Bomb Scare.....

Lounge By BeckySue Updated 30 Jul 2007 , 7:03pm by BeckySue

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 6:50am
post #1 of 12

My DH works at Hill Air Force Base in Utah as a computer tech. Apparently the FBI recieved and email from someone with a bomb threat in it. They immediately called the base and had them evacuate 2 buildings there. The second building evacuated was the one my DH works in...... icon_eek.gif They went out around 6:30 and the base was on lockdown. He said a few MPs went in and then a little while later they swarmed on the building. Did a search and didn't find anything, and so DH could go back in around noon. I wish they were just sent home, but who am I to judge..... He called me and said, "so we had a bomb scare this morning" like it was no big deal. We saw on the new tonight that they caught the guy that sent the email in Malad Idaho a few hours ago. Sometimes I wish he worked somewhere else - be a tech in a business office somewhere PLEASE!!! icon_wink.gif

11 replies
BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 6:54am
post #2 of 12

So glad that everything turned out okay. Not the sort of news you would want to receive any day but especially on your birthday!!

BeckySue Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 6:56am
post #3 of 12

What a terrible birthday it could have been.....thank goodness it was just a hoax and they caught the guy so quickly. I feel a little better about him going to work tomorrow...

mawagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawagner Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 10:38am
post #4 of 12

We had a bomb scare at the elementary school that I work at last spring. The principal announced that we needed to leave the building immediately and of course we had no idea why until we got outside and were able to talk to her. Imagine standing outside with a couple hundred school aged children for the last hour and a half of the school day while police searched the builing. They never caught the person that phoned it in. It makes you wonder what is wrong with people!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 4:35am
post #5 of 12

so glad it was just a houx and nothing legit. At least he is safe.

Katydidz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katydidz Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 10:39pm
post #6 of 12

So scary. I live in Southern Utah and heard all about it. We had a bomb scare at my High School right after the columbine attacks and it was terrifying. So glad everything turned out ok for you and your DH.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 1:37am
post #7 of 12

My sister works in a school just outside of Denver (JeffCo) and things have definitely changed since Columbine. I could not live everyday wondering. There are some crazy people in this world!

BeckySue Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 3:17am
post #8 of 12

So the guy that did the threat sent the email FROM THE BASE!! Idiot!! Did he think that on a air force base they don't track that kind of thing? LOL The funny thing is that he made the threat and then went home - when they arrested him he was at the station in Idaho to catch the share ride van BACK TO THE BASE!?!?! Nothing quite as smart as returning to the scene of the crime..... icon_confused.gif

BeckySue Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 3:18am
post #9 of 12

Hey Katydidz - where are you at down south?

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 3:23pm
post #10 of 12

What?!?!? Is this person Air Force or a civilian working on base?

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 3:53pm
post #11 of 12

We're a military family too - so I get what you're saying. Things are very different for military men and women. They are pretty tough! But then they've been through more than most of us civilians (okay, military spouses are hybrids - we can't help osmosize some of the military stuff).
Bomb threat? Scared? Not when they've experienced mortars bombing them day and night and buildings shaking is like a background noise!!!

BeckySue Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 7:03pm
post #12 of 12

My husband is a contractor on base so he is not military - but it was still no big deal to him.... icon_confused.gif
The guy who called in the threat (emailed - whatever) is a civilian employee of the base, but to threaten a military base I think carries a more severe penalty. He threatened buildings (hangers actually...) that had airplanes in them I guess because he was a machanic out there......apparently going through a bad divorce and wanted some kind of revenge or something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%