Anyone Know How To Start Up A Local Cake Club?

Decorating By frogleggs Updated 5 Jul 2005 , 1:24pm by m0use

frogleggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frogleggs Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 3:20am
post #1 of 4

I would like to start up a cake club in Wichita, KS and would like to know if anyone has ever started one up before? If so, how did you get it started? If you are currently a member, what do you like/dislike about your current/previous cake club. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

God Bless.

3 replies
bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 4

You know i have not done this but I think it is a great idea! Do you know people in the area that are interested in having one? I would think the first thing you would need is a group of people that want to do it. Maybe put fliers out and things in the local papers to get more interest also.
sounds fun! Good luck. Hopefully someone else has more info for you. icon_smile.gif

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 1:27am
post #3 of 4

I would go to Michael's, Hobby Lobby or a local cake supply store & post a poster on the door or somewhere that they permit you to do so.

Also you might place an ad in the local newspaper. I wouldn't give your address or anything just a phone #. You might get a lot of attention from that.

I've been thinking of doing the same thing. I want more hands on learning for myself & after teaching a few things at the Day of Sharing I realized that I like to teach.

Let us know what you decide on~ It sure sounds like a winner! Good luck~

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 4

Also- are you a member of ICES (Internation Cake Exploration Societe)? Contact your state rep for ICES, and I bet they could offer some tips for starting up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%