Any Nascar Fans Out There??

Lounge By Rosie_from_MD Updated 4 Aug 2007 , 11:35am by vitade

Rosie_from_MD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie_from_MD Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 1:33am
post #1 of 19

I was just thinking that the droves(sp?) of fans that will be in Indianapolis this weekend for the Brickyard 400! Indydebi I feel for you!!! We have awful traffic where I am when they race at Dover! But at least I don't do any cakes those weekends! I'm one of those crazy people helping cause the traffic jam! Go Kurt Busch!!!!!!!!!

18 replies
mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:22am
post #2 of 19

Blech Kurt Bush....LOL just kidding.......I am a JR fan myself....but I dont really mind any of the young guys. Cute guys and fast cars......

My DH and I were just watching a special about Nascar tonight, it was interesting.....

sweetsbycheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbycheryl Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 12:03pm
post #3 of 19

GO JEFF GORDON!! I am countimg the days until Richmond in Sept.- DH and I have had our tickets for a month-

He's a JR. fan too!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 12:42pm
post #4 of 19

JR fans here at this household. We watch them on Sundays.

But guess what..... My sister and her husband are awesome. They bought us tix to see the race in Louden, NH this Sept. I am so excited.!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Can't wait. made a race track cake long time ago, (when JR crashed his car on the last lap). Was such a hit. icon_redface.gif

I will be one of those people in THAT traffic jam then.
YEE-HAW!!!!!!!

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 19

My DH & I are big Dale Jr fans! We're going to the fall race in Charlotte and Martinsville. We also got to see the Spring races at Charlotte and Martinsville.
Leslie

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 19

RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 11:30pm
post #7 of 19

I am by default - DH is a big NASCAR fan and I have to admit it's grown on me. Even when he's not home if there's a race I find myself putting it on the channel. I won't sit and watch it, but I'll listen during the race and make sure I see who wins.

We went to Taladega once and I was very impressed. Watching it on TV is nothing like being there.

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 9:02am
post #8 of 19

Ok gotta add in on this one. DH was a Dale SR fan. But then after he past away he didn't really know who to follow. He kind of wanted to go for JR. (which is DS fav) but he wanted someone that has earned his way so to speak. Don't get me wrong if JR is doing good he will pull for him UNLESS CARL EDWARDS is up there. That is who he goes for now.

And we were fortunate to see him last weekend here in Nebraska. I am sure if you all follow Nascar you know he was here and wrecked on the dirt track and dislocated his thumb. It was an AWESOME experience for us. We can't afford to go to a NASCAR race. But when we found out he was coming to Nebraska to the dirt track and do an autogragh session it kind of feel into place. And we were able to go. He is such a HOTTIE up close and personal LOL. I was so sad to see him get caught up in the wreck. We were sitting right across the track in the stands in front of his trailer. He did alittle race against his DAD and brother. That was real fun to watch. He was having a great time. And they had a drawing and 3 people got to ride around the track with him for 5 laps. When everyone of them got out of the car they talked to them. All they could say was that was AWESOME.

On a side note I go for Biffle just to get to my DH. But I really go for CARL also. Or any other young HOTTIE LOL

juro1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juro1234 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 2:37pm
post #9 of 19

We love NASCAR in our house too. Thank goodness there is a race this week. It is really boring the weekends there is not a race and I wouldn't want to have to clean my house 2 Sundays in a row icon_smile.gif

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 11:39am
post #10 of 19

kaychristensen, we are HUGE Dale Sr fans. We were actually at the race in Daytona when he was killed. It was TERRIBLE. We still can't believe it.

We still follow NASCAR and hpe that Dale Jr would carry on but...with the last turn of events involving DEI, I have no clue what will happen to his legacy. That's ashame.

That being said, I also (personally go for Ryan Newman!!)

shelleylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelleylynn Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:39pm
post #11 of 19

GO JR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just really hope he keeps the 8!!!!!!!

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 5:19pm
post #12 of 19

Big racing family here too. Always have been as far back as I can remember. My personal all time favorite is Mark Martin icon_lol.gif But I cheer for Jr. and Tony Stewart as well thumbs_up.gif K'ly

kaychristensen Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 7:30am
post #13 of 19

vitade I could only imagine being at the race track that day. I would have been horrific. I know just finding out about it at our home was devating. Our family and friends called to see how Mike was doing. I know that sounds DUMB to some. But you are talking about a grown man who never shows much emotion. And lost a hero of his and our family knew it would affect him HUGE. And it did. So I can only imagine how traumatic it would have been to be there. Heres a hug for you and your family.

And with Dale Jr it maybe a good thing for him to break away and make it on his own. Dale's legacy will go on but in a different way. Yes Dale Sr. built DEI but why can't Jr build his own as well. And he has taken a leap and went out on his own. He is maturing which any father would be proud of. He wants to win and he needs to be happy and not stressed doing it. Not saying there is no stress in NASCAR icon_lol.gif But the burden to live up to expectations is huge if he is with DEI. Ok I will add one more thing FREE THE 8 LOL I really would like him to keep his #

OK I will get off my box now LOL

OK on to fun stuff What a race last weekend????

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 10:18pm
post #14 of 19

DH was and still is a RUSTY WALLACE fan although he no longer races. I have spent way too much money on Rusty Wallace shirts, coats, etc. and it sucks that he retired. I had never watched a race in my life before I met DH and boy did it grow on me. We still love Rusty but now we root for Kurt Busch. Go KURT!!!!!!

vitade Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 11:35am
post #15 of 19

My SIL's SIL is a HUGE Dale Jr. fan.

When her brother met her, he got sucked into it. lol. I mean, I don't think I've ever, I mean EVER seen them without having a jr. shirt on or earrings, purse, key chain or....you name it. Really.

When they got married, it was a jr. wedding. Not kidding. They waited to get married until the 8th fell on a Saturday. There colors were red, white and black. They went to a NASCAR race event for their honeymoon. I can't even remember now what else but, ever detail was based around Jr. Cool for them because they are VERY into Jr. They'll leave family events if a race is on and they can't watch it there.

Hey, whatever makes a person happy, right.

kaychristensen Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 10:22am
post #16 of 19

That is so crazy with Dale and the #8. You know in retrospect with the commercials abotu a year ago. You know the ones where he was joking about changing his number. And the people with tatoos and the hedge with the #8. Now that is a possible reality. So what do they think of the possible change of his #?? I really hope he can keep the 8. My DS is going to put FREE THE *8 on the car as a protest. LOL But no one but the people in our small podunk town will see it. Maybe we should take a pic and send it to Teresa.. LOL

vitade Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 11:13am
post #17 of 19

LOL, not to happy about it. But atleast Bud is going with him. All they hope, is that this move will help him to win more races! He needs to "get it together".

kaychristensen Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 4:17am
post #18 of 19

I agree he needs to get it together. And it should be a good move for him. But I think Bud pulled out the last I knew.

vitade Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 11:35am
post #19 of 19

Is it official now? Well, maybe now standing alone from all that has "built" him up over the years, he can start with a fresh career and come out strong.

I wish him the bestest! I think his fans will follow him...and redecorate their "lives". lol.

Hey, it just like any other sport. Sometimes players get traded. Same dif.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%