Fancy Nancy Birthday Cake

Decorating By katro Updated 19 Sep 2007 , 5:38pm by Leapfrog

katro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katro Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 14

My 4 to 5 year old is in love with the childrens book Fancy Nancy (it really is a cute book....the first 50 times we read it!!!) She is having a Fancy party where her friends will come dressed in fancy clothes and we will have fancy accessories for them ect ect. but I wanted a cute idea for the cake. I really am only going to need cake for about 10 people so I was thinking a 9" round or something. Anyone familar with the book have any cute ideas???

thanks

13 replies
mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 14

Sounds very cute! And fancy! LOL

No, I'm not familiar with the book...but I was thinking...instead of a cake, why don't you do mini cupcakes, or petit fours, or mini cakes - since you don't need a lot of servings...and you could make those all quite "fancy" icon_lol.gif

Just my 2 cents! Have fun with it!

icon_biggrin.gif

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 14

OMG - this is going to be so freakin cute!!!! I love this book. When is the cake "due"? I will have to think about it - I am really terrible at coming up with ideas, but DH is pretty good at it. Maybe we can brainstorm together and I'll post later what we come up with (if anything). I love Fancy Nancy (did I already say that?) I can't wait to see this - what a good idea. thumbs_up.gif

CustomCakesBySharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CustomCakesBySharon Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 14

i'm not familiar with the book either, but i'm thinking a hat box with a string of pearls coming out, white gloves, etc thumbs_up.gif i also like the petit fours idea

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 14

OMG, what a cute cute cake idea!!! I would do a round cake with a polka dot ribbon and bow around it and on top I would do a RI tiara with nu silver dust and some accesories (your DD favs) made out of fondant. OR I would also keep the round with polka dot ribbon idea and on top do an edible image, maybe you DD's fav picture on the book and put that on top and just a small RI tiara, simple yet very FANCY!
God, can't wait to have a little girl, I have a 4 soon to be 5 boy! He is into Hot Wheels....
Good luck and please please post a pic when you are done.

Wjk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wjk Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 7:47pm
post #6 of 14

Does your dd have a favorite Fancy Nancy book? You could base it around one.

or

You could put a boa around the board. Maybe do jewels and pearls on the side or a RI tiara. Can you mould sunglasses and high heels out of gumpaste? On top could be her coat rack with all the fancy hats an purses on it.

Those are just some idea. Hope it helped.

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 7:49pm
post #7 of 14

How about a tea party theme and you could make a tea pot cake.

katro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katro Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 8:44pm
post #8 of 14

Thanks for the help I think i will add lot of accessories to the cake made out of gum past and I really like the idea of the boa around the cake board. I have a great vision now of what it can be, now I just have to make it happen. I still have two weeks so I'll post when the day come.
Thank you

CustomCakesBySharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CustomCakesBySharon Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 12:56pm
post #9 of 14

make sure to post pics here! thumbs_up.gif

Leapfrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leapfrog Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 5:55am
post #10 of 14

Hi Katro -
I am hosting a Fancy Nancy party for my soon-to-be 4 year old and found this web site while looking for inspiration for a cake . . . have you made your cake? How did it turn out? Would love to hear about it and see a photo!

I'm leaning toward making some kind of tiara with a boa around the base and a big feather ("plume"!) coming out the top, but glittery sun glasses or a "posh puppy" with a fancy collar are options, too. Of course we are also having make your own parfaits icon_smile.gificon_cool.gif

Leapfrog Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 5:00am
post #11 of 14

Hello - In case anyone else is looking for ideas for a Fancy Nancy cake, this is what I ended up doing. It was quite successful with 4 year olds icon_rolleyes.gif
LL

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:16pm
post #12 of 14

I'd probably do something like a hatbox cake for a Fancy Nancy party.

BTW - it's one of my dd's (5 yo) FAVORITE books icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif.

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 14 Sep 2007 , 2:39pm
post #13 of 14

Leapfrog, I think your Fancy Nancy cake turned out great!!! Thanks for posting.

Leapfrog Posted 19 Sep 2007 , 5:38pm
post #14 of 14

Thanks nrctermite - Forgot to mention that we put a sparkler in the shape of a 4 at the top. Kids thought that was pretty cool, too icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%