Pa/nj/ny Support Group?

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 1:29am by Mommaskip

CreatedByMe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreatedByMe Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 9:56pm
post #31 of 95

even closer to your hometown-River Vale. Spent many a day/night in pearl river-irish dancing (and later on in life at the saloon) icon_wink.gif

tara

karapags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karapags Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 10:25pm
post #32 of 95

I am from Cream Ridge, N.J. Monmouth County

mawagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawagner Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 10:36pm
post #33 of 95

I'm in Lancaster, PA. I wouldn't be able to offer any support but would love to meet others in the area!

KellyAnne1284 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyAnne1284 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 11:20pm
post #34 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatedByMe

even closer to your hometown-River Vale. Spent many a day/night in pearl river-irish dancing (and later on in life at the saloon) icon_wink.gif

tara

I have spent many a night at the saloon myself. O'Mally's up the street, too....great irish food there. =0)

Sandra80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandra80 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 11:30pm
post #35 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyV

I could throw up a group on myspace if anyone is on there

i'm on there too. my screenmane there is cakesbysandra

CoreyV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoreyV Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 4:49am
post #36 of 95

http://groups.myspace.com/CakeCentralMeetUp

OK here is a myspace group for us... hope a lot of the cake central crew is on Myspace as well. It is a start and we can go from here

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 4:07pm
post #37 of 95

I am not able to be on myspace, but if anyone needs help or whatever, let me know.
mary

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 4:18pm
post #38 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamas

Hi!

I have friends in PA and Central Jersey who I can stay with if I go visit you guys icon_biggrin.gif

I on the other hand am in Brooklyn, NY. and I am not even close to being confident enough to finish up someone else's work. I will be soon though icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Networking is a really cool idea

You would be very handy, I get several requests from NYC but that's just too far for someone to drive usually or for me to deliver (charge is too high) that far.

My decorating is very basic right now. But if you get any requests that you think I would be able to handle (pictures in my gallery) pass them along!

September is shot though. There are three of us in my group of friends that had children in the month of September and this year we are all having our parties on the 22nd and I will be making cupcakes for all! Pray for me! In the beginning of September I have a sweet sixteen for my husband's sixteen year old cousin and thankfully they get a cake included with the hall because I would never have been paid what I should have been for that one but they do want me to bake and individually package cookies for all 160 of their guests. Please pray for me.

September is going to be a tough month. I will be doing nothing before and after these jobs so I can try and regroup for the Holloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's Rush

MAGGISMITH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MAGGISMITH Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 4:33pm
post #39 of 95

I'm in South Jersey, Long Beach Island area. Let me know if you get any groups going! Maybe we can rally and get "legal" in the state of NJ.

Mamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamas Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 4:34pm
post #40 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyV

http://groups.myspace.com/CakeCentralMeetUp

OK here is a myspace group for us... hope a lot of the cake central crew is on Myspace as well. It is a start and we can go from here

I used to be computer savvy back int he 80's icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif but I am a complete spaz when it comes to things like MySpace so I created a profile and joined the group but now what . . .?

AmandaInPa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaInPa Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 9:12pm
post #41 of 95

Hi BrickFlor,

I live in Eagleville, not too far from Phoenixville. I can't finish anyone's cake or anything yet, but I'd love to have a support group of some kind, that would be fun!

jobartwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobartwo Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 2:25am
post #42 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaInPa

Hi BrickFlor,

I live in Eagleville, not too far from Phoenixville. I can't finish anyone's cake or anything yet, but I'd love to have a support group of some kind, that would be fun!

Hi Amanda, I used to live in Eagleville, now I am in Limerick. Do you sell your cakes or is it just a hobby. Mine is just a hobby but want to get better, would love a group near us.

AmandaInPa Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 2:40am
post #43 of 95

Hi jobartwo,

It is just a hobby for me, I don't get to do it very often, but am hoping to do it much more in the future. I am in the process of becoming a volunteer cake baker for a hospice in Plymouth Meeting. You make birthday cakes once a month or so, I thought that would be something cool to do. I also want to start decorating for the holidays as they come as well. I liked taking the baking classes in culinary school, but in the culinary program we could only take three baking classes and they were the same for everybody icon_sad.gif, so I didn't get to learn as much as I would've liked. Maybe someday I can go back and take some more classes or take the Wilton classes. I've been around Limerick a little, it would be nice to get a small group together to just hang out and bake cakes and stuff. We could swap ideas or go out for lunch or help each other out or whatever.

