 7

I use the order form book that I brought from Walmart that have the copy to it. When I take the order, I write down everything that they want and have them sign and date it. I give them a call three days before the cake is due to make sure they haven't changed anything or if they still want the cake (been stuckup before). When they pickup or I deliver the cake, I give them one copy and I keep one copy. If I have anything that needs to be returned to me, I put that on the form also.

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 2:26pm
post #6 of 7

I have a form I made up-just basic info but have a place for "NOTES"-any changes etc. If it is a wedding cake I attach it to their contract that I give them a copy of and we both sign it showing it is what they asked for. If there are any changes afterwards-it is noted and an ammended copy is provided-I have them initial my copy when the cake is delivered/picked up so I know what they ordered is what they received. I especially make double sure it is signed for when I have to leave a wedding cake at the reception hall or church-I want it stated it was left in perfect condition and everything they way the bride wanted it before I leave-have heard tooooo many scary stories of what happened after the delivery was done and before the reception...thanks, but no thanks.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 3:01pm
post #7 of 7

i only do it when it's a military function. they need it for their records.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%