Chocolate Buttercream ?

Decorating By Jadensmom Updated 27 Jul 2007 , 2:22am by evesloven

Jadensmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jadensmom Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 12:13am
post #1 of 7

What chocolate buttercream recipe does everyone love? I need one for the cake I am making this weekend.

6 replies
kchart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kchart Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 12:21am
post #2 of 7

i too would love the answer to this!!

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 12:22am
post #3 of 7

I just add 3/4 - 1C of cocoa to my regular buttercream. You may need to add a little more liquid to this. Ijust use water, so I add a little bit until I get the consistency I want.

darkchocolate

P.S. It is all a matter of preference, but I prefer 1/2 regular cocoa and 1/2 dark cocoa.

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 12:22am
post #4 of 7

I only use the Perfectly Chocolate Frosting recipe from the back of the Hershey's Cocoa can. I double it to make enough to ice smooth and add borders and decorations. It has a great chocolate flavor and it's really easy to work with. It sets up fast so keep the bowl covered with a wet paper towel and when icing smooth your cake work quickly. It works perfectly for roses and borders, too. You can use it just like buttercream.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:05am
post #5 of 7

I make and use the buttercream dream recipe and add 6 squares of the unsweetend bakers chocolate that has been melted in the microwave. Tastes great but can get thick so I add a little more liquid when I add the chocoalte!

Next time I need to make chocolate buttercream, I amgoing to add fudge I use as ice cream topping that I love. Can't wait to try it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darkchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darkchocolate Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:15am
post #6 of 7

wendyintx,

Does your buttercream crust good after adding the unsweetened bakers chocolate?

Thanks!
darkchocolate

evesloven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evesloven Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 2:22am
post #7 of 7

I use the 1/2 butter, 1/2 crisco buttercream recipe...but then I melt and add 1/2 a bar of German Chocolate squares to the "wet" mixture before adding the Meringue powder and Powdered Sugar. This stuff tastes DELICIOUS!! It sets well and decorates well..I LOVE IT!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%