valora387 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valora387 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 4:37am
post #44 of 95

Ok, I joined the myspace group, too! icon_biggrin.gif

melissa043 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissa043 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 4:56am
post #45 of 95

Ohhh hello. I am from Pleasantville in Westchester County, NY. I've lived there my whole life. But now i live in GA, an hour south of ATL with my hubby (hes in the army). But my whole family still lives in NY and i go up to visit as often as possible. 4-6 times a year...I miss NY sooo much! I'd love to help anyone out when i go up to visit. usaribbon.gif

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 2:27pm
post #46 of 95

I live in Sussex county nj- just joined myspace. If I can help in anyway please do not hesitate to contact me. thumbs_up.gif

swingme83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
swingme83 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 2:43pm
post #47 of 95

im in south jersey right near cherry hill. right across from the bridge to philly.

Im not legal but i do it for fun. Let me know if i can be of assistance.

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:01pm
post #48 of 95

I'm at West Point, NY. Not sure if we are considered Rockland County or Orange County. I'm working on getting legal. Don't have a page on MySpace. Great idea to start this thread! thumbs_up.gif
usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif

SMRturtle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SMRturtle Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:02pm
post #49 of 95

I'm in NY- out on the North fork of Long Island.

I'm not "legal" either but I'm here if you ever need any advice or just to vent!

CEC3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CEC3 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:06pm
post #50 of 95

Hi I'm from Shamokin, PA about 1 hour's drive North from Harrisburg. And any of you who heard of been to Knoebels Amusement Park. I'm 15 minutes there and also work there.

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:08pm
post #51 of 95

I'm so glad I came across this thread! icon_biggrin.gif I'm in Howell, NJ - Monmouth County. I'm not currently on My Space, but I'll go take a look at the link.

crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:57pm
post #52 of 95

Does anyone in our "group" have a shop? I would love to visit and give referrals to someone that is legal since I am not.

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 4:19pm
post #53 of 95

Havertown, PA here! Just 6 miles away from Center City and a stone's throw away from the Blue Route. I'd love to meet people with the same hobby. Kitagirl, it would be great to see you in action. Maybe I can apprentice with you and learn a few tricks of the trade icon_lol.gif

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 4:21pm
post #54 of 95

I live in Atlantic county, NJ. Id love to help any way I can. Id like to be on my space,can someone guide me through it?? email me @ [email protected] if you can help me. Thanks

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 5:07pm
post #55 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooby

Havertown, PA here! Just 6 miles away from Center City and a stone's throw away from the Blue Route. I'd love to meet people with the same hobby. Kitagirl, it would be great to see you in action. Maybe I can apprentice with you and learn a few tricks of the trade icon_lol.gif

You'd laugh! I sure don't look like a pro!

I just do it at home in Lwr Bucks Co....

AmandaInPa Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 10:38pm
post #56 of 95

Hi fooby,

Isn't Havertown right by Radnor? I used to see a doc around that area, not all that far from Eagleville. I am less than 20 miles from center city. I could use a mentor too...

fooby Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 2:46pm
post #57 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaInPa

Hi fooby,

Isn't Havertown right by Radnor? I used to see a doc around that area, not all that far from Eagleville. I am less than 20 miles from center city. I could use a mentor too...

Yeah, Radnor's close by!! It's like 2 exits from me. Wanna raid Kitagirl's home and apprentice with her? icon_biggrin.gif

fooby Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 2:52pm
post #58 of 95
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooby

You'd laugh! I sure don't look like a pro!

I just do it at home in Lwr Bucks Co....

You can do it anywhere you like and I'd still watch. Your cakes are awesome!! So whereabouts in Lower Bucks Co are you? icon_biggrin.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 4:50pm
post #59 of 95

You girls are too funny!

I live in Langhorne a few miles from the Oxford Valley Mall/Sesame Place.

fooby Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 6:23pm
post #60 of 95
Quote:

You girls are too funny!

I live in Langhorne a few miles from the Oxford Valley Mall/Sesame Place.

Cool. That's about 40 miles away. Not too bad. Just like going to South Jersey. Hey AmandaInPa, maybe you can swing by my place and pick me up? icon_lol.gif Since I'm too lazy to get my driver's license he he! Sucks when you've been driving for more than 20 years and you come to the states and you have to start from scratch just to get a stinking license icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%