Traveling With Cake Decorating Supplies...

Decorating By pump_jc Updated 3 Jul 2005 , 4:54pm by stephanie214

pump_jc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pump_jc Posted 2 Jul 2005 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 8

Has anyone flown with your cake decorating tips in your carry on luggage? I'm leaving for Maryland this afternoon and I want to know if they're going to give me a hassle about taking the tips on the plane in my carry-on bag....

Thanks!

~Jamie

7 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 2 Jul 2005 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 8

I don't know about this Jamie, and would be afraid to hazard a guess...could you just put them in a small bag and keep them separate so maybe they wouldn't have to dig them out? That might save some time, but they still might not accept them!

Sorry I can't be more help, but this will keep the post moving up in line for somebody else to answer! Have a great trip! Janice

ump107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ump107 Posted 2 Jul 2005 , 3:51pm
post #3 of 8

You could try to get a hold of the TSA office at the airport ask them what they think, make sure you get a name of who you speak to, even meet with that person at the airport to help you through. You could try to go early to see what they think and worse come to worse depending on when you need your supplies you could try overnight express them to yourself in Maryland if you have the time.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 2 Jul 2005 , 7:55pm
post #4 of 8

I flew to Florida in April to do my cousin's wedding cake and did not want to take any chances that I would get held up in security so I packed all my supplies into a plastic bin with a lid and put it in my checked luggage. When I got to Florida, I had a notice that they had searched my bag (probably due to all that metal!!). Everything made it just fine in the checked luggage. Have a good trip!

littlebubbieschocolates Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebubbieschocolates Posted 2 Jul 2005 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 8

i have yet to fly but i would put in it in ur checked luggage just in case.

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 2 Jul 2005 , 10:17pm
post #6 of 8

I agree with checked luggage.

Bettye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettye Posted 2 Jul 2005 , 10:28pm
post #7 of 8

My daughter just flew to Chicago with tips and my entire tackle box checked. The same thing happened to her as dodibug, they put a note in her bag stating they had searched it but all was OK and in order. thumbs_up.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 3 Jul 2005 , 4:54pm
post #8 of 8

I had to take food with me when I went to GA. They can not find scrapple, sausage, etc. there so I have to take it to them. I had it in a tote bag that will keep food hot or cold and when I opened the bag, I also had a note about them checking.

Without a doubt, the medal is going to set an alarm off, it should be okay when they open and look.

I was able to get on with my cigarette lighter in my purse. My sister flew in from TX with large nail clipper type knife in her pocketbook and they didn't say anything and didn't even take it from her!!!! security, go figure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%