Chocolate Cool Whip...

Decorating By SILVERCAT Updated 25 Jul 2007 , 1:50pm by danar217

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:27pm
post #1 of 7

Hey everyone! I need some help with my cool whip. I need to have chocolate cool whip but cant seem to find it this time of the year. I have picked up some regular flavored cool whip and was wondering if anyone has added chocolate syrup to make it chocolate flavored? Please help I need this to for my first ice cream cake and I want to be able to deliver this sucker today! Thanks for the help Megan

6 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:35pm
post #2 of 7

I think chocolate syrup would make it too runny... maybe cocoa powder, or powdered Nestle Quick?? I use the Quick for my chocolate fondant and it is GOOD!

Sun11598 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sun11598 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 7

I've flavored coolwhip using dry pudding mix before - or even mixed up pudding (usually use a little less milk than what it calls for - and then it needs time to 'set up' after it's all mixed). I haven't used it for an ice cream cake tho - I use it in my 'dirt pie'.

SILVERCAT Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:40pm
post #4 of 7

How much cocoa powder do you use??

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:42pm
post #5 of 7

I've never heard of chocolate cool whip sold in stores! I've never tried to make it; but I'm sure watching this thread for replies!

SILVERCAT Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:47pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLinda

I've never heard of chocolate cool whip sold in stores! I've never tried to make it; but I'm sure watching this thread for replies!

Yes they actually make all different flavored cool whip, just depends on the season!

danar217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danar217 Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 1:50pm
post #7 of 7

I love choc. cool whip.
I've made it with pudding before. Mix your box of chocolate pudding with 1/2 cup of milk. Mix with hand mixer until well blended, will be very thick, then fold in your cool whip. It tastes great! It will be darker brown though than store bought choc. cool whip. And don't use skim milk, for some reason it makes it look grainy, I use 2% or whole.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%