Decorating By Melvira Updated 13 Feb 2011 , 11:06pm by solascakes

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 12:51am
post #181 of 205

hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

cakesbykitty Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 2:23am
post #182 of 205

I just used my new roller to do this cake and I LOVE IT!
LL

makincakeintx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makincakeintx Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 2:38am
post #183 of 205

OK that's it. I am going to get me a roller tomorrow. I have been putting it off for no good reason just wouldn't go get it. But the finish on that cake did it!!! Look how smoooooth it is. I am just green! By the way that cake is awesome. I will have to steal that idea as we are cleaning out the garage and reorganizing the storage buildings next weekend. This looks like the perfect treat for everyone.

Thanks for the great idea!!!

jillchap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillchap Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 2:40am
post #184 of 205

i've used this on my last two cakes and it is AWESOME!! thanks Melvira!
I picked mine up at the dollar store... and I'm recommending it to all my cakey friends icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 31 Oct 2006 , 3:41am
post #185 of 205

Alaskanmom, you may love the roller... I love your CAKE!! icon_eek.gif That is wickedly awesome! I am thrilled to see your results. icon_lol.gif

Alison01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alison01 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 4:41am
post #186 of 205

Wow...I just found this thread!! I have been using the Viva method and sometimes it works great, and sometimes not so great! I will be calling my boyfriend in the morning to tell him to bring me one of these...he owns a paint store, so hopefully they would have one!! I will be trying this out Friday night!!!!

wilmaryck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wilmaryck Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 2:04pm
post #187 of 205

would love to have info on how to use use roller for smoothing sounds wonderful would you care to share? email me at [email protected] look foward to hearing from you. great cakes by the way icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 2:29pm
post #188 of 205

Hey Wilmaryck, I believe the instructions are listed in my first post at the beginning of this thread, but I would be happy to email you as well! Give my just a minute!

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 2:46pm
post #189 of 205

I tried the roller and WOOHOO!! It was great! LOOOVE it! The cake itself gave me all kinds of fits-icing separated and fell off cake! But after I added another 1/2 lb of ps and put in on the cake it turned out really nice. The people were happy with it and gave me a $10 tip! You rock!
LL

Melvira Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 2:50pm
post #190 of 205

That is simlply beautiful! So elegant looking, what a great job!!

cncgirl00 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 2:56pm
post #191 of 205

Thanks! You're being too nice, Melvira! It's far from elegant and I can see mistakes that I made. But for only decorating seriously for about 6 months, I'm proud of it!

Melvira Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 3:07pm
post #192 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncgirl00

Thanks! You're being too nice, Melvira! It's far from elegant and I can see mistakes that I made. But for only decorating seriously for about 6 months, I'm proud of it!

You are being too hard on yourself! We are our own worst critics, but I think it looks elegant. The little dancer surrounded by all your flowers and scrolls is just precious! You should be proud!!

cncgirl00 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 3:27pm
post #193 of 205

Thank you. I guess you're right. We all pick our own cakes apart and everyone else seems to love them. Your technique has gone a long way to making me feel better about my cakes, though.

Melvira Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 3:49pm
post #194 of 205

Aw... bless you! icon_redface.gif I can't even adequately express how that makes me feel! Sheer joy to think I have helped you at all!

Melvira Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 3:50pm
post #195 of 205

Hey, since a lot of you guys have tried this method and like it, would you be willing to help me with some documentation? It's here...

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-464970.html#464970

TIA, you guys rule!!

cakesbykitty Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 5:43pm
post #196 of 205

that ballerina cake is just darling! you did a really nice job!

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 5:54pm
post #197 of 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Why are you smoothing your cakes? icon_confused.gif The ones at the store don't look like that? icon_confused.gif Can you say, "DUH?!" I think he answered his own question just then! Bless the men that don't 'get it'. I don't get how they can sit and watch football for 12 hours in a row without moving, so I guess we're even. icon_razz.gif

So funny. My DH is always crossing his eyes at me when I come up with new fangled ways to create a cake. Your ideas keep me inspired. Wish I could have the chance to watch you in action, I bet I would learn alot!

cncgirl00 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 5:56pm
post #198 of 205

Thank you so much! I'm still really hard on myself because I'm still learning. But the people on cake central are great. Without all these great tips and words of encouragement, most of us newbies would have given up long ago.

Melvira Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 6:01pm
post #199 of 205

Oh Dizzymaiden, believe me... there are a LOT more talented people here that you would learn more from!! I'm just trying to keep up the best I can! icon_wink.gif I just have a good idea once in a while that pans out!! icon_redface.gif

cncgirl00 Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 6:11pm
post #200 of 205

Now who's being hard on themselves? Take you own advice-be proud of your cakes. As Tony the Tiger says, "They're Great!". LOL

Melvira Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 6:26pm
post #201 of 205

Touche!! You win! And I am proud, I just don't want to be VAIN!! haha!

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 6:30pm
post #202 of 205

looks like this is the total opposite of the

"What You Don't Want To Share" thread.
icon_rolleyes.gif

aggiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiecakes Posted 1 Nov 2006 , 11:20pm
post #203 of 205

Tried the "melvira method" this weekend on my halloween cake and am hooked!! It was awesome. I actually let people use my Viva papertowels after making this cake with the roller. I will post a picture later. My regular computer crashed the other day so I cannot upload pics right now, but the cake turned out great - maybe my best work yet!! Thanks Melvira!!

Alison01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alison01 Posted 2 Nov 2006 , 1:36pm
post #204 of 205

well, My boyfriend comes over to my house last night with 2, 4, and 6 inch rollers! I was so excited...I get to try this out tomorrow night!!!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 11:06pm
post #205 of 205

I'm yet to try this, but will do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%