Gotta Love Having A Graphic Artist For A Hubby (Logo)

Business By thedessertdiva Updated 26 Jul 2007 , 1:52pm by SugarBakerz

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 17

I was deep in fret about a logo for my business name. I wanted something that stood out and I cannot draw to save my life (and yes I ask myself all the time, what am I doing in the cake decorating business...lol). Well he asked me what I was trying to do, and in about 45 minutes, gave me this!
LL

16 replies
kwdonlon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwdonlon Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 5:05pm
post #2 of 17

Love it! To me it looks contemporary...and has a comfort sweetness to it.

I mean that in the most positive way...I think it's great!

oneprimalscream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneprimalscream Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 17

It's cute, but I think that you should either remove the stroke around the pink text, or at least make the stroke a little bigger.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 17

Wow.. it looks great! I loe the abstract cupcake.. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 17

Thats really cool! And to think...you had that resource in your house the whole time.....get him decorating..and I'm sure he will amaze you icon_smile.gif

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 5:21pm
post #6 of 17

LOVE it exactly as is! Great job...wish I could do that! Did he draw the cupcake or does he have access to thousands of images?

thedessertdiva Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 5:45pm
post #7 of 17

He hand drew the cupcake. He just thinks this stuff up and voila...its done. Believe me...I have asked him about decorating and he pretends that its "below" him as an artist...lol, but he always does say "If you let me do it I could do it like this..." I say BRING IT ON!

The outline around the text is actually larger and looks porportionate to it, its just I had to resize the image to fit it on the forum therefore it has lessened the quality.

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 6:40pm
post #8 of 17

i love it!

CakeEscape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeEscape Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 7:00pm
post #9 of 17

very cute. I like it just the way that it is. I know what you mean by having essential resources available in the house. My fiancee is a network administrator so he will be building our website. I clicked on your site and it looks like mine because we havent designed nor have we began hosting, doesnt it feel great to have your own dot com? With your name! Love it. Im currently thinking of a logo myself, my only problem deciding if I want to have a cartoonish design to fit *my* personality or if I want a classic design to fit the crowd I am trying to market too. I know the answer to this question, its a big duh, but its still an inner struggle icon_smile.gif Im long winded, sorry

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 7:26pm
post #10 of 17

Love it! Simple, to the point...and I have a thing for swirls. icon_smile.gif Now just to find something as cute for cookies!

thedessertdiva Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 9:18pm
post #11 of 17

My DH is a graphics artist by trade, hobby and design. Its in his blood. He just has the knack for creativity and is a wiz with the computer. He does it for a living and I sware he does it for fun. I, have always had a hard time asking him for things like logo work, graphics, because I didnt want to take advantage of him and use his talent as a "freebee" just because he is my husband and make it seem as he is obligated to do so. So I have either tried to widdle through it myself or asked others, and I just recently found out that he has taken "offense" to this. In my trying not to take up all his time by having him work "for me", I was giving him the impression that I did not think his work was worthy or good enough. When he presented me with my logo I was shocked...as in I was honored and flattered that he would do this, take time out of his schedule to make this for me, and that he basicly read my mind on what i was trying to go for. His response to all of this..."I love you and that is why I do it."
oh and "if your friends need help, give em' my number..."

LOL icon_lol.gif

sugarlove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlove Posted 24 Jul 2007 , 10:38pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneprimalscream

It's cute, but I think that you should either remove the stroke around the pink text, or at least make the stroke a little bigger.

I agree remove the stroke from the text.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 4:37pm
post #13 of 17

I love it as is..... does he do website design for pay?

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 5:36pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

LOVE your avatar SugarBakerz!

thedessertdiva Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 8:42pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

Yep. Thats his biz. Web design, promotions, marketing. He's the one stop shop for all of that stuff...lol.

Thats why I always felt bad about asking him to do my stuff, when he does it as a living, the last thing I figured he'd want to do was make my crap at no cost! LOL

kate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kate Posted 25 Jul 2007 , 9:01pm
post #16 of 17

I love it! What a great guy! So sweet that he was offended that you didn't just ask him.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:52pm
post #17 of 17

LOVE your avatar SugarBakerz![/quote]

heheheh thanks cambo, my sister from another mother created it for me, she's a pretty cool gal!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%