Has Anyone Tried Chef Master No-Fade Purple, No-Fade Pink!!

Decorating By Tscookies Updated 31 Jul 2008 , 7:55pm by varika

Tscookies  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tscookies Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 6

I just discovered these colors available from sweetc.com. Maybe I'm in a skeptical mood, but they sound too good to be true!! Has anyone tried them? Do they really prevent colors from fading? What icings have you tried them in? I want to order these right away ... but I'm so tired of spending $$ on things that don't work properly, so I would love to hear if someone has already tried them!

5 replies
 beachcakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 6

Sorry, I've never heard of them, but it sounds very interesting!!! Here's a bump!

CakeDesigns  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 6

I'm very insterested in hearing from someone regarding these. Anyone out there has use them?

DianeLM  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 6

I use them and they work GREAT! The only hitch is, the colors are rather muted. The pink is kind of a mauve and the purple is like a dark lavender. I do like to mix the Chefmaster with other shades of pinks and purples. It really does help prevent fading!

jibbies  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 6

I've not had problems with my pinks at all. the only problem I have is with purple turning blue in the sunlight but that can be stopped by using water instead of milk in your recipe.

Jibbies

varika  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 31 Jul 2008 , 7:55pm
post #6 of 6

I don't know about the no-fade colors, but I've used Chefmaster soft-gels and they come out beautifully. I got a brilliant ruby red from their no-taste Tulip Red that really didn't taste, and a gorgeous sapphire blue from their royal blue. The colors on those didn't fade but they didn't really have time to! icon_lol.gif The cake was gone as soon as I let it be cut!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%