Pa/nj/ny Support Group?

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 1:29am by Mommaskip

lnb19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lnb19 Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 6:55pm
post #61 of 95

I just joined the myspace group...I'm in nyc....

AmandaInPa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaInPa Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 3:24am
post #62 of 95

Hey guys,

I actually bought a bed from someone in Langhorne once, not too long ago. I might have been just around the corner from ya and didn't even know it lol...

Hey fooby, where did you come from and how hard is it to get your license here in the states?

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 11:47am
post #63 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaInPa

Hey guys,

I actually bought a bed from someone in Langhorne once, not too long ago. I might have been just around the corner from ya and didn't even know it lol...

Hey fooby, where did you come from and how hard is it to get your license here in the states?

Hi Amanda! I'm originally from the Philippines. Been in the states for 3 years. I was able to drive on my first year since I had my international driver's license. After that I was just too lazy to go through the motion of getting one. I will sometime before the year ends. I just can't see myself studying for the written exam. Grrrr icon_lol.gif

MrsTCHJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsTCHJ Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:12pm
post #64 of 95

I'm in Toms River, NJ. Would love to get in on a group of decorators in the area. I'll join the myspace group.

peeps311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peeps311 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:28pm
post #65 of 95

Hi Everyone!
I live up in Sussex County, NJ. I feel like you all when I drive all over the area to deliver people my cakes. So far, just for friends and family. I actually have a cake to deliver all the way down to Atlantic City next month.
I would love to get together and form a cake club with you guys. Maybe we could find a central location or rotate locations. It would be great sharing ideas with you all. [/code]

chrissysconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissysconfections Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:58pm
post #66 of 95

Hey! Great Idea!! I just joined the myspace group!! I live in North East PA not far from the NY border and my MIL lives in Summerville NJ !!

kpargola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpargola Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:19pm
post #67 of 95

HI Everyone,

I'm new at this cake decorating business. I'm not "legal" yet. At this point, I do family birthdays and special occassion cakes for friends and family. Maybe once we get a bigger place (soon i hope). I live in Northeast Philly (near Franklin Mills) about 15 minutes from Langhorne. We are about 5 minutes from the bucks county. I would love to meet others from the area.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:34pm
post #68 of 95

Hey I'll be out at Franklin Mills today.... icon_biggrin.gif

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 2:51pm
post #69 of 95

I am in the Hudson Valley Region of NY. I had the chance to meet a CCer that lives very close to me and it is great, and she is alot of help!

crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 3:17pm
post #70 of 95

I found my contact info for the NJ Confectionary Arts Guild Contact:

President- Robin Guinta 732-388-3867

[email protected]

$30 year for dues- you can mail to

Confectionary Arts Guild
PO Box 339
Garwood, NJ 07027-0339

Next meeting DOS is October 14 with Julie Bashore. Everyone is welcome (from NJ, NY, PA, etc.)

Here is a link to Julie's website
http://www.houseofclarendon.com/

Hope to see some new members! PM me if you have any questons, etc or if you sign up so I will recoginze you and you will have a friendly face in the crowd.

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 6:13pm
post #71 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa043

Ohhh hello. I am from Pleasantville in Westchester County, NY. I've lived there my whole life. But now i live in GA, an hour south of ATL with my hubby (hes in the army). But my whole family still lives in NY and i go up to visit as often as possible. 4-6 times a year...I miss NY sooo much! I'd love to help anyone out when i go up to visit. usaribbon.gif

Hey Melissa,

I grew up in Pleasantville, even went to Pace U, P'ville campus!!! Wow, small world!!!

Toni Ann

vrmcc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vrmcc1 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 6:38pm
post #72 of 95

Hi everyone! I am in Altoona, Pa and my sisters live in Lancaster. Nice to meet everyone. Are any of you who are close to Pittsburg signed up with WedPlan.com? I am and keep getting referrals from out near Pittsuburg but it is just a little farther than I would like to deliver to. It is free to sign up and if your are intrested in more info on a referral they send you it is $2.00 if anyone whats to sign up. I get like 5 a week for out that way.

Val

frostingfairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frostingfairy Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 6:58pm
post #73 of 95

Hi all! I'm in Parsippany, Morris County NJ. I'm pretty new at decorating and totally "illegal", but I'm always good for a quip or an idea if you need it! I'll check out myspace, too.

Erika

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 7:41pm
post #74 of 95

Hey I already have someone who wants me to do a Playboy bunny cake, and I have to decline that for personal reasons.... they want to know if I have any other contacts so....anyone who is interested (I assume they are local, they know I'm in Philly area) PM me with your website or contact info and I'll pass it on to the customer.

