Baby Shower Cake Idea's

Decorating By CC Updated 20 Jan 2005 , 4:15pm by CC

CC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CC Posted 18 Jan 2005 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 4

Hello,

I am looking for some baby shower cake idea's.....I looked at all the cakes that's posted on the site and found a few good ones.....Just wondering if there's anymore out there.....

Thanks,
CC

3 replies
thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 18 Jan 2005 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 4

If you didn't see anything that wowed you in the gallery go to your browsers search line and type in "shower cakes" or "baby shower cakes" and you'll get lots of sites that have cakes you can look at. If you want fondant cakes put "fondant baby shower cakes" and you'll get fondant shower cakes. Also, try going to Amazon and search for cake decorating books. You can "see what's inside" of some of the books for ideas. It's amazing what you can find.

Good Luck!
Debbie

libysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
libysue Posted 18 Jan 2005 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 4

i've made a few cakes from the baby shower invitation, just copy the design in icing (or b.c. transfer) onto the cake ... not the whole thing, but the main theme (like teddy bear, umbrella, rocking horse whatever the case may be.) i've also made a baby shower quilt ... sure wish i had a pic of it on line. i used a 9x13 cake, "scored" it into an even # of pieces and used a #16 tip with pastel colors to make the patch work designs. i tried to use a different design in each square. another hit was to score the cake (use a #16 tip to make individual squares) and made icing booties in each square. hope i gave you a couple new ideas! best of luck!

CC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CC Posted 20 Jan 2005 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your idea's ladies......I'm sure it will be a big help.

Carla

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%