Super Chocolate Cake?

Baking By SJBequeath Updated 25 Sep 2006 , 5:30am by ttatummm

SJBequeath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJBequeath Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 2:45am
post #1 of 13

Hi!

I am making a baby shower cake and need to know the richest most chocolatey cake out there! Hopefully not containing coffee or expresso (Mom-to-be is sensitive to it).

Thank you.

12 replies
boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 3:05am
post #2 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJBequeath

Hi!

I am making a baby shower cake and need to know the richest most chocolatey cake out there! Hopefully not containing coffee or expresso (Mom-to-be is sensitive to it).

Thank you.

Chocolate mudcakes are very chocolatey, especially if you tort them and fill them with chocolate ganache.
Here is my recipe, please note that the baking temperature should be 160degrees celcius and not 180.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2107-2-Dark-Chocolate-Mudcake.html

cheers
Nati

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 3:12am
post #3 of 13

I am telling you that the absolute best chocolate cake is found on the back of the Hershey Cocoa container. EVERY time I make that cake everyone LOVES!!!!!!!! IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can even sub. dark chocolate cocoa for regular cocoa, but you don't need to. I also make the icing on the back as well - very rich and thick - so thin as desired. This is my most requested chocolate cake!

Even my nonchocolate lover friends (Can you imagine such a person! icon_eek.gif ) love this cake!!!

bbarnes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbarnes Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 3:13am
post #4 of 13

I love The Cake Mix Doctor recipe called Darn Good Chocolate Cake, I think it is also posted here in the recipes and like booneati stated about filling with ganache. Good luck I can't wait to see what people post for recipes. I'm a Sucker for chocolate.

tiffy76620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffy76620 Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 6:22am
post #5 of 13

THe best chocolate cake for me, is in the recipe section called DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!! Very moist and YUMMY!!!!!

aobodessa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aobodessa Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 6:56am
post #6 of 13

No, no, no, you're all wrong.....the best chocolate cake is my Fudge Chocolate Chunk cake. I will have to dig it out of a box (we moved recently and I have not unpacked my huge library of cookbooks).

Anyone who wants the recipe, please PM me and I will happily provide.

MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 7:03am
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmilligan

I am telling you that the absolute best chocolate cake is found on the back of the Hershey Cocoa container. EVERY time I make that cake everyone LOVES!!!!!!!! IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can even sub. dark chocolate cocoa for regular cocoa, but you don't need to. I also make the icing on the back as well - very rich and thick - so thin as desired. This is my most requested chocolate cake!

Even my nonchocolate lover friends (Can you imagine such a person! icon_eek.gif ) love this cake!!!

could we have this recipe please? I've seen a few posts on here recommending it but as I'm in the UK we can't buy herseys cocoa

chestercheeto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chestercheeto Posted 23 Sep 2006 , 10:31pm
post #8 of 13

here's the recipe for Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake. i'm making this cake next week for a little boy's birthday. his mom already taste-tested it and liked it, said it was very moist. i'm pairing it with Chocolate Syrup Frosting. it will be my first time using it, so hopefully it's yummy like everyone says.

http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipes/detail.asp?id=184&page=1&per=10&keyword=perfectly%20chocolate

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 12:25am
post #9 of 13

I agree! The chocolate cake on the back of the Hershey's can is the best!!! Everyone loves it!!!

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 12:31am
post #10 of 13

This is a great recipe. Make it with hot water instead of hot coffee if the MTB is sensitive. It's the bomb-diggity.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/101275

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 12:52am
post #11 of 13

Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake and their Black Magic Cake are almost identical, one uses boiling water the other hot coffee. The epicurious recipe is almost the same too, however it is a larger recipe and uses a second chocolate. I like both the Hershey recipes-although I like the one with coffee a bit better. Just reading through the Epicurious recipe, I'm sure that one is also excellent.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 4:58am
post #12 of 13

i personally love scott wooley's chocolate fudge brownie cake...just checked the recipe and it is somewhat similair to the epcurious one. gonna have to give that one a try as well.

ttatummm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttatummm Posted 25 Sep 2006 , 5:30am
post #13 of 13

I agree with txkat. The Double Chocolate Cake on epicurious is amazing. Use a very good natural cocoa powder and you can't beat the flavor.

It is very moist and stays that way for a long time. The only way I know that is stays fresh for a long time is a cupcake I made with the recipes got lost in the back of the frig and two weeks later tasted great!

I'm sure it would still be great without the coffee.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%