Thanks!

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 8:32pm
post #75 of 95

crumbscakeartistry,

Hope 2 see you (all) at the next DOS!

Nice... thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 8:40pm
post #76 of 95

CEC3,
I just pm you, my husband is from Shamkoin and and incorrectly spelled Knoebels! icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif Say hello to Dennis thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

melissa043 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissa043 Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 6:50pm
post #77 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by q2wheels

Hey Melissa,

I grew up in Pleasantville, even went to Pace U, P'ville campus!!! Wow, small world!!!
Toni Ann

Really? Someone who knows pleasantville!! I love it there & cant wait for my hubby to get out of the army so we can move back!! I had soo many friends at Pace & hung out there all the time, it was like my second home. WOOHOO...GO PLEASANTVILLE!

vrmcc1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vrmcc1 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 1:51am
post #78 of 95

If anyone in Pa is Licensed and would like to start a referral system pm me with your business contact info and I will compile a list of whomever would like to participate and pm it back to everyone.

I am near Altoona, Pa and have had people calling from Pittsburg and Reading inquiring about cakes but it is too far. I would love to have people to refer these people too.

Val

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 29 Aug 2007 , 1:50pm
post #79 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumbscakeartistry

Does anyone know of any upcoming events in the area? Anything else to share with the group? Sometimes on CC they tend to fall through the cracks. I know the Mid-Atlantic Show is in April. Anything else to mark on our calendars?

there is one at the Javits center in November...I will be there...

here is the link:
http://www.societeculinaire.com/

Mommaskip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommaskip Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:43pm
post #80 of 95

hey ladies my name is jessica and im in Reading, Pa. Im not licensed yet but as soon as my hubby and i remodel our kitchen im going to get licensed. glad to see more pa ladies here. here is my email and myspace. i also joined the myspace group. [email protected] and www.myspace.com/selpin9

vmertsock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vmertsock Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:11pm
post #81 of 95

hey! I'm in Woodbridge, NJ and but the bakery's in Hoboken! icon_biggrin.gif I joined the myspace group too.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:20pm
post #82 of 95

Hi from good old Brooklyn, NY!! Meanwhile, this is just a very expensive hobby, I've never taken any courses or anything, but nice to meet people from around here!! (mo myspace...)

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:46pm
post #83 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katskakes

I'm also from Central NJ. Would love to know other decorators around.
I can't serve as back up, as i'm not 100% confident of my work to go out there and sell. But i'm here to help otherwise.

a big "ditto" on that too Katskakes! I am also in Central NJ and would love to get to know other decorators in the area but I am not confident enough to be back up icon_cry.gif Any good cake supply stores around here?

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:57pm
post #84 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingme83

im in south jersey right near cherry hill. right across from the bridge to philly.

Im not legal but i do it for fun. Let me know if i can be of assistance.

I'm in the same situation as swingme83 and ladefly. Across the river from Philly in SJ/Sicklerville area.

Passionate hobby baker - and since it's unlikely I'd ever set up a licensed kitchen, I've always wondered if there is anywhere I could work weekends - or just lend a helping hand to another CC'er in the area if they needed it.

Thanks for starting this thread - it's very interesting.

Pat

vmertsock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vmertsock Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:01pm
post #85 of 95

Pat it's too bad you aren't closer! I'm going to start interviewing soon for my assistant! But you're roughly 1:45 from Hoboken aren't you?

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:03pm
post #86 of 95

Hey, All!

Most of you already know I am in downtown Allentown, PA. Would love to get together some time. Autumn would be best for me - by then all the organizing and drape hanging and furniture buying will be done in the new home.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:05pm
post #87 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmertsock

Pat it's too bad you aren't closer! I'm going to start interviewing soon for my assistant! But you're roughly 1:45 from Hoboken aren't you?

You are correct - it's quite a haul up the NJ Turnpike. icon_cry.gif

trumpetmidget Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trumpetmidget Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:19pm
post #88 of 95

Wow - I didn't realize how many of us there are! I live right below Quakertown about 45 minutes from Philly. I will check out the myspace. I don't even know if my myspace is still active. I don't know the last time I checked it. I am legally homebased and would love to have some back ups and be a back up. Good thread, Kitagirl!

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:27pm
post #89 of 95

I'm way in Upstate, NY - Catskill Mountains! I joined the myspace group.

What a great idea!

prncsslmndrps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prncsslmndrps Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 6:01pm
post #90 of 95

I'm in Carbon County, PA. Grew up in Schuylkill County, so I didn't go far, lol. I'm not "legal" and I'm self taught (still learning many, many wonderful things) but I would love to be included icